The Most Popular Words in Apartment Names
In previous articles, we’ve highlighted findings about the highest rent in the nation and the most expensive square feet by metro, among other discoveries in our data. This time, we thought we might check out the words used in apartment names. In looking at the thousands of listings on Apartment Guide, we discovered the most popular words of all which are used apartment names. Can you guess them?
Our research reveals . . .
Here’s a quick look at some of the most common words found in apartment names, along with the number of times they appear in Apartment Guide listings.
In how many names?
The two most popular words
“Park” and “Village” appear to be the most popular descriptions in apartment community names. The word “park” occurs in about 1,400 names, with “village” close behind at around 1,200.
As you travel around in your community, do you see these words often in apartment names? You may live in a “Park” or “Village,” yourself!
A quirky analysis…
- From our list of apartment names, we discovered that 66,633 words are used, but only 8,286 of those words are unique.
- The average apartment community name is around 3 words long.
- 4,845 different words are used only once over all the names in our registry.
- More than twice the properties who use the word, spell ‘Pointe’ with an ‘e’ at the end. To the point, that extra ‘e’ must be worth something!
- In a “sign” of the times, perhaps, 21 properties contain the ‘@’ symbol in their names.
What’s the most unique apartment name you’ve seen?
We think one of the most interesting name choice is The Confluence at Harvest Hills, an apartment community in Williston, ND. It uses “hills” instead of “ridge.”
More Trivia: “Confluence” means a coming together, or two things occurring at the same time. It’s also a word used in the oil industry, and Williston’s repuation is as an oil boom town where many oilfield workers live in apartments. (At one time, Williston, ND, had the highest average entry-level rental price in the country).