1. Home
  2. Washington
  3. Tumwater
  4. Apartments for rent in Tumwater, WA

200 Apartments Available
1 - 20 of 200 Apartments< Previous Page Next Page >

LOCAL GUIDE

See what Tumwater, WA has to offer
View Local Guide

All About

Living In Tumwater, WA

Tumwater, a town in Washington, has a population of approximately 22,000. The city's population, with an average age of just over 39, is fairly typical compared to other cities in Washington, which has an average age of 38. Renters tend to be in the minority in the city, and 56% of residents own their homes. The average rent of $1,147/month is a bit below the state average.

Compared to the national average (7%), Tumwater has a relatively large number of residents older than 25 with advanced degrees, as 9% possess a Master's or a Doctorate. Additionally, 14% have earned a Bachelor's degree. There are three primary industries in Tumwater: public administration, retail, and healthcare. Combined, these industries make up 23% of the city's labor force. Meanwhile, in terms of job function, 8% of the city's population works in management, making it the top field in the city. Tumwater workers take home an average annual income of around $75K, around $8,000 less than their peers elsewhere in Washington. The city's average income, however, is fairly average compared to the national level of $73,345.

Tumwater residents have an average commute of about 23 minutes, shorter than the Washington average of about 29 minutes. Driving a car or truck is the most common mode of getting to work, opted for by 44% of workers, while public transportation is not widely used. Not many residents commute to work on foot.


Frequently Asked Questions About Tumwater

Looking for a cheap Tumwater apartment?

For the best deal, we recommend using our cheap apartments filter.

How Many Bedrooms Do You Need?

Are you living by yourself, with your family, or do you have roommates? Choose the number of bedrooms that match your needs: Studio, 1 Bedroom, 2 Bedroom, 3 Bedroom.

How Can I Tour Virtually During Covid19 & Social Distancing?

You can virtually tour any apartment by using our Tumwater, WA Virtual Tours filter. All properties in this filter contain either a 3d tour or a video tour.

Do you need a pet-friendly Tumwater apartment?

If you have a dog or cat, you'll need to find an apartment in Tumwater that accepts pets. Apply Apartment Guide's pet friendly filter to see only Tumwater apartments that accept pets. Remember to read the apartment's specific guidelines for acceptable pet breeds and weights if applicable.
Artboard

© 2020 RentPath, LLC. All rights reserved. All photos, videos, text and other content are the property of RentPath, LLC. APARTMENT GUIDE and the APARTMENT GUIDE Trade Dress are registered trademarks of RentPath, LLC or its affiliates.

Apple, the Apple logo, iPad, and iPhone are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.

Information is copyrighted and school data provided by GreatSchools.org. Information is deemed reliable but not guaranteed. Schools listed above are based on distance from the selected location and are just a sampling of the schools in the area. To find a particular school district, and how it relates to a specific apartment, please contact the apartment manager.

Download the ApartmentGuide.com app for Android and iOS