The Village at Shavano...a community designed with extreme consideration for Nature and the Hill Country. Our secluded Village exists among tranquil native oak trees where you can experience Mother Nature's own beauty and live a casual, carefree lifestyle. Perfectly located on DeZavala Road between IH 10 West and Lockhill-Selma Road, The Village at Shavano offers convenient access to retail shops, movie theatres, restaurants and great schools. Discover The Village at Shavano and return to the Nature of things. Large 1 and 2 Bedroom Apartments Available!
Variable, 7-Month, 8-Month, 9-Month, 10-Month, 11-Month, 12-Month, 13-Month
Great apartment complex! Overall, my roommate and I have had a great experience these past three years.
1. The 2 bedroom 2 bath floorplan is very nice and spacious. I like the wood flooring in the living/dining/kitchen areas. The balcony is also pretty large, with extra storage space.
2. The community is great! Ive lived in student housing before and it can get pretty loud at times. This complex is quiet and relaxed. Youll sometimes see people walking their dogs, but for the most part you dont really see people.
3. Some people will always find issues with management, but for the past couple of years Ive always dealt with the Assistant Manager Sierra. Shes very nice and quick to offer assistance.
4. The complex takes good care of maintaining the community, such as frequently cutting the grass and raking.
5. There is a dog park now, so thats beneficial for dog owners.
6. The location is freaking great. The H-E-B, Neighborhood Wal-Mart and regular Wal-Mart are less than 5 minutes away. There are also several fast food/regular restaurants nearby. You can literally walk to Subway or Pizza Hut.
1. Maintenance takes a while to resolve issues, so its sometimes faster to fix the problem yourself. (However, slow maintenance seems to be common in most apartment complexes, so I wouldnt dock them many points for this.)
2. The pool is rarely open or clean, which is not a big deal for me, but if youre looking forward to using it then that may be worth considering. (Maintenance of the pool does occur frequently during summer.)
3. Not a big deal, but it would be great if they updated their gym equipment since its a little old and rickety.
4. Location is great, but worth considering is the fact that there are like three schools near it, so theres some traffic in the mornings and around 4. (Well, if you have kids then this may actually belong in the Pros section.)
Far better apartments in the area. Location is the only pro for this complex. Managament is poor and so is the quality of the units and pest problem.
It's a nice area to live very quiet and safe.
I lived here about 10 years ago & decided to come back. Luv the area, if I have a maintenance request it's taken care of right away. Management has been great.
It is quiet and provides a nice family environment.