AT&T Fiber (SM) Internet
Salt Lake City Apartment Features
- Apartments with Air Conditioning in Salt Lake City
- Apartments with Balcony in Salt Lake City
- Apartments with Disability Access in Salt Lake City
- Apartments with Elevator in Salt Lake City
- Apartments with Extra Storage in Salt Lake City
- Apartments with Fiber Internet in Salt Lake City
- Apartments with Fireplace in Salt Lake City
- Apartments with Fitness Center in Salt Lake City
- Apartments with Garage in Salt Lake City
- Apartments with Gated Access in Salt Lake City
- Apartments with Laundry Facility in Salt Lake City
- Apartments with Specials & Deals in Salt Lake City
- Apartments with Swimming Pool in Salt Lake City
- Apartments with Utilities Included in Salt Lake City
- Apartments with Virtual Tours in Salt Lake City
- Apartments with Washer and Dryer Connections in Salt Lake City
- Apartments with Washer and Dryer In Unit in Salt Lake City
- Furnished Available Apartments in Salt Lake City
- Salt Lake City Apartment Deals
- Apartments with under $1000 in Salt Lake City
- Apartments with under $1100 in Salt Lake City
- Apartments with under $1200 in Salt Lake City
- Apartments with under $1300 in Salt Lake City
- Apartments with under $1400 in Salt Lake City
- Apartments with under $1500 in Salt Lake City
- Apartments with under $2000 in Salt Lake City
- Apartments with under $600 in Salt Lake City
- Apartments with under $700 in Salt Lake City
- Apartments with under $800 in Salt Lake City
- Apartments with under $900 in Salt Lake City
- Apartments near Public Transportation in Salt Lake City
- Cheap Apartments in Salt Lake City
- Income Restricted Apartments in Salt Lake City
- Loft Layout Apartments in Salt Lake City
- Luxury Apartments in Salt Lake City
- New Construction Apartments in Salt Lake City
- Pet Friendly Apartments in Salt Lake City
- Senior Living Apartments in Salt Lake City
- Short Term Apartments in Salt Lake City
Apartments Near Salt Lake City
- Central City
- Central Salt Lake City
- East Downtown
- The Avenues
- East Central
- Central City Historic District
- The Avenues Historic District
- People's Freeway
- Capitol Hill
- Liberty Wells
- University District
- Capitol Hill Historic District
- Northwest Salt Lake City
- Rose Park
- Jordan Meadows
- View All
Living In Salt Lake City, UT
EVERYTHING TO KNOW ABOUT RENTING AN APARTMENT IN SALT LAKE CITY, UT
Nestled at the foot of the Wasatch Mountains on the southeastern shore of the Great Salt Lake, Salt Lake City is one-of-a-kind. Thanks to its vibrant economy and competitive cost of living, the region continues to attract thousands of new residents each year. It’s also one of the principal destinations for active tourists in the western United States. No matter what you are seeking in apartments for rent in Salt Lake City, there's a good chance that you’ll find it here.
Salt Lake City also has great educational opportunities as the home of the University of Utah. Set your kids up for success by enrolling them in one of the city’s top K-12 schools, such as Ensign Elementary or Cottonwood High, home of the Academy for Math, Engineering & Science (AMES).
THE BEST NEIGHBORHOODS TO FIND APARTMENTS FOR RENT IN SALT LAKE CITY
Thanks to our comprehensive online search tools, you can find great deals on Salt Lake City apartments without ever leaving the couch. Whether you need to find a three-bedroom home in the suburbs or a pet-friendly loft close to downtown, Apartment Guide can help you discover the best apartments in Salt Lake City. Customize your search to find specific amenities like covered parking and welcoming pet policies, or scout out the ideal commuting distance to work.
Another way to find your ideal apartment in SLC is to search by neighborhood. Here are some great areas to explore:
- 9th and 9th: This is a “hip” area with boutique shops, cafes and yoga studios. The center of this area, not surprisingly, is the intersection of 900 East and 900 South and continues out a few blocks in all directions.
- The Avenues: Perfect for out-of-state students, the Avenues provide an easy-to-navigate grid system just northwest of the University of Utah.
- Capitol Hill: The Capitol Hill neighborhood got its name due to being the location of the Utah State Capitol. With lots of historic buildings and access to nature via City Creek Canyon, this beautiful area also offers a lot of great views of the city.
- Downtown: Downtown Salt Lake City includes Temple Square, the location of the first Mormon church in Utah. You’ll also find commercial businesses on Main Street and open-air shopping at Gateway District.
- Central City: Central City is just east of downtown and offers a wide range of apartments for various budgets and tastes.
- Central Salt Lake City: Central Salt Lake City covers a wide area next to downtown. The west portion abuts the popular artsy area the Granary. If you’re a foodie, Granary offers everything from barbecue and beer to vegan cuisine and coffee.
- East Central: This neighborhood is close to both downtown and the University of Utah. With a mix of families and students, it’s quiet while providing access to parks and coffee shops.
