We reached out twice on Apartments and Trulia and still no response. We would love to schedule a site visit, but unsure whether their customer care is important to them.
Expect to be lied to and stolen from at move out!!
I am very dissatisfied with the way I was treated by the manager Jennifer and assistant manager Lilly.
Before move out, I spoke to the staff to ask exactly what needed to be done to make sure I receive my security deposit back in full ($200 security deposit, and $200 pet deposit), as well as followed all move out information detailed in my lease. My sweet parents that are in their 60s and I spent two full days going above and beyond cleaning my apartment, even spending money buying cleaning products and machines to deep clean every inch. We truly left the apartment cleaner and in better shape than when I first moved in. On move out day, the office refused to perform a move out walk through with me and said that maintenance will do it at a later date. Knowing that I left the apartment absolutely perfect, I turned in my key.
A month later after not hearing from anyone, I called the office to ask for an update. The assistant manager, Lilly, then emailed me my move out statement with the majority of my deposit taken out for cleaning and damage charges. When I called to have her explain, she took out even more for carpet replacement! I was in absolute shock! I could not believe they would blatantly steal from me this way. I requested pictures and they sent back horribly low quality pictures with no description. I then had to endure a month of upset and anger emailing back and forth with the incredibly unprofessional manager, Jennifer, before I finally received my partial deposit back. I even reached out to SIMC management to let them know how upsetting this whole ordeal was, and I am still waiting on a response from them as Rebecca at Valiant Resident Services has told me the Regional Supervisor will contact me, but I have not heard from anyone.
I am absolutely disgusted by this whole ordeal and would not wish on anybody the stress and upset the management at Lakewood Flats has caused.
PLEASE READ BEFORE LEASING HERE! I really wanted to love this place. The amenities are nice and location is awesome for me. Let's start with the fact that I lease apartments as well and understand that things happen. I've lived here for about 8 weeks and won't be renewing my lease. Here's why:
1. Days after moving in we get calls and emails from the office asking for our last years W2. After each providing 3 most recent pay stubs and one from each previous employer (?) How did I get approved if you don't have the correct documents?
2. We get calls after that to bring in more documents to verify our vehicle inform which also should have been taken care of before moving in. At this point I don't know whether they lost some of my file or what...
3. Boyfriend's work van gets stolen from the parallel parking right outside of the community gates (Day 2 after moving in)
4. After the break in we were issued a parking sticker for the van. That gave us 3 permits even though we're only allowed 2 but we figured we had a special case (lol)
5. The manager wants registration and insurance for all vehicles which is fair even though this is the third time I'm giving them this information minus the work
6. After explaining the situation she offers an updated sticker and puts a charge on my account for a carport space without prior notice or asking if we'd rather move the vehicle back outside of the complex gates
The community is great as far as neighbors and things to do but the office staff is way too unorganized and money hungry for comfort.
Located in the Lakewood area of Dallas at White Rock Lake, Lakewood Flats Apartments is a luxury apartment community with a most desirable balance, casual elegance, sophisticated urbanism and a world of style dedicated solely to you. It's the best of both worlds: being just minutes from downtown and Lower Greenville area with immediate access to the Santa Fe Trail.
Our luxury 1 and 2 bedroom apartment flats and townhomes for rent offer premium finishes that include stainless steel appliances, granite countertops, kitchen islands, stained concrete or wood-style flooring, and so much more. Community amenities such as our resort-style swimming pool, 24-hour fitness center with FREE boot camp classes, 2 dog parks, and entertainment lounge make coming to Lakewood Flats the best place to call home!
We are pleased to announce that Lakewood Flats has won the 2018, 2017 and 2016 ApartmentRatings.com Top-Rated Award!
© 2020 RentPath, LLC. All rights reserved. All photos, videos, text and other content are the property of RentPath, LLC. APARTMENT GUIDE and the APARTMENT GUIDE Trade Dress are registered trademarks of RentPath, LLC or its affiliates.
Apple, the Apple logo, iPad, and iPhone are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.
Information is copyrighted and school data provided by GreatSchools.org. Information is deemed reliable but not guaranteed. Schools listed above are based on distance from the selected location and are just a sampling of the schools in the area. To find a particular school district, and how it relates to a specific apartment, please contact the apartment manager.