Avesta Altura apartment homes are conveniently located in the Riverside area of Austin, TX. The community sits on a 4 acre hillside offering breathtaking views of downtown while located just minutes from interstate 35. Close to Lady Bird Lake, The Hub by Amazon, hike and bike trails, local restaurants, grocery stores, entertainment, Austin International Airport and the downtown district. A one of a kind community that offers remodeled homes, in which select apartments feature upgraded appliances, plank flooring, granite counters, ceramic tile, updated fixtures and much more. With fifteen buildings ranging from 2 to 3 stories, Avesta Altura is surrounded by lush landscaping, mature trees, stunning courtyards, and a spacious sun deck. A thoughtful amenity package includes fitness center, dog park, pool and business center.Stop by a tour today!
Lease terms are variable. Please inquire with property staff.<BR><BR>Pet Policy - Pets accepted. $250 non refundable pet fee will be charged per pet. Aggressive breeds will not be accepted. There is a maximum limit of 2 pets per apartment. Service animals accepted. Weight limits may apply, call for more details.
SEE PICTURES BELOW
I have never written a bad review, but I feel like I have a duty to warn people about this nightmare apartment complex. The first year we lived here our apartment was decent and we decided to resign....then Avesta Altura purchased the property. Here are the things we dealt with over the next year:
1. Our air conditioning regularly leaked. We had them repair it 3-4 times and were concerned about mold, but they told us that everything was fine. Then one day it leaked through our ceiling and bust through the paint. It took them 2 days to come look at it and during this time we could not use our air conditioning. Then they tore out the damaged dry wall and left it for 2 weeks. I was concerned that there was mold growing on the support beams and they continued to ignore my request, so I got a mold testing kit from Home Depot and swabbed the support beam. They then finally tested it and said "there was not enough moisture to indicate mold".
2. When Avesta first took over the complex they had to do extensive water pipe renovations and informed us that they needed to shut off the water Monday, Wednesday, Friday from 10:00am-3:00pm. My boyfriend works from home so this was especially problematic for him. We asked if there was anything they could do to compensate us for this and they said that it fell under "regular repairs" and that there was nothing they could do for us.
3. Our kitchen light had some electrical issues and would only work 50% of the time. It took them 4 months to fix this. It is quite difficult to cook in your kitchen in the dark.
4. Over the 2 years we were at this apartment the pool was closed for close to 3/4 of the time for "renovations"
5. laundry machines worked about 50% of the time.
6. the cockroaches are impossible to get rid of
Worst place I've ever lived. They never fixed anything, trash everywhere, and expensive for what you get. They promise lots of things but never deliver.
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE DO NOT LIVE HERE.
the grounds are always dirty with trash and beer bottles, the laundry facility never has working equipment, the water has been turned off without notice more times than I can count, after moving in last summer and being told the pool would be open by the end of the month it never has been, I don't feel safe here, I overpay for what I get
I have had so many problems here!! Cockroaches, leaking faucets, broken doors
Mostly my frustration comes from lack of information. I know there are upgrades Presidium is still in the process of making and that often construction projects take more time than originally predicted, but there should be more transparency. I would appreciate a weekly email newsletter with updates about the pool, the giant ditch at the front of the property, the status of the plumbing, etc. There is SO MUCH TRASH everywhere. And if the water goes out, I want an email. It's not that hard.