North Central Dallas, Dallas, TX
Did you know? While it's a largely quiet suburban community, North Central Dallas is home to some of the best country clubs in North Texas, including the prestigious Prestonwood Country Club.
Overview of North Central Dallas
North Central Dallas includes the heavily populated Far North neighborhood. This area is consistently ranked as one of the most livable communities in Dallas with a stable housing market, plenty of local amenities and a very low crime rate. Many people move to North Central Dallas for the suburban lifestyle, great schools and close proximity to the big city without the higher rent and longer commutes.
Best of North Central Dallas
- Best Place for a Burger: The Liberty Burger arguably serves up the best burgers in the Dallas area. Located on Keller Springs Road in Far North Dallas, The Liberty Burger offers classics like the Baby Bella burger with baby bella mushrooms and queso blanco or the Jackie O with a lamb patty, feta cheese and Tzatziki sauce.
- Best Place to Cool Off: The Galleria Dallas is one of the biggest shopping and entertainment centers in the area. When the hot Texas summer days seem to drag on, there's no better way to cool off than hitting the ice skating rink at the Galleria.
- Best Place for a Date: The Village on the Parkway is a popular outdoor shopping center located on the edge of Addison and Far North Dallas. The Parkway offers everything from restaurants and spas to an AMC movie theater. It's also the perfect setting for a dinner and movie date.
- Best Place for a Beer: The Staggering Irishman on Preston Road is a unique Irish pub that has one of the biggest selections of beer in the greater Dallas area. Have a drink with friends while you watch the latest soccer game.
Top 5 North Central Dallas Adventures
- Visit the area's premier shopping destination: Galleria Dallas is a haven for any retail addict. While most upscale shoppers in the area are familiar with NorthPark Center, Galleria Dallas offers a unique shopping experience with more than 200 restaurants and stores as well as an ice rink. The mall also boasts beautiful architecture with a vaulted glass ceiling modeled after Milan's Galleria Vittorio Emanuele II.
- See the Little Church on the Prairie: Visiting the Frankford Church is like stepping back in time to the pioneer days in North Texas. The church was built in 1897 and restored in 2010. Spend a few hours exploring the church and the nearby frontier cemetery on acres of pristine land.
- Enjoy some family-friendly entertainment: Be sure to visit Adventure Landing, a theme park with everything from mini golf to go-karts, bumper boats and laser tag.
- Take in a movie at the area's premier theater: LOOK Cinemas on Belt Lane Road isn't just one of the best movie theaters in the region; it's also one of the most upscale. The theater features a full bar and restaurant for in-theater dining as well as comfortable power reclining seating, Dolby Atmos screens and a top-of-the-line sound system.
- Catch a round of golf: The Prestonwood Country Club has been named many times as one of the Best Country Clubs in DFW for a reason. The club boasts two 18-hole golf courses, state-of-the-art fitness centers, swimming, dining, tennis and junior programs.