Orlando has some mysterious qualities, but it just adds to the city's allure.
So it's no wonder that people from Orlando LOVE Orlando – and all of the little facts of life that come with living in this fair city. If you find yourself nodding at most of the below, you're probably from central Florida.
1. There's no other place in the country more deserving of the nickname "the City Beautiful" than Orlando.
2. Avoid I-4 whenever possible.
3. While we're generally happy to bring out-of-towners to the parks, we really love showing off our cool local 'hoods, including Mills 50, Ivanhoe Village, College Park and the Milk District.
4. Gators? No. 'Noles? No. Knights? YES!
5. Our craft beer scene is amazing. Yes, really. The Central FloridaAle Trail (yes, it's actually a thing!) is no joke!
6. Our official food is not honey. Or even oranges. We're not really sure, actually, but solid candidates include turkey legs, churros, Dole Whip and Gringos Locos at 3 a.m.
7. The beach isn't that far. We can spot the Atlantic – or Kennedy Space Center – from the top of ICON Orlando on a clear day.
8. Speaking of which, visible space launches are the norm, but Playalinda Beach is a killer close-in spot to watch them!
9. We eat local, not chain. (But we're still waiting for good bagels.)
10. You know at least a few current and/or former cast members.
11. We love our theme parks, too – but we know the best times of year to go are September and the shoulder between Thanksgiving and Christmas.
12. We're among the best cities in the nation for Vietnamese food. Pho sho'.
13. Those people swimming in January are from Minnesota.
14. You know what Pub Subs are.
15. You still call Disney Springs "Downtown Disney."
16. Parents here are blissful. Why? They don't have to burn precious vacation time taking their kids to Disney.
17. We are called "Orlandoans," but we'll still chuckle at "Orlandocalrissians."
18. Flip-flops + February + Florida > fresh powder pretty much anywhere.
Do you tip your cup of orange juice to our list? Or did we miss anything? Let us know in the comments!
Do you have an idea for a topic you’d like to learn more about?