Top Safety Tips for Your Apartment Pool
Summer has rolled around again and everyone’s minds are on having fun in the sun — particularly if your apartment community has a pool. Though it’s easy to forget, keeping basic safety in mind can ensure that you, your family and your guests have a great time. Check out these tips and get ready to get wet!
Know Before You Go
- Learn CPR. Being prepared is important, especially if you’ll be taking kids to the pool.
- Review the rules. Your apartment community will more than likely have rules they will expect you to adhere to when using the pool. Make sure you’re aware of them and let your guests or children know.
- Discuss pool safety with your kids. If you have kids they’re going to want to spend a lot of time at the pool. Ensure they know how to use the pool safely, and discuss potential dangers.
What To Pack
- Plenty of drinks. Summertime heat and sunshine can easily cause dehydration. Be sure to have plenty of cold, non-alcoholic drinks on hand.
- Sunscreen. Keep an appropriate level of sunscreen on-hand and top-up throughout the day — particularly if you’ve been swimming.
- Lifejackets or floatation devices. If you’re not a strong swimmer, or your kids are just learning, these can provide some extra safety.
At The Pool
- Stay close to children at all times. Even if they have floatation devices or are “good” swimmers.
- Don’t run. Pool decks can be slick and falls happen easily.
- Keep an eye on the weather. Summer storms come up quickly. If you hear thunder or see lightning, seek cover immediately.
- Obey No Diving signs. If there are No Diving signs, you need to adhere to them for your own safety.
Having fun at your apartment pool is one of the great things about summer. By keeping safety top-of-mind, you can ensure everyone has a wonderful season in the sun. What are some of your pool tips? Let us know on Facebook or Twitter!