Greater Wilshire, Los Angeles, CA
Did you know? Wilshire in Los Angeles is a highly populated area in close proximity to the "Entertainment Capital of the World." Known as "Mid-town" to the locals, the area is near both Koreatown and Little Ethiopia.
Overview of Wilshire
Greater Wilshire features plenty of places to shop and is in the middle of Los Angeles, making it easy to get around the city. The area hosts several different farmers' markets each month and is home to a number of museums. From Wilshire, locals can enjoy seeing views of nearby skyscrapers that are located in the downtown area. This neighborhood has plenty of diversity and is located just 30 minutes from Los Angeles International Airport.
Best of Wilshire
Check out some of Greater Wilshire's finest offerings.
- Best Place to Eat Southern Food: My Two Cents. This restaurant offers an intimate setting and a menu with high-end Southern dishes and sides. Try the fried chicken and fresh biscuits when coming in for lunch or dinner.
- Best Place to Grab a Drink: Mixology. This bar is perfect for those who want to experiment with different flavors and try twists on their favorite types of cocktails.
- Best Place to Get Dessert: Milk Jar Cookies. Milk Jar Cookies is one of the best places to grab baked goods in the city with unique creations that include chocolate pecan caramel and oatmeal chocolate chip cookies.
- Best Place to Get Pampered: Sparadise La Brea. This spa is known for rejuvenating massages in a relaxed environment.
Top 5 Wilshire Adventures
- Visit the Los Angeles County Museum of Art: The Los Angeles County Museum of Art features several different exhibits that include modern German art, Japanese paintings and contemporary art of the Middle East. Participate in a docent-led tour for a great way to immerse yourself in each room of the museum?
- Explore the La Brea Tar Pits: The La Brea Tar Pits are located at Hancock Park where natural asphalt has risen from the ground and is often covered in leaves or dust. The pits have preserved various fossils of animals that died at the site thousands of years ago. You can make a visit to the George C. Page Museum to learn more about the tar pits.
- See a live performance at the El Ray Theatre: Enjoy a bit of entertainment by visiting the El Rey Theatre for musical performances, costume balls and shows that are hosted throughout the year. It's a place where you can dress up and enjoy some of your favorite bands before heading out for dinner in Hollywood.
- Learn about cars at the Petersen Automotive Museum: The Petersen Automotive Museum allows visitors to learn about the history of cars by viewing 25 different exhibits. The museum explores vehicles from different time periods and some of the most popular models ever designed.
- Take a photo next to the Berlin Wall Project: The Berlin Wall Project features 10 different pieces of the Berlin Wall on Wilshire Boulevard with various works of art, including a painting of John F. Kennedy and urban graffiti. It sits on the lawn at LACMA and was painted by artists such as Kent Twitchell, Birmer and Thierry Noir.