AT&T Fiber (SM) Internet
Arlington Apartment Features
- Apartments with Air Conditioning in Arlington
- Apartments with Balcony in Arlington
- Apartments with Disability Access in Arlington
- Apartments with Elevator in Arlington
- Apartments with Extra Storage in Arlington
- Apartments with Fireplace in Arlington
- Apartments with Fitness Center in Arlington
- Apartments with Garage in Arlington
- Apartments with Gated Access in Arlington
- Apartments with Laundry Facility in Arlington
- Apartments with Specials & Deals in Arlington
- Apartments with Swimming Pool in Arlington
- Apartments with Utilities Included in Arlington
- Apartments with Virtual Tours in Arlington
- Apartments with Washer and Dryer Connections in Arlington
- Apartments with Washer and Dryer In Unit in Arlington
- Furnished Available Apartments in Arlington
- Arlington Apartment Deals
- Apartments with under $1000 in Arlington
- Apartments with under $1100 in Arlington
- Apartments with under $1200 in Arlington
- Apartments with under $1300 in Arlington
- Apartments with under $1400 in Arlington
- Apartments with under $1500 in Arlington
- Apartments with under $2000 in Arlington
- Apartments with under $500 in Arlington
- Apartments with under $600 in Arlington
- Apartments with under $700 in Arlington
- Apartments with under $800 in Arlington
- Apartments with under $900 in Arlington
- Apartments near Public Transportation in Arlington
- Cheap Apartments in Arlington
- Corporate Apartments in Arlington
- Income Restricted Apartments in Arlington
- Loft Layout Apartments in Arlington
- Luxury Apartments in Arlington
- New Construction Apartments in Arlington
- Pet Friendly Apartments in Arlington
- Senior Living Apartments in Arlington
- Short Term Apartments in Arlington
Apartments Near Arlington
- Banner College, VA
- Lado International College, VA
- University of Management and Technology, VA
- National Conservatory of Dramatic Arts, DC
- Georgetown University, DC
- George Washington University, DC
- Sanz College, DC
- Corcoran College of Art and Design, DC
- Lado International College, DC
- Strayer University, DC
- Inter-American Institute for Social Development (INDES), DC
- Institute of World Politics, DC
- School of Tomorrow, DC
- Howard University, DC
- Westwood College--Arlington Ballston, VA
- Southeastern University, DC
- VMT Education Center, DC
- University of the District of Columbia, DC
- American University, DC
- Potomac College, DC
Living In Arlington, VA
Geographic orientation: Arlington County, Virginia
Landmarks: Arlington National Cemetery, The Pentagon, Pentagon Memorial, Iwo Jima Memorial, Air Force Memorial, Ronald Reagan National Airport
Why You'll Love This Area: Arlington offers convenient access to downtown Washington D.C. and a choice of a suburban or urban lifestyle. The community is also one of the most diverse in the nation.
Arlington, Virginia is an urban county located across the Potomac River from Washington, D.C. and one of the wealthiest and most highly educated communities in the country. It is home to the Pentagon and Arlington National Cemetery, Marymount University and the highest concentration of scientific research agencies including the National Science Foundation, the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA), the Office of Naval Research (ONR).
Convenient access to the nation's capital makes Arlington a desirable, yet expensive place to live. Crystal City and Rosslyn border the city and are almost exclusively populated by high-rise apartment buildings, corporate offices, hotels, shops and restaurants. Many D.C. tourists stay in these areas because of the close proximity to the region's top attractions. Ronald Reagan National Airport is located in Arlington, within the boundaries of Crystal City, while Dulles International is located 25 miles to the west.
Arlington's Urban Villages
While Arlington is comprised of many suburban neighborhoods, many of its apartment buildings are located in its urban villages. Each of these villages has its own unique character, is pedestrian friendly and has shopping, restaurants, recreation, offices and homes all within a few blocks of each other.
