AT&T Fiber (SM) Internet
Philadelphia Apartment Features
Apartments Near Philadelphia
- Philadelphia, PA
- Middle City East, PA
- Middle City West, PA
- William Penn Annex West, PA
- William Penn Annex East, PA
- Spruce Hill, PA
- Overbrook Hills, PA
- Cherry Hill, NJ
- Manayunk, PA
- Veadon, PA
- Camden, NJ
- Bala Cynwyd, PA
- Merion Station, PA
- Upper Darby, PA
- Haddon Township, NJ
- Ardmore, PA
- Melrose Park, PA
- Elkins Park, PA
- Lamott, PA
- Conshohocken, PA
- Community College of Philadelphia, PA
- Drexel University, PA
- Moore College of Art and Design, PA
- Art Institute of Philadelphia, PA
- Thompson Institute, PA
- Curtis Institute of Music, PA
- Thomas Jefferson University, PA
- University of the Arts, PA
- Peirce College, PA
- Temple University, PA
- DPT Business School--City Center, PA
- Hussian School of Art, PA
- University of Pennsylvania, PA
- University of the Sciences in Philadelphia, PA
- Rutgers University--Camden, NJ
- Philadelphia University, PA
- Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine, PA
- Talmudical Yeshiva of Philadelphia, PA
- La Salle University, PA
- St Charles Borromeo Seminary, PA
Living In Lower North, Philadelphia, PA
Did you know? Not only is Fairmount Park a beautiful place to live, it is also home to the world's largest city park systems.
Overview of Lower North
Lower North is known as a place where the old intersects with the new. Residents here can enjoy parks and historical monuments, such as the Joan of Arc Statue or the Washington Monument at Eakins Oval. There is also an art museum, as well as modern conveniences like coffee shops, restaurants, and even a Whole Foods.
Best of Lower North
- Best Place for Dessert: Located on West Ritner Street, Potitos Bakery is known for its specialty desserts, pastries, and even wedding cakes. Their fair prices and fresh ingredients keep customers coming back time and time again.
- Best Place for Brunch: Sabrina's Cafe is a popular brunch spot, especially on the weekends. It is located on Callowhill Street and offers lunch and dinner as well.
- Best Happy Hour: For the best deals on drinks at happy hour, come to the London Grill. Easily accessible on Fairmount Avenue, this award winning restaurant and bar is a historic venue with a variety of options.
- Best Children's Shopping Venue: If you need to buy a present for a child, look no further than Ali's Wagon. Located on Fairmount Avenue, this is the best place to buy gear for kids, or even take a birthing class.
Top 5 Lower North Philadelphia Adventures
- Visit the nation's oldest zoo. You can feel like a kid again by visiting the Philadelphia Zoo, which happens to be the nation's oldest zoo. This 42-acre zoo is home to more than 1,300 animals. Opened in 1874, this attraction boasts over 1.35 million visitors per year and provides entertainment for the whole family.
- Take in some local and historic art. The Philadelphia Museum of Art is one of the most popular attractions in the area. Visitors of any age and background can appreciate this top art destination. In fact, the Philadelphia Museum of Art is one of the oldest art museums in the nation.
- Go back in time by visiting a historic home. Many historic homes are located within Lower North. The Monastery is a historic stone house located on Wissahickon Creek at Kitchens Lane. It was constructed in 1747 and placed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1972. No one is quite certain of its name, but it has been linked to several monks throughout its long history.
- Embrace the Japanese culture and natural beauty. The Shofuso Japanese House and Garden offers a view into 17th century Japan with its beautiful landscaping and cultural tea ceremonies. It was named the "Best Hidden Tourist Attraction" by Philadelphia Magazine.
- Enjoy some fun for the whole family. The Please Touch Museum is a fun place for kids and adults alike. This children's museum opened in 1976 as the first museum in the nation targeted to young children. It promotes learning through play and cultural awareness.
LIST YOUR PROPERTY FOR RENT
© 2022 Rent Group Inc. All rights reserved. All photos, videos, text and other content are the property of Rent Group Inc. APARTMENT GUIDE and the APARTMENT GUIDE Trade Dress are registered trademarks of Rent Group Inc. or its affiliates.
Apple, the Apple logo, iPad, and iPhone are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.
Information is copyrighted and school data provided by GreatSchools.org. Information is deemed reliable but not guaranteed. Schools listed above are based on distance from the selected location and are just a sampling of the schools in the area. To find a particular school district, and how it relates to a specific apartment, please contact the apartment manager.
If you are using a screen reader, or are having difficulty reading this website, please email email@example.com.