Northeast Dallas, Dallas, TX
Did you know? Northeast Dallas is often called the Lake & Garden District of Dallas. It's known for its many community gardens, the Dallas Arboretum, and White Rock Lake.
Overview of Northeast Dallas
Northeast Dallas is often considered a world apart from nearby North Dallas with a more laid back style with all the attractions of the big city close by. The neighborhood has a bit of everything with the beauty of nearby Lakewood and the nightlife of Lower Greenville all close at hand. Northeast Dallas is a popular neighborhood for people who want a quieter, more laid back lifestyle.
Best of Northeast Dallas
- Best Place for a Date: The Dallas Arboretum and Botanical Garden is hard to beat when you're looking for a laidback place to take a date. Spend the day strolling through the gardens, and then visit the DeGolyer House on the grounds for lunch.
- Best Place to Catch a Show: Good Records is one of the best record stores in the city and a great place to visit when you want to catch a show. The store often hosts in-store performances from bands that are performing at the Granada Theater down the road.
- Best Place for Casual Dining: The Truck Yard offers a relaxing outdoor setting with dozens of food trucks lined up to offer everything from craft beer and cocktails to cheesesteaks and tacos. The Truck Yard follows in the Texas tradition of beer gardens with live music.
- Best Place for Dancing: The Beauty Bar offers something you won't find at many nightclubs: It's perhaps the only place in the city where you can get a manicure and a martini then dance the night away.
Top 5 Northeast Dallas Adventures:
- Hit the water at White Rock Lake: White Rock Lake is the neighborhood's most popular destination with everything from sailing and kayaking to hiking, paddle boarding, biking, and picnicking. The lake is located in White Rock Lake Park, which is also home to the Dallas Arboretum and Botanical Garden and the Bath House Cultural Center.
- Spend a day enjoying nature at the arboretum: The Dallas Arboretum and Botanical Garden is the most famous attraction in Northeast Dallas. Located on Garland Road, the 66-acre arboretum features thousands of plants and flowers. It's also home to the annual Dallas Blooms festival with over 500,000 spring-blooming plants.
- Watch a live show at the Granada Theater: The art deco Granada Theater is a local landmark and one of the best live music venues in the greater Dallas area. The Granada Theater began as a movie house in the 1940s. Today, it highlights local musicians with many theme nights.
- Enjoy the arts on the lake: The Bath House Cultural Center is a historic Art Deco building that boasts three gallery spaces, the White Rock Lake Museum, and a black-box theater. The Center focuses on visual and performing arts with new programs every month.
- Play games and enjoy a beer: Barcadia Bar & Grill is something a bit different, part bar and part arcade. You can spend the day playing classic arcade games like Centipede and Mortal Kombat with your friends while enjoying draft beers and mixed drinks.