AT&T Fiber (SM) Internet
Sioux Falls Apartment Features
Apartments Near Sioux Falls
Living In Sioux Falls, SD
EVERYTHING TO KNOW ABOUT RENTING AN APARTMENT IN SIOUX FALLS, SD
Sioux Falls is the largest city in South Dakota. The 177,000 residents of the city refer to it as “The Heart of America” because of its friendly people and the diverse attractions. Because of this and the affordability of the area — it’s an ideal destination for tourists. Those very components also make it an attractive place to relocate. If you’re searching for apartments for rent in Sioux Falls, you’ll be pleasantly surprised with the quality, availability and affordability of your options.
THE BEST NEIGHBORHOODS TO FIND APARTMENTS FOR RENT IN SIOUX FALLS
When researching apartments in Sioux Falls, we took into account the cost of rent, safety of the neighborhood, walkability and bike scores and commute time.
Based on our findings, we’ve determined that the following neighborhoods are an ideal option for people looking for their new home or apartment to rent in Sioux Falls.
- All Saints: If you’re looking for a nice, quiet neighborhood, look at All Saints. Residents of this community are mostly middle-aged with no kids in the home. Augustana: This part of the city is great for students. Augustana University, located on Summit Avenue, was ranked as the Top Regional University by U.S. News & World Report. The curriculum attracts innovative students with entrepreneurial aspirations. If this describes you, then you should definitely check out the apartments for rent in Augustana. You’ll have plenty of beautiful, affordable options, most of which require no more than a 15-minute commute to school or work.
- Axtell Park: Speaking of short commutes, Axtell Park is so centrally located that most (if not all) commutes are less than 15 minutes. The walkability and bike scores for the area are both in the 40s. You’ll likely want access to a vehicle but you’ll still be able to get around reasonably well on foot. The schools in this area are highly rated and the Axtell Park high school program is designed to significantly reduce the number of high school dropouts.
- Diamond Valley: If you have children, the public schools in Diamond Valley are rated above average. In fact, multiple schools have received nine or 10 stars out of 10 from residents. However, this isn’t just a great neighborhood for families. The majority of people who live in the area are single or married couples without children.
- Downtown: The cost of living in Downtown Sioux Falls is between 6 percent and 11 percent lower than the national average. Yet, apartments are stylish and well maintained. Downtown has a plethora of restaurant options, as well as apartment options. You can find traditional apartments, townhouses and single-family homes.
- East Sioux Falls: If you’re an avid traveler, you might want to rent an apartment in East Sioux Falls, which is near the Sioux Falls Regional Airport (also known as Joe Foss Field). Also nearby is the 45-acre Great Plains Zoo and Delbridge Museum of Natural History.
- Oak View: Do you love libraries and find it easy to get lost in a good book? Consider the apartments near the Oak View Library. Check out the latest releases or take your kids to Family Story Time. It’s a great way to spend some of your quiet time during the colder months. Families in the area average between two to four people, so you’ll have good company for yourself and your kids.
- Pettigrew Heights: Residents of this area give it four out of five stars for affordability. Around 53 percent of residents have a commute of up to 30 minutes, while 43 percent have a commute of fewer than 15 minutes. If you have children, you’ll be happy to know that the schools are above average — residents give an A rating to the teachers in the area.
- North End West: The natural beauty of this neighborhood is sure to entice! Apartments in the area are near to the Japanese Gardens, Terrace Park, Covell Lake and the Veterans Memorial Park. Residents say the area is quite affordable, too!
- Whittier: Looking for a home with lots of charm? Check out the apartments in the Whittier neighborhood. You’ll find some modern apartment buildings, but most of your options will be older cottages (one-bedroom) and older two-story homes. If you have middle-grade children, you’ll have a number of quality schools in the area that are well known for their diversity. In fact, multiple middle schools rank #1 in the city or state for diversity.
FUN THINGS TO DO IN SIOUX FALLS
Once you’ve found an apartment for rent in Sioux Falls, it’s time to get to know the area. Following are just a few of the fun things to do and places to go in this small city. Some of the activities are for adults only, but others are ideal for every single member of your family.
- Sport Bowl: Bowling is a fun activity and Sport Bowl can be a fun outing for birthday parties, family reunions and even corporate events.
- Butterfly House & Aquarium: Just off of 49th Street is this lovely attraction for nature lovers of all ages. Besides the Butterfly House, you’ll also be entranced by the Discovery Den and Stingray Pool. During your visit, you’ll learn all about coral propagation, butterfly farms and how to save the Monarch butterfly.
- Casinos: You have your pick! There are so many casinos in Sioux Falls, including Jokerz Casino, Deuces Casino, Black Diamond Casino and Paradise Casino to name a few.
- Falls Park: Considered a must-see attraction in Sioux Falls, Falls Park is 128 acres of stunning natural beauty along the Big Sioux River. Within the park is 34-miles of trails where you can hike, bike, walk, jog or even rollerblade. The trails are maintained throughout the year, so you can stay active during the winter months.
- Empire Mall: Whether you’re shopping for necessities or love spending a Saturday afternoon window shopping, the Empire Mall is centrally located near many apartments for rent in Sioux Falls. Stores include Macy’s, JC Penny, Alex and Ani, American Eagle and Build-a-Bear. You’ll also find multiple restaurants, beauty brands, motels and spas.
GETAWAYS FROM SIOUX FALLS
Every once in a while, it’s nice to get out of town and see what the rest of the state has to offer. Within a few hours of Sioux Falls, you’ll find Minneapolis and St. Paul, Minnesota, as well as Lincoln, Nebraska.
If you’re a fan of “Little House on the Prairie” by Laura Ingles Wilder, you need to head to DeSmet, South Dakota, Wilder’s hometown. You’ll get to tour her family home and learn more about the pioneers of that age.
FIND APARTMENTS FOR RENT IN SIOUX FALLS, SD
Finding a new place to live is a stressful experience. Be sure to use an apartment finder like Apartment Guide to help you locate your next rental property. Whether you’re looking for a pet-friendly apartment or simply want an affordable place to live, we’ll help you find apartments for rent in Sioux Falls that match your needs.
LIST YOUR PROPERTY FOR RENT
Frequently Asked Questions About Sioux Falls
What is the average rent in Sioux Falls?
What is the average cost of rent for a one-bedroom in Sioux Falls?
Are there any cheap apartments for rent in Sioux Falls?
Are there any pet friendly apartments in Sioux Falls?
© 2023 Rent Group Inc. All rights reserved. All photos, videos, text and other content are the property of Rent Group Inc. APARTMENT GUIDE and the APARTMENT GUIDE Trade Dress are registered trademarks of Rent Group Inc. or its affiliates.
Apple, the Apple logo, iPad, and iPhone are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.
Information is copyrighted and school data provided by GreatSchools.org. Information is deemed reliable but not guaranteed. Schools listed above are based on distance from the selected location and are just a sampling of the schools in the area. To find a particular school district, and how it relates to a specific apartment, please contact the apartment manager.
If you are using a screen reader, or are having difficulty reading this website, please email email@example.com.