Celebrate New Year’s Eve in Portland
Whether you’re celebrating the end of one of your best years or waving goodbye to it, New Year’s Eve is an excuse to dress up and treat yourself to a great dinner that you don’t often get to enjoy. Or, New Year’s Eve is a good reason to get together with your best friends and party until the New Year starts.[find-an-apartment]
Dust off your black tie and make a reservation, or purchase your tickets in advance to get into some of the most popular events in Portland this year.
Dance the Night Away
Time to get those shoes out that you’ve been saving for a special occasion. New Year’s Eve is the night of the biggest and best parties around. For an added bonus, a few of these events benefit local charities.
- Champagne Ball – This is one of Portland’s longest-running New Year’s Eve parties. In its 21st year, the Champagne Ball promises to be one of the biggest parties Portland has ever seen. General admission gives you access to all four party rooms and three dance floors. There’s also hors d’oeuvres, pizza, party favors and of course, champagne. This year, the Champagne Ball is benefiting the Children’s Cancer Association. Hilton Portland, 921 SW 6th Ave., Portland, OR 97204
- 80s Video Dance Attack – Are you an 80s baby or just love the 80s? This unique dance party features classic 80s dance tracks. This party is more than a dance party – it’s a music video and light show that are all set to the backbeat of your favorite 80s tunes. The party starts at 8 p.m. with VJ Kittyrox, a Portland-based video/disc jockey. Wonder Ballroom, 128 NE Russell, Portland, OR 97212
- New Year’s Eve Party for a Cure – The Sheraton Portland Airport Hotel is playing host to one of the most entertaining New Year’s Eve parties in Portland. The event begins at 5 p.m. with a dinner buffet. Live music, featuring the Ian James Band and 3L2B, will begin at 8 p.m. Proceeds of this event benefit the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation. All attendees will have a chance to win roundtrip airfare for two, overnight accommodations at the Aloft Austin at the Domain and two tickets to the 2012 Austin City Limits Music Festival. Sheraton Portland Airport Hotel, 8235 NE Airport Way, Portland, OR 97229
- New Year’s Eve Party Cruise – Oregon Tours puts a new spin on the New Year’s Eve parties. Take a cruise, featuring music from Opus 5, and enjoy three hours of dancing and fun aboard the yacht as you ring in the New Year. Take in the views of the Willamette River, Milwaukee Basin and Lake Oswego with unlimited champagne and heavy hors d’oeuvres. Call 888.750.3415 to reserve a spot.
More about Portland on the AG Blog:
- Welcome to Portland
- Best of Portland
- Top 5 Free Things to Do in Downtown Portland
- Sample Local Beers at These Brewpubs in Portland
Use New Year’s Eve as an excuse to treat yourself and your significant other to a nice, sit-down meal. Here are a few of the specials around Portland.
- Urban Farmer – The emphasis at Urban Farmer is on local, organic sources with a simple presentation. On New Year’s Eve, Executive Chef Matt Christianson and Pastry Chef Sean Sasser are serving up a four-course prix fixe dinner that will help you get started on a night you’ll never forget. Dinner service begins at 5 p.m. with DJ Rev Shines as the entertainment. 525 SW Morrison St., Portland, OR 97204
- H5O Bistro – All of the items on H5O’s menu are thoughtfully created and most are made with locally and/or organically grown ingredients. This is the perfect choice if you’re looking for a fabulous dining experience without all of the discomfort. The four-course prix fixe menu is affordable at $55 per person. Seating time is up to you, so be sure to call and reserve a table. 50 SW Morrison, Portland, OR 97204
- Departure Restaurant and Lounge – Departure’s menu features a combination of small plates representing everything from Asian street food-styled appetizers to rice and noodle specialties. For New Year’s Eve, Chef Gregory is creating a four-course Modern Asian tasting menu with traditional New Year’s dishes from Asian Countries. The cost is $50 per person. At 10 p.m., DJ Dressed to Kill It will take the stage to help you bring in the New Year. 525 SW Morrison St., Portland, OR 97204
Photo Credit: Shutterstock / JPL Designs