Post Midtown Square is a unique community of luxury apartments, ground floor retail, gorgeous courtyards, a 3,000 square foot fitness center, three pools, garage parking, and more! Conveniently located in Midtown, just two blocks south of downtown Houston, and two miles north of the Museum District and the Medical Center, Post Midtown Square lets you walk to popular neighborhood restaurants and shops. The newest phase of Post Midtown Square includes apartments featuring maple cabinets, granite countertops, stainless steel appliances, and much more.
Lease terms are variable. Please inquire with property staff.
If I could give this place less than one star, I would. Over the course of my less than one year living there my track lighting broke FOUR times, my "brand new" washing machine broke and took over a week to be replaced, my oven locked itself shut TWICE, my water got shut off with no warning THREE times, and multiple other issues like noise and trash in common areas for over a week at a time even after I reported it, went ignored by the management staff. They will not respond to emails or phone calls even one second after office hours and sometimes take 3-7 days to simply return an email. They simply act as if they don't care about maintaining their portion of the lease agreement which includes their responsibility to provide working appliances and clean, quiet common areas. They let dogs defecate and urinate in the hallways and take 2-3 days to clean it up sometimes. I once told them about a pizza box and loose slice of pizza in one of the stairwells and it took them 7 days to clean it up. Let the rats come, why not, management doesn't live there, not their problem, right? This is not an inexpensive apartment complex to buy into, so do not throw away your money like I did! They remind me of slumlords! Don't do it! They even let me out of my lease early which was basically an admission of guilt about how bad they are when it comes to apartment management. I've lived in ten or so different apartment communities across America and this is by far, by far, THE WORST.
I can unquestionably say this is the worst apartment I have ever lived in, at least on a value basis. The only reason I chose to live here was the location and they offered me three months off rent on a twelve month lease. I have only been living here and here are some of the major problems:
- After a month and a half, a smell like a dead animal started radiating from where my unit's washer and dryer are kept. I submitted a work order to fix it, they took a few days to come by, found nothing and did not resolve the issue. It has been two weeks now and the smell has permeated into my entire apartment. I tried all the home remedies for cleaning the washer, thinking it was mildew, but the smell did not go away. I finally realized it was the dryer, but after trying to clean out the dryer vents, that were clogged with lint, hair, etc. (it most certainly has never been cleaned), the smell still lingers. I am still waiting on Post to fix -their- dryer unit.
- My fridge was not creating ice and when I submitted a work order to fix it, the problem was not resolved, and began leaking pools of water into the kitchen. I contacted Post about this, and again it took three days for them to get back to me with water leaking and on my floor.
- The windows on my apartment might as well be paper. They are the ultra-thin, cheap quality kind that are normally found in very cheap motels. I hear everything that goes on outside. I have come back to my apartment and thought someone had broken in because I could hear someone talking so clearly I assumed they were inside. Gray street is very loud at all times, so I do not suggest any units facing that street.
- It seems like a high percentage of residents are students who spend most of their time blasting music from their units and having parties. This is not a place for young professionals, and certainly not for families.
- The toilet clogs easily and the seat was falling off the hinges when I moved in.
The Post Midtown Square is a lovely apartments and are located in a great area. It's in walking distance to serval restaurants,bars and a nice park to visit to relax and see a great view of downtown Houston. It's also in a neutral area to drive to plenty places through out Houston in a fashionable time frame. This is a great spot to live, just come by and check it out.
I love living head far. It's a little noisy but that's to be expected when living so close to the bars. Wish the upgraded apartments were not so much high because would have definitely wanted those amenities but not for an extra $250 per month in a smaller apartment. Still love my apartment and layout. Will definitely recommend staying here.
I've been here for exactly a month and love staying at Post Midtown Square. The layout is stunning, the location is so convenient, and believe it or not? It's more quiet than one would think! I love the amenities including a cyber cafe, 24 gym with tons of well-maintained equiptment and did I mention the location?!!