All of these neighborhoods are close to Metro stations. You can easily get around without a car. A dedicated parking spot is highly desirable as on-street parking can be scarce in these popular communities. While there are no major green spaces within Arlington, a number of small parks are scattered throughout the area providing recreational space with playgrounds and picnic areas.
The main campus of Georgetown University, a highly regarded Jesuit private university, is located on the western edge of the neighborhood. Healy Hall, built in Flemish Romanesque style from 1877 to 1879, is the architectural gem of the campus and is a National Historic Landmark.
Ballston: Home to Ballston Common Mall, the area is walkable with a variety of hotels, shopping and dining.
Virginia Square: Just a few blocks from a Metro station, the neighborhood is more residential than nearby areas and home to Quincy Park, featuring picnic areas, a playground, and baseball fields.
Clarendon: The urban area blends nationally-known retailers with funky, one-of-a-kind boutiques and well known favorite restaurants.
Courthouse: Surrounding the Arlington General District Court, this area is home to a variety of restaurants and lounges, a movie theater and hotels.
Columbia Pike: This major thoroughfare has a vibrant main street with specialty retail shops and many ethnic restaurants.
Crystal City: Located just one mile from Ronald Reagan National Airport, Arlington's largest downtown area is home to Crystal City Shops, a variety of restaurants, hotels and the Synetic Theater.
Lee Highway: The neighborhoods of Williamsburg, Lee-Harrison, Highview Park, Lee Heights, Cherrydale, and Lyon Village each have their own unique neighborhood feel and their own shopping areas.
Rosslyn: The closest neighborhood to the National Mall, Rosslyn has its own downtown skyline and is home to Arlington National Cemetery and the Iwo Jima Memorial.
Shirlington: The Village at Shirlington is a walkable town center that offers a variety of dining, entertainment and shops.
Westover: Washington Boulevard is pedestrian friendly with unique small businesses. The 45-mile-long Washington and Old Dominion Trail is just a few blocks from the shopping area.
Future Georgetown Development Plan
Arlington has many urban development plans underway with a commitment to transit oriented, mixed-use, walkable communities. A plan has been approved to redevelop a 7.65-acre superblock located along the eastern boundary of Rosslyn into three new blocks with 2.5 million square feet of offices, residences, retail, a hotel and a public park. Ballston Common Shopping Mall is being renovated and will develop a new mixed-use building with residential and retail properties.
Arlington is a prime place for apartment living with great access to a wide range of employers and attractions.
There is no Metro station in Georgetown. The closest station is Foggy Bottom-GWU, about a 15-minute walk. Metrobus operates several lines to the area and the DC Circulator provides bus service using the Georgetown/Union Station or the Rosslyn/Georgetown/Dupont Circle lines.
Georgetown has heavy traffic on the weekends and holidays. M Street, Wisconsin Avenue and even the Key Bridge can be backed up at times. Street parking is hard to find and residents with cars are best served by reserved parking spaces. Reagan National Airport is just 5 miles south and Dulles International is 25 miles west.Neighborhood Corridors:
Public Transportation Options:
School District(s): Arlington Public Schools
LIST YOUR PROPERTY FOR RENT
Frequently Asked Questions About Arlington
What is the average rent in Arlington?
What is the average cost of rent for a one-bedroom in Arlington?
Are there any cheap apartments for rent in Arlington?
Are there any pet friendly apartments in Arlington?
© 2022 Rent Group Inc. All rights reserved. All photos, videos, text and other content are the property of Rent Group Inc. APARTMENT GUIDE and the APARTMENT GUIDE Trade Dress are registered trademarks of Rent Group Inc. or its affiliates.
Apple, the Apple logo, iPad, and iPhone are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.
Information is copyrighted and school data provided by GreatSchools.org. Information is deemed reliable but not guaranteed. Schools listed above are based on distance from the selected location and are just a sampling of the schools in the area. To find a particular school district, and how it relates to a specific apartment, please contact the apartment manager.
If you are using a screen reader, or are having difficulty reading this website, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.