Elizabeth, Charlotte, NC
Did you know? Elizabeth (South Charlotte) is home to some of Queen City's first turn-of-the-century streetcar suburbs.
Overview of Elizabeth
Once the backdrop for the city's bustling factories and mills, South Charlotte has undergone a stunning transformation. The area now features neighborhoods where modern glitz and glamour mix with an eclectic retro atmosphere. Drawing urban professionals, families and empty nesters, Elizabeth neighborhoods contain a wide range of living, dining, shopping and entertainment options.
Best of Elizabeth (South Charlotte)
- Best Pizza: Located in Elizabeth, Hawthorne's is home to South Charlotte's best pizza.
- Best Burger: The best burger in the South Charlotte area is the Irish Hills Black Angus Pub Burger from The Liberty in the South End.
- Best Restaurant: In addition to Latta Park and a Nationally Registered Historic District, Dilworth features The Summit Room, a cozy eatery that also serves handcrafted cocktails. It is rated as the best restaurant in South Charlotte.
- Best Date Night: Voted South Charlotte's best date night, Food Truck Friday in the South End features a rotating mix of gourmet food trucks.
Top 5 Elizabeth (South Charlotte) Adventures
- Step back in time when you explore the various exhibits and galleries at the Trolley Museum: Located in the Historic South End district, the museum chronicles the history of this vintage public transportation system.
- Experience art from around the globe at the Mint Museum: Housed in the former Charlotte Mint, the museum boasts a collection of American, European, African and Asian art in a variety of mediums.
- Enjoy live music at Tremont Music Hall: A well-known venue on Charlotte's music scene, it features performances by an eclectic mix of artists.
- Feel like a kid again and get inspired at the Ovens Auditorium: Family shows and gospel concert performances are just some of the many productions that grace the auditorium's stage.
- Get on your feet and feel the excitement inside Bojangle's Coliseum: The multi-purpose arena hosts concerts, hockey, basketball and professional wrestling.