I truly enjoyed my time at Blackstone! The manager Melinda was very receptive, amazing location and perfect price range. I would recommend Blackstone and Views West Management.
Do not live in any apartment managed by Blackstone (now Views West). They manage multiple buildings in the area and they are poorly maintained. Your utilities bills will offset any savings from the cheap rent as AC/heat bills can be hundreds of dollars for a small apartment.
Love my apartment, office staff is rude, old and new. They like to speak in derogatory manners of residents where they can be overheard. (I've experienced this myself, as they were speaking of me). Parking even if you pay for a spot is an issue. Someone has been in my spot 3 times in a month. Of those 3, 2 were staff and I was told to tow them. I even had a staff member tell me parking was so bad she had to park on the street. And now I have to give up my spot for a crane working on the building next door, when my spot isn't on the side of that building. However, I am getting credited $10 for the inconvenience. I have continued problems with my AC, realizing this is an old building I try to be understanding. Maintenance staff is on it, the office staff leaves much to be desired. Roaches are a constant in the hallways, as is the smell of garbage. I do not have these issues inside my apartment. I've enjoyed meeting my neighbors who are much more pleasant. I've never had to fight for laundry, it seems to work out for being shared between two buildings. The only noise I ever hear inside my apartment is the elevator which is right next to my door, not to bad....
They were always changing office staff. Owner company was never interested in customer service. They implemented rules or "changes" and made the staff try to enforce them no matter how stupid they were.
I moved to the Fairmont in 2017 and my lease will be up in the next few months. I know that online reviews can be very hit or miss so I want to make sure I only stick to the facts and avoid exaggerating. This apartment is decent for the price considering how much housing in Nashville has risen in recent years. That being said there are things potential tenants should be aware of:
- There are roaches. I have not personally found one inside my apartment but they can be seen in the laundry room and occasionally in the hallways.
- Speaking of the laundry room, it is not in the Fairmont building it is in the Blackstone Apartments next door which means you have to leave your building, cross the parking lot and go into the other building to do your laundry. This also means that a single laundry room with 4 washing machines and six dryers is all that is available for two entire buildings
- The elevator has not worked for almost a year. So that means if you live on the fourth floor of the Fairmont and you want to wash your clothes you have to carry your laundry, detergent, fabric softener, etc down floor flights of stairs to wash and dry and then back up four flights of stairs when you are done. Same goes for groceries, desks, bookshelves. Suffice to say moving in was not easy.
- It is an old building which means that structurally somethings are just not as reliable. For example, my bathroom door does not close completely and eventually came off the hinge completely because the wood was rotted.
- There are not enough parking spaces in the lot provided to Fairmont residence. And if you park in the Blackstone parking lot they will tow your car. So that means you can end up parking up to 1 block away on a side street. Not fun when you have those arms full of groceries and you have a couple flights of stairs waiting for you. Overall, if my younger siblings were to move to Nashville and ask about this apartment I would tell them to steer clear
Urban style with historic elegance. Experience the beauty and elegance of Downtown Nashville at the Historic Blackstone, Fairmont, and Lee Apartment Homes, offering all you need and most importantly, all you want! Blackstone, Fairmont & Lee apartment homes are close to everything interesting in Nashville. Experience the beauty and elegance of Downtown Nashville at the Historic Blackstone, Fairmont & Lee Apartments. The stately buildings are conveniently located on Hayes Street between Vanderbilt University on West End and Saint Thomas MidTown on Church Street! Walking distance to these, as well as some of the finest dining, are shopping and music venues in the downtown area. Unique floor plans feature hardwood floors, 9 ft. ceilings and custom interior details. Check Availability Now using the form on the left - or, to schedule an in-person tour of Blackstone, Fairmont & Lee Apartment Homes, contact us today!
3-Month, 4-Month, 5-Month, 6-Month, 7-Month, 8-Month, 9-Month, 10-Month, 11-Month, 12-Month
12 month leases available. Pet Policy: Cats and dogs allowed. Max of 2 pets. $15 pet rent. Call regarding breed restrictions. $350 pet fee.
Open until 6:00pm
© 2020 RentPath, LLC. All rights reserved. All photos, videos, text and other content are the property of RentPath, LLC. APARTMENT GUIDE and the APARTMENT GUIDE Trade Dress are registered trademarks of RentPath, LLC or its affiliates.
Apple, the Apple logo, iPad, and iPhone are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.
Information is copyrighted and school data provided by GreatSchools.org. Information is deemed reliable but not guaranteed. Schools listed above are based on distance from the selected location and are just a sampling of the schools in the area. To find a particular school district, and how it relates to a specific apartment, please contact the apartment manager.