Koreatown, Los Angeles, CA
Did you know? Prior to being demolished in 2005, the most famous hotel in Los Angeles was in Koreatown. The Ambassador Hotel was located at 3400 Wilshire Boulevard.
Overview of Koreatown
Koreatown is located roughly halfway between Hollywood and Downtown. The area is known for its well-preserved stock of Mid-Century Mod and Art Deco structures. The Los Angeles Metro subway offers two stations that serve the neighborhood. Although the area celebrates the richness of its Korean roots and continues support a thriving Korean-American population, it's one of the most ethnically diverse communities in the city.
Best of Koreatown
Check out some of Koreatown's finest offerings.
- Best Karaoke Bar: Shrine. This hidden karaoke hideout offers private rooms and unlimited food and drinks for the initial fee. Additional bottle service is also available for an extra price.
- Best Acupuncture: Dongguk University. For the money, this is the best holistic health deal in Los Angeles. It's an acupuncture school, so it offers discounted acupuncture.
- Best Dessert: Pot's Cafe. Located in the Line Hotel, this bakery and cafe offers inspired pastries, cakes, cookies and puffs that may be the best in California.
- Best Club: Palm Tree LA. This club is the height of LA swankiness. Featuring private karaoke rooms, multiple bars and a full menu of Korean specialties, it promises a night to remember.
Top 5 Koreatown Adventures
- Visit the Korean American National Museum: The first museum in America dedicated to Korean-American culture is a great place to learn about the heritage and contributions of this vibrant community.
- Get your BBQ on at Sun Ha Jung: Visit the Korean American Museum It's an admirable thing in Koreatown to debate which Korean BBQ joint is the best. Testing each one may be the proper way to go. Because Sun Ha Jang is at the top of many locals' lists, why not start there?
- Shop for just about anything at Koreatown Plaza: This updated shopping center offers a fantastic range of authentic Korean commercial destinations in a high-end retail environment.
- See a live show at The Wiltern: This historic theater features internationally acclaimed bands.
- Hit golf balls in the middle of the city at Aroma Spa & Sports: Imagine hitting golf balls through the city streets in the presence of a golf pro using the highest-quality equipment available. Now stop imagining and head to this Koreatown resort spa to do it!