Celebrate New Year’s Eve in Chapel Hill
New Year’s Eve marks the end of the year, and it is usually celebrated with elegant formal parties and festivities to welcome in the new year. It is no different in Chapel Hill. So, grab your glittery pumps or your black tie and get ready to say goodbye to a great 2011 and hello to a brand new year. Here are a few of the events happening in Chapel Hill; be sure to call ahead to be put on the guest lists.
The Triangle area (Raleigh, Durham and Chapel Hill) is a culturally vibrant area, which means you have a vast selection of dining options in the area, depending on your preference. The restaurants also range in prices, but on New Year’s Eve, you should treat yourself to a nice meal.
- Il Palio – Enjoy live music as you enjoy a four-course pre fixe menu for $95 per person, which includes a champagne toast at midnight. You can also plan a special night with packages at the Siena Hotel, where Il Palio is located. 1505 E. Franklin St., Chapel Hill, NC 27514
- Pancuito – Local and delicious food, wine, champagne, prizes and goody bags await you here. Bring your friends and spend an evening enjoying the company of other locals while enjoying wine, tombola and a champagne toast at midnight. 110 S. Churton St., Hillsborough, NC 27278
- Carolina Crossroads – Dinner at Carolina Crossroads in the Carolina Inn starts at 5:30 p.m. and lasts until 10 p.m., which will allow you to have a formal dinner before joining friends for the party. The menu features four courses and a glass of champagne for $75 per person. 211 Pittsboro St., Chapel Hill, NC 27516
Whether you want to dance the night away or mingle with other Chapel Hill locals, there are plenty of parties around Chapel Hill.
- Occupy Midnight – The #occupyMidnight event taking place at the North Raleigh Hilton doesn’t include protesting Wall Street; it’s the sixth annual New Year’s Eve extravaganza, which includes four ballrooms with different themes: Reggae, Top 40, Salsa and Hip Hop. Tickets are available on Eventbrite. 3415 Wake Forest Road, Raleigh, NC 27609
- Black & White – Shula’s 347 is hosting the 2011 New Year’s Eve Party in Black & White that will benefit various nonprofits around Chapel Hill. For an all night party, start with the four course prix fixe dinner package with a champagne toast for $60 per person. There will be live jazz from 6:30-10 p.m. From 10:30 p.m. to 1:30 a.m., there will be a live DJ with party favors and a champagne toast. It’s $20 for the general public to get in. 1 Europa Drive, Chapel Hill, NC 27517
If you’re looking to end the year on a good note by doing something different, here are a few activities taking place in and around Chapel Hill.
- New Year’s Eve Celebration and Yoga – Head over to the Franklin Street Yoga Center from 7 to 9 p.m. for a New Year’s Eve edition of the level 1-2 class. Bring your friends and celebrate the year that has passed with good music and great yoga. 143 W. Franklin St., Suite E, Chapel Hill, NC 27516
- Afternoon Tea – The Carolina Inn is offering an afternoon tea to celebrate the end of the year. Enjoy music while the Inn’s staff serves teas, tea sandwiches and delectable sweets. Reservations must be made ahead of time by calling 919.918.2735. 211 Pittsboro St., Chapel Hill, NC 27516
Photo Credit: iStockphoto/DNY59