1. Home
  2. South Carolina
  3. Newport
  4. Apartments for rent in Newport, SC

188 Apartments Available
1 - 20 of 188 Apartments< Previous Page Next Page >

LOCAL GUIDE

See what Newport, SC has to offer
View Local Guide

All About

Living In Newport, SC

The small town of Newport, South Carolina is home to just over 4,000 people. At an average age of just under 40, the town's population is fairly typical compared to other municipalities in the state, which has an