7 Units Available
4 Floor Plans
2 Floor Plans
2 Floor Plans
AT&T Fiber (SM) Internet
Salem Apartment Features
- Apartments with Air Conditioning in Salem
- Apartments with Balcony in Salem
- Apartments with Disability Access in Salem
- Apartments with Extra Storage in Salem
- Apartments with Fireplace in Salem
- Apartments with Fitness Center in Salem
- Apartments with Laundry Facility in Salem
- Apartments with Swimming Pool in Salem
- Apartments with Utilities Included in Salem
- Apartments with Virtual Tours in Salem
- Apartments with Washer and Dryer Connections in Salem
- Apartments with Washer and Dryer In Unit in Salem
- Furnished Available Apartments in Salem
- Salem Apartment Deals
- Apartments with under $1000 in Salem
- Apartments with under $1100 in Salem
- Apartments with under $1200 in Salem
- Apartments with under $1300 in Salem
- Apartments with under $1400 in Salem
- Apartments with under $1500 in Salem
- Apartments with under $2000 in Salem
- Apartments with under $600 in Salem
- Apartments with under $700 in Salem
- Apartments with under $800 in Salem
- Apartments with under $900 in Salem
Apartments Near Salem
Living In Salem, VA
A small city located in Virginia, Salem has just under 26,000 residents. Retirees make up a greater percentage of the population (19%) here than nationally (14%), while young professionals appear in smaller numbers. Renters tend to be in the minority in the city, and 66% of residents own their homes. Renting remains an affordable option, though, as the city boasts a relatively low average rent of $922 per month. Over the course of a year, renters in Salem will save around $4,300 compared to the state average.
Salem has a relatively high concentration of residents over the age of 25 with an Associate's degree (7%) compared to the national average (5%). In addition, 12% possess a Bachelor's degree and 6% have a Master's or Doctoral degree. There are three primary industries in Salem: retail, healthcare, and education. Together, these industries account for 22% of the city's workforce. Meanwhile, looking at job function, 9% of the city's population works in sales, making it the top field in the city. With an average annual income of about $68,000, Salem workers earn around $20,000 less than their peers elsewhere in Virginia. Salem's average income also trails the national average of $73,345.
With an average commute time of about 21 minutes, shorter than most cities in the state, Salem residents are well aware that it isn't overly time-consuming to travel to work. Driving a car or truck is the typical means of commuting to work, chosen by 43% of commuters, while public transportation isn't extensively used. Relatively few residents (2%) walk to work, though the number surpasses the national average.
LIST YOUR PROPERTY FOR RENT
Frequently Asked Questions About Salem
How much does it cost to rent in Salem, VA?
What is the average cost of rent for a one-bedroom in Salem?
Are there any cheap apartments for rent in Salem?
Are there any pet friendly apartments in Salem?
© 2022 Rent Group Inc. All rights reserved. All photos, videos, text and other content are the property of Rent Group Inc. APARTMENT GUIDE and the APARTMENT GUIDE Trade Dress are registered trademarks of Rent Group Inc. or its affiliates.
Apple, the Apple logo, iPad, and iPhone are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.
Information is copyrighted and school data provided by GreatSchools.org. Information is deemed reliable but not guaranteed. Schools listed above are based on distance from the selected location and are just a sampling of the schools in the area. To find a particular school district, and how it relates to a specific apartment, please contact the apartment manager.
If you are using a screen reader, or are having difficulty reading this website, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.