AT&T Fiber (SM) Internet
Brownsville Apartment Features
- Apartments with Air Conditioning in Brownsville
- Apartments with Balcony in Brownsville
- Apartments with Disability Access in Brownsville
- Apartments with Extra Storage in Brownsville
- Apartments with Fiber Internet in Brownsville
- Apartments with Fitness Center in Brownsville
- Apartments with Gated Access in Brownsville
- Apartments with Laundry Facility in Brownsville
- Apartments with Swimming Pool in Brownsville
- Apartments with Utilities Included in Brownsville
- Apartments with Virtual Tours in Brownsville
- Apartments with Washer and Dryer Connections in Brownsville
- Apartments with Washer and Dryer In Unit in Brownsville
- Furnished Available Apartments in Brownsville
Apartments Near Brownsville
Living In Brownsville, TX
EVERYTHING TO KNOW ABOUT RENTING AN APARTMENT IN BROWNSVILLE, TX
If you want to enjoy a mild subtropical climate with access to the Gulf of Mexico, Brownsville, Texas is a great place to live. The city’s slogan is “On the Border By the Sea,” referring to Brownsville’s location at the Mexican border in the southeast portion of Texas off the Gulf of Mexico. With a population of over 182,000, Brownsville is a growing metropolitan area, officially known as the Matamoros–Brownsville metropolitan area. Matamoros is Brownsville’s sister city across the border in Mexico, with a population of more than 750,000. You’ll find many great apartments for rent in Brownsville.THE BEST NEIGHBORHOODS TO FIND APARTMENTS FOR RENT IN BROWNSVILLE
Looking for apartments in Brownsville? You’ll find a variety of rental options in Brownsville, Texas, from modern, spacious apartments with all the amenities to house rentals. Here are some great locations to start your search for your new Brownsville home:
- Downtown Brownsville: This multicultural city has a historical city center with a one-of-a-kind Rio Grande Valley style of architecture. The downtown area intersects with the Rio Grande River, with Matamoros on the other side. Brownsville joined the Texas Main Street City program in 2016 with a commitment to preserve the bicultural and binational heritage of the metropolis. An initiative is underway to designate the historical section as a National Register Historic District. With rich culture, shops and access to local businesses, check out downtown when you are looking for apartments for rent in Brownsville.
- Las Palmas: The Las Palmas area of Brownsville is northeast of downtown. It offers easy access to the Brownsville South Padre Island International Airport, off the Resaca de la Palma River.
FUN THINGS TO DO IN BROWNSVILLE
If you are reviewing apartments in Brownsville, you might be wondering what there is to do in this border city.
- The Children’s Museum of Brownsville offers learning through creative play and has scientist educators demonstrating experiments.
- Downtown Brownsville is a great place to enjoy diverse, international cuisine whether seafood, cultural or vegan. You’ll also find unique shops and museums here.
- Visit the Gladys Porter Zoo to see a diverse collection of animals. The location spans 31 acres with more than 400 animal species. The zoo grounds also contain a botanical park.
- Located in the old Southern Pacific Railroad Depot, the Historic Brownsville Museum is listed on the National Register of Historic Places and a Texas Historical Landmark. It documents the history of the area.
- The Historic Laureles Ranch House Museum is an authentic ranch house that has been fully restored and is available for events.
- For a quick beach getaway, head on over to Port Isabel and the resort area of South Padre Island.
- The Market Square Event Hall / Research Center houses a comprehensive collection of South Texas photographs as well as document archives.
- Do you like bird watching? Visit the Resaca de la Palma State Park — it has the largest stretch of native habitat in the World Birding Center network.
- The Stillman House Museum is one of the oldest homes still standing in Brownsville, with authentic windows, shutters and doors as well as a collection of antiques.
- For universities, check out Texas Southmost College and the University of Texas-Rio Grande.
GETAWAYS FROM BROWNSVILLE
With its beach location, you may wonder why you’d need to get away from Brownsville. But there are many great places to visit within driving distance of the city. Pick up your passport and head on south to visit Mexico’s coastlines, or drive up north to visit the beachside city Corpus Christi in Texas. If you head inland, you can hit San Antonio in about four hours. San Antonio has many things to do, including their famous Riverwalk and of course, The Alamo. Surrounding San Antonio is Texas Wine Country, with unique wines ready for tasting.
FIND APARTMENTS FOR RENT IN BROWNSVILLE, TX
Finding a new place to live is a stressful experience. Be sure to use an apartment finder like Apartment Guide to help you locate your next rental property. Whether you’re looking for a pet-friendly apartment or simply want an affordable place to live, we’ll help you find apartments for rent in Brownsville that match your needs.
LIST YOUR PROPERTY FOR RENT
Frequently Asked Questions About Brownsville
How much does it cost to rent in Brownsville, TX?
What is the average cost of rent for a one-bedroom in Brownsville?
Are there any cheap apartments for rent in Brownsville?
Are there any pet friendly apartments in Brownsville?
© 2021 RentPath Holdings, Inc. All rights reserved. All photos, videos, text and other content are the property of RentPath Holdings, Inc. APARTMENT GUIDE and the APARTMENT GUIDE Trade Dress are registered trademarks of RentPath Holdings, Inc or its affiliates.
Apple, the Apple logo, iPad, and iPhone are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.
Information is copyrighted and school data provided by GreatSchools.org. Information is deemed reliable but not guaranteed. Schools listed above are based on distance from the selected location and are just a sampling of the schools in the area. To find a particular school district, and how it relates to a specific apartment, please contact the apartment manager.
If you are using a screen reader, or are having difficulty reading this website, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.