- People’s Freeway: Located west of downtown SLC, People’s Freeway offers both a suburban feel of tree-lined streets with single-family residences as well as shopping and restaurants.
- Rose Park: This small community north of the city is known for its green space. It is becoming an attractive option for young families.
- Sugar House: For a 21st-century community with artisan shops, food trucks and a farmers market, make Sugar House your new home.
FUN THINGS TO DO IN SALT LAKE CITY
As one of the most affordable places to live in the U.S., Salt Lake City offers not only cost-effective housing but plenty of free and affordable entertainment. Here are our top things to do in SLC:
- As the headquarters of the Mormon church, Salt Lake City is chockablock with religious attractions. Spend the day in the 35-acre Temple Square district to view the architecturally impressive Salt Lake Temple or to attend a concert by the world-famous Mormon Tabernacle Choir.
- Chase Home Museum of Utah Folk Arts: Chase is the only museum in the country dedicated to displaying a state-owned collection of contemporary folk art. Follow the facility on social media to learn about upcoming programs and workshops.
- Family History Library: One of the best free things to do in Salt Lake City with kids, the Family History Library features hundreds of thousands of helpful print resources for discovering, sharing and digitally preserving your genealogical records.
- Diamond Fork Hot Springs: The 4.5-mile hike along the Three Forks Trailhead is well worth it to reach these naturally heated pools of water, also known as the Fifth Water Hot Springs.
- Gilgal Sculpture Garden: The state's only “visionary art environment,” Gilgal is a public park with ornate rock sculptures by mid-20th-century artist and Mormon leader Thomas Battersby Child, Jr.
- Tracy Aviary: Flock to this family-friendly aviary to develop a new appreciation for owls, hawks, macaws and other species of birds. Stop by the Backyard Birds enclosure to learn about the feathered creatures that live near your new apartment.
- If you are a sports fan, you can watch the NBA team the Utah Jazz play at Vivint Smart Home Arena, catch a fly ball during a minor league game at Smith’s Ballpark, or tour the city’s Winter Olympics facility at Olympic Cauldron Park.
- Take a family-friendly adventure to Hogle Zoo or visit Wheeler Historic Farm, a regional park and real working farm where you can interact with domestic animals.
- You and your four-legged friends can let loose at the Memory Grove off-leash area along the Freedom Trail. After working up an appetite trekking through the creek, sit down for dinner at one of several downtown restaurants with pet-friendly patios.
- No matter which attractions you choose, look your best with a new outfit from Fashion Place, a high-end shopping center with more than 150 retailers and restaurants.
SALT LAKE CITY’S GREAT OUTDOORS
Salt Lake City is bordered by mountains to the east and water to the west. The foothills just beyond the city’s limits are crisscrossed by biking, hiking and walking trails. In the city itself, a network of paved jogging trails allows locals to stay active throughout the year.
SLC is home to a plethora of sports facilities as well. Perfect your forehand on the tennis courts at Cottonwood Heights, hit the bullseye at Easton Salt Lake Archery Center, or practice new bike tricks at the Rad Canyon BMX course.
GETAWAYS FROM SALT LAKE CITY
Salt Lake City is only a few hours away from all five of Utah’s famous national parks—Zion, Bryce Canyon, Capitol Reef, Canyonlands and Arches—each one boasting beautiful Jurassic rock formations and plenty of opportunities to reconnect with nature. If you love the snow, several world-class ski resorts lie within easy driving distance in the famed Park City, only a 40-minute drive east. Located on the other side of the Wasatch Range, you can ski and hike to your heart’s content at one of the resorts in pristine Park City. Looking to explore other metropolitan areas in the region? Las Vegas is a straight shot southward on I-15, and Idaho’s capital city Boise is less than five hours northwest on I-84.
FIND APARTMENTS FOR RENT IN SALT LAKE CITY, UT
Finding a new place to live is a stressful experience. Be sure to use an apartment finder like Apartment Guide to help you locate your next rental property. Whether you’re looking for a pet-friendly apartment or simply want an affordable place to live, we’ll help you find apartments for rent in Salt Lake City that match your needs.
LIST YOUR PROPERTY FOR RENT
Frequently Asked Questions About Salt Lake City
What is the average rent in Salt Lake City?
What is the average cost of rent for a one-bedroom in Salt Lake City?
Are there any cheap apartments for rent in Salt Lake City?
Are there any pet friendly apartments in Salt Lake City?
© 2022 Rent Group Inc. All rights reserved. All photos, videos, text and other content are the property of Rent Group Inc. APARTMENT GUIDE and the APARTMENT GUIDE Trade Dress are registered trademarks of Rent Group Inc. or its affiliates.
Apple, the Apple logo, iPad, and iPhone are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.
Information is copyrighted and school data provided by GreatSchools.org. Information is deemed reliable but not guaranteed. Schools listed above are based on distance from the selected location and are just a sampling of the schools in the area. To find a particular school district, and how it relates to a specific apartment, please contact the apartment manager.
If you are using a screen reader, or are having difficulty reading this website, please email email@example.com.