We DO NOT RECOMMEND this place. Just some facts for your consideration:
1. Extra Fees. Fees besides the rent: MANDATORY $25 trash valet fee., boiler, pest control, sewer - cold meter, sewer - hot meter, fixed sewer, storm water charge, trash, water - cold meter, water - hot meter, fixed water, boiler maintenance fee, and AUM admin charge. I list these because THEY DOUBLE CHARGE.
2. Double charging. Gables Tanglewood charges some fees for 13 MONTHS INSTEAD OF 12 MONTHS, if a one-year lease ends not by the end of a month, but in the middle, say, 2nd of May, because the lease extended into the next May. But they forgot to mention two days are missing from the starting months. There was not much we could do because they TAKE THE DOUBLE CHARGE OFF THE DEPOSIT.
3. Late fee. We DID NOT RECEIVE THE REMINDER in email and ended up paying our rent a couple days. The late fee is non-negotiable, because the manager needs to treat all the residents equally. EQUALLY BAD. Our email was left aside first, the manager didnt care to answer the question on the phone (we heard the manager was there but the staff said she was not available).
4. Public facilities not working. The printer, as part of the promised facilities, never seemed to work properly. Before it totally went down, it spats out papers with 10% of the contents missing on the left margin. NEVER FIXED.
5. Staff. The staff is not as helpful as other apartments at the same price range. The staff at the front desk answer some questions (for example, printing a two page document for you because the printer in the public office is not working), but all the real concerns are NOT BE SOLVED but to be blamed on their manager who is NOT AROUND a lot.
6. Noise. The parlor music from the food court and the music playing 24/7 in the corridors can get annoying very soon. If you live on the street side, add the screeching and honking to the experience.
It DOES NOT feel like home, even though they advertise so. DO NOT RECOMMEND.
My fianc and I love living at Gables , we are even thinking about transfer to a 2 bedroom for a little more space! The office staff is so helpful and timely with anything you request! We love living here and a few of our friends have moved in as well. Highly recommended place to live in Houston
I absolutely adore living at Gables Tanglewood! The team in the office are so professional and helpful. My move in went so smoothly. The hallways are super clean and the amenities are my fianc favorite place to be! I definitely recommend living here!!!!
As much I want to like this place, there are many reason not to like living here. As everyone has already said, the garage and elevators are always full of trash & disgusting. If you live in the courtyard interior, you will always be hearing kids playing and shouting downstairs plus the midnight noise when the restaurants downstairs are being cleaned. They love to send out threatening emails to the entire community 1-2 times per month about towing for not having stickers or parking in retail downstairs. They no longer replace light bulbs for free, this is a small cost compared to rent that is commonly covered by apartments. An excellent example of how cheap and cost-cutting this place is.
They also employe a trash valet company that bills themselves as an additional source of revenue for apartments. They charge residents $25 per month and nobody uses it because the trash chutes are already easily accessible for everyone. This charge should be optional and/or reduced.
When I first moved in here, there used to be 1-2 community events every month, involving breakfast upstairs and an opportunity to meet neighbors. Those things no longer happen and this disappoints me, it was part of the reason I chose this place.
Always loud music in the courtyard echoing up the building. They dont keep up with repairs and maintenance or respond quickly to maintenance requests. New manager is aso very unresponsive and rarely on property. Elevator music in hallway plays loud all night.
Beautifully designed social spaces such as of rooftop pool, shaded cabanas and grilling kitchens give our residents a relaxing place to socialize and take in the views. Not in the mood to cook? Enjoy happy hour or dinner at one of two delicious restaurants located on site. Need to unwind? Visit our on-site spa. No matter what your mood, our concierge staff is here to help.
Our lease terms are: 3 months, 4 months, 5 months, 6 months, 7 months, 8 months, 9 months, 10 months, 11 months, 12 months, 13 months, 14 months, 15 months, 16 months (Please note that lease terms may vary, are subject to change without notice, and are based on availability. Inquire with property staff for complete details).
Open until 6:00pm
© 2020 RentPath, LLC. All rights reserved. All photos, videos, text and other content are the property of RentPath, LLC. APARTMENT GUIDE and the APARTMENT GUIDE Trade Dress are registered trademarks of RentPath, LLC or its affiliates.
Apple, the Apple logo, iPad, and iPhone are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.
Information is copyrighted and school data provided by GreatSchools.org. Information is deemed reliable but not guaranteed. Schools listed above are based on distance from the selected location and are just a sampling of the schools in the area. To find a particular school district, and how it relates to a specific apartment, please contact the apartment manager.