Built in 1967 at the height of the city's flourishing banking industry, Icon Norfolk has been newly re-imagined and reborn into Downtown Norfolk's finest, high end residence for modern movers and shakers with a taste for luxury. Climbing 24 stories into the Norfolk city skyline, Icon's floor to ceiling windows and 24th floor rooftop look out across the gleaming Elizabeth River waterfront and above the dazzling city lights. Flawless design features, iconic architecture and an astonishingly long list of opulent amenities cement our status as the ultimate in luxury living.
Lease terms are variable. Please inquire with property staff.
Save your money, avoid the fraudulent claims of "luxury"
we are in one of the Sinatra units. supposedly the highest end finishings in the place.
first to be fair a few Pros:
1. the gym is one of the best I've seen in an apartment building
2. easy access to the highways
3. Occasional dolphin sightings in the river
and the Cons:
1. corners were cut on every decision on construction build out and finishings
- cheap ill fitting doors that block no sound, door handles loose and rattling
- blinds are barely functional and have pieces falling off them a month in
- cabinets and drawers are already catching and require extra force to close
-paint splotches and loose fittings abound
2. Management could care less. (or might just be they have no power given its a big box ownership group) I have already addressed all my issues with them and all I got was the bare minimum to say they dealt with it, or a smiling "I understand your frustrations" with out any meaningful resolutions. Two months and no significant improvement in any of our issues.
2. the appliances don't work.
- our already minimal counter space is taken up by an extra microwave because the built is is non functional. it has been this way for two months with no timeframe for repair or replacement.
-our "brand new" dishwasher smells of mold and leaks despite 4 times being told it works fine by management
*gas stove is nice though
3. shower pressure is awful, and shower is essentially non functional
4. multiple false promises on the amenities
roof can be nice when music isn't being blasted up there
'bonus room' on the floor remains empty. at times used for furniture storage for other units.
5. while most people we have met are nice if not frustrated with the place, you have to deal with "ding dong ditch" at 1230 am on a Sunday, bass dropping beats at any time of night
6. tons of dogs, many cute, but at least once a week there is pet urine in the elevators or elevator
7. late night waterside concerts are loud
Management is horrible
The ICON building isnt completed for anyone to move in. Yet they have allowed people to move in to a construction site. Management can care less if you have mold and broken windows. No one will help to assist. If you complain they will bully you to move out rather than fix the issues. Dont let their social media pages fool you they take down all negative comments.
This management team is the worst to work with. Get everything in writing because they are going to tell you one thing and then charge you something different. They will run you in circles and the apartments themselves look better in the photos