AT&T Fiber (SM) Internet
Chesapeake Apartment Features
- Apartments with Air Conditioning in Chesapeake
- Apartments with Balcony in Chesapeake
- Apartments with Disability Access in Chesapeake
- Apartments with Elevator in Chesapeake
- Apartments with Extra Storage in Chesapeake
- Apartments with Fireplace in Chesapeake
- Apartments with Fitness Center in Chesapeake
- Apartments with Garage in Chesapeake
- Apartments with Gated Access in Chesapeake
- Apartments with Laundry Facility in Chesapeake
- Apartments with Specials & Deals in Chesapeake
- Apartments with Swimming Pool in Chesapeake
- Apartments with Utilities Included in Chesapeake
- Apartments with Virtual Tours in Chesapeake
- Apartments with Washer and Dryer Connections in Chesapeake
- Apartments with Washer and Dryer In Unit in Chesapeake
- Furnished Available Apartments in Chesapeake
- Chesapeake Apartment Deals
- Chesapeake Apartments under $500
- Chesapeake Apartments under $600
- Chesapeake Apartments under $700
- Chesapeake Apartments under $800
- Chesapeake Apartments under $900
- Chesapeake Apartments under $1000
- Chesapeake Apartments under $1100
- Chesapeake Apartments under $1200
- Chesapeake Apartments under $1300
- Chesapeake Apartments under $1400
- Chesapeake Apartments under $1500
- Chesapeake Apartments under $2000
- Apartments near Public Transportation in Chesapeake
- Cheap Apartments in Chesapeake
- Income Restricted Apartments in Chesapeake
- Loft Layout Apartments in Chesapeake
- Luxury Apartments in Chesapeake
- Pet Friendly Apartments in Chesapeake
- Senior Living Apartments in Chesapeake
- Short Term Apartments in Chesapeake
Apartments Near Chesapeake
For SaleChesapeake, VA Homes for Sale
Living In Chesapeake, VA
EVERYTHING TO KNOW ABOUT RENTING AN APARTMENT IN CHESAPEAKE, VA
Chesapeake is located a short drive from the Atlantic Ocean in the heart of Coastal Virginia. With a population of 244,000, Chesapeake is the second-most populous city in the state. Just big enough to include the amenities one expects of a city, like great restaurants, museums and festivals, Chesapeake still feels like a community. Nestled between Portsmouth, Norfolk and Virginia Beach, residents are never at a loss for things to do in and out of the city. Locals love Chesapeake’s proximity to waterways, historical sites and numerous opportunities to get outside.
If you would like to take advantage of a young and thriving city while being steps away from biking, kayaking, hiking, fishing and more, these apartments for rent in Chesapeake are for you.
THE BEST NEIGHBORHOODS TO FIND APARTMENTS FOR RENT IN CHESAPEAKE
Apartments in Chesapeake are never far from restaurants, shopping and the great outdoors. Whether looking for low-key city living or a more rural experience, the history and natural beauty of Chesapeake are sure to charm anyone. Here is a breakdown of a few of the most popular places to live in Chesapeake.
- Deep Creek: Deep Creek is for anyone looking for a suburban community with touches of rural life. Like much of Chesapeake, Deep Creek is full of history, having served as a major stagecoach stop, shipping point and part of the Underground Railroad.
- Edinburgh: This neighborhood is a rural community with convenient access to shopping centers, restaurants and a quick connection to downtown Chesapeake.
- Great Bridge: Great Bridge is steeped in history — taking its name from the Revolutionary War battle of the same name. Today it is a relaxing residential neighborhood encompassing some of Chesapeake’s best parks.
- Greenbrier: Greenbrier is the height of convenience and leisure in Chesapeake. Located amongst restaurants, shopping centers and both the Greenbrier Country Club and Chesapeake City Park, this neighborhood was made for relaxing. It’s also located conveniently close to Chesapeake Regional Medical Center.
- Hoover Avenue: Located in a quiet, central neighborhood near a number of parks, Hoover Avenue is just a short walk to the Elizabeth River with easy access to the main highways and freeways running through Chesapeake.
- Indian River: Named after the river that runs through it, Indian River neighborhood also contains a 90-acre forest park. If you are looking for the convenience of residential life, but want access to the outdoors right out your backdoor, this neighborhood is for you.
- Mill Creek: Mill Creek is a residential neighborhood on the edge of the Great Dismal Swamp. Don’t let the name fool you though, this State Park and National Wildlife Refuge (where Edgar Allen Poe supposedly wrote his famous poem, “The Raven”) is a beautiful and unique wilderness area full of opportunities for kayaking, mountain biking and hiking.
- River Walk: Situated between the Elizabeth River and the sprawling Oak Grove Lake Park, River Walk is a conveniently located neighborhood near main highways and the Chesapeake Regional Medical Center.
- Washington: The Washington neighborhood encompasses a large portion of Chesapeake and located near many popular attractions!
- Western Branch: This neighborhood is on the western edge of Chesapeake, with most of the residential properties near access to the Elizabeth River. This family-friendly community is served by quality public schools — Western Branch High School scores above average in student college readiness.
FUN THINGS TO DO IN CHESAPEAKE
Chesapeake is full of history, culture and natural beauty. Here are just a few of the city's best things to do and places to explore.
- Looking to do some shopping? Chesapeake Square is a 717,282 square foot mall in the Hampton Roads metro area.
- Chesapeake, VA Wine Festival - This annual festival has been a mainstay of life in Chesapeake for over a decade. Local and global wineries bring their offerings for attendees to try with eateries supplying plenty of food pairings.
- Often referred to as “Nature’s Classroom,” Chesapeake Arboretum is a 48-acre mature hardwood forest with a great trail system!
- Children’s Museum of Virginia - With a planetarium, antique toys and trains and two floors of kid-friendly exhibits, the largest children’s museum in the state gets kids curious and creative.
- Great Bridge Battlefield - For those interested in American history, this pivotal Revolutionary War battlefield saw the end of British rule in what was once the colony of Virginia. This is just one of many historical sites in the area.
- Virginia Arts Festival - Bringing in world-class musicians, performers and visual artists, the Virginia Arts Festival creates a thriving arts culture in Chesapeake year-round with outreach to schools and an emphasis on community involvement and arts education.
- Waterways - Over 22 miles of waterways in the area offer endless opportunities for boating, kayaking and fishing. These waterways are home to a wide variety of wildlife, making Chesapeake a nature lover’s dream.
- Chesapeake is an incredible place for urban hikers. Make sure to check out Sloop Trail, Schooner Trail and Tapestry Park Loop.
GETAWAYS FROM CHESAPEAKE
While there’s plenty to do in Chesapeake itself, the opportunities for getting out of town are endless. Whether visiting one of the historical sites, escaping to the coast or making a trip to the nation’s capital, Chesapeake’s location makes it easy to getaway. Nature, history and adventure await!
FIND APARTMENTS FOR RENT IN CHESAPEAKE, VA
Finding a new place to live is a stressful experience. Be sure to use an apartment finder like Apartment Guide to help you locate your next rental property. Whether you’re looking for a pet-friendly apartment or simply want an affordable place to live, we’ll help you find apartments for rent in Chesapeake that match your needs.
LIST YOUR PROPERTY FOR RENT
Frequently Asked Questions About Chesapeake
What is the average rent in Chesapeake?
What is the average cost of rent for a one-bedroom in Chesapeake?
Are there any cheap apartments for rent in Chesapeake?
Are there any pet friendly apartments in Chesapeake?
© 2021 RentPath Holdings, Inc. All rights reserved. All photos, videos, text and other content are the property of RentPath Holdings, Inc. APARTMENT GUIDE and the APARTMENT GUIDE Trade Dress are registered trademarks of RentPath Holdings, Inc or its affiliates.
Apple, the Apple logo, iPad, and iPhone are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.
Information is copyrighted and school data provided by GreatSchools.org. Information is deemed reliable but not guaranteed. Schools listed above are based on distance from the selected location and are just a sampling of the schools in the area. To find a particular school district, and how it relates to a specific apartment, please contact the apartment manager.
If you are using a screen reader, or are having difficulty reading this website, please email email@example.com.