Now under new management! The Lux has all the high end features and amenities you deserve in a location that simply can't be beat. You're within walking distance to all of downtown Madison including the Capitol Square, State Street, Kohl Center and Overture Center. Our common areas include a fitness center with free weights and cardio equipment, theater room, fireplace in our entry lounge, and rooftop terrace with swimming pool and gas fire pit that has Capitol and Lakefront views. The finishes within The Lux are nothing short of luxury with white kitchen cabinets, maple wood ceramic flooring, blue pearl counter tops, and stainless steel appliances. All units have their own washer and dryer with ceilings fans in all the bedrooms. To view Virtual Tours of The Lux, go to the floor plan section of this listing & copy and paste the link into your browser!!
Ratings & Reviews
3 Reviews for The Lux
Please Please don't be fooled by the positive reviews. They are clearly written by building staff. The building is an awful place to live. Here are some highlights of what you can expect if you decide to move in:
1. A broken pool: The pool has not worked in almost a year. They will tell you that it's being fixed but they've been saying that for months and they wont give you any sort of reimbursement. According to management, the pool and other amenities are not included in your rent so if it doesn't work, it's not their fault. Obviously this is a blatant lie. Of course the amenities, and the maintenance for them, get built in to your rent.
2. The Parking garage is constantly broken: They will tell you that they've recently invested a lot of money into the parking garage to ensure it works properly. This may be true, but it still doesn't work. If the garage breaks and your car is currently stored away, you're out of luck. You can't access your car until it's fixed which could be a whole day or maybe even longer. It's a terrible system.
3. They employ bait and switch tactics: On multiple occasions they've put out promotions and then when you go into the office to claim it, they change it on you.
In conclusion: Do NOT Live there!
The parking system is so stupid. It fails ALL the time.
And the staffs, especially the maintenance leader is very rude and unfriendly. Plus you will never get your requested maintenance.
Do NOT live there. Don't make the mistake. Living here will literally ruin your life. (Late to work, etc due to parking system failure.)
I have a friend who currently lives at The LUX and based on our experience, I would NEVER promote living here. The new company that took over earlier this year picks and chooses when to enforce their rules. Sometimes they will give you a warning, sometimes they wont. It really matters on what they're feeling on a given day. With other apartments in downtown Madison, event's are put on such as wine tastings or room raffles where you can win prizes, or monthly "thank-you'" events where they have a pot-luck type offering. The LUX does NONE OF THAT. All they do is overcharge you for your room and put you in a TERRIBLE parking situation. Their parking garage is consistently broken and the little area out front they call a "lot" out front has people consistently abusing the "15 minute" rule without being towed, whereas others will be towed. I can say without a doubt in my mind that they are inconsistent as best as a housing unit. Several floors consistently smell like burnt cigarettes and half the time the parking garage they expect you to pay $200/month at is broken. Overall an awful experience, the rooms are always cold, the bathrooms don't have vents(which will create mold over time), the people who work there never greet you with a smile, or say anything in general to make you feel like you chose the right place to live, and their gym is gross. I would never request that anyone I know lives here! Do yourself a favor and save yourself from a terrible housing experience. Life is short, don't waste any of it at the lux.
Franklin Elementary School
West High School
Hamilton Middle School
Horizon High School
St James Catholic School
Innovative And Alternative Education
Madison Apartment Features
- Apartments with Air Conditioning
- Apartments with Balcony
- Apartments with Disability Access
- Apartments with Elevator
- Apartments with Extra Storage
- Apartments with Fiber Internet
- Apartments with Fireplace
- Apartments with Fitness Center
- Apartments with Garage
- Apartments with Gated Access
- Apartments with Laundry Facility
- Apartments with Specials & Deals
- Apartments with Swimming Pool
- Apartments with Utilities Included
- Apartments with Virtual Tours
- Apartments with Washer and Dryer Connections
- Apartments with Washer and Dryer In Unit
- Furnished Available Apartments
Apartments Near Madison
For SaleMadison, WI Homes for Sale
Frequently Asked Questions About The Lux
Are there any apartments currently available here?
For properties with guaranteed availability, try our Madison Apartments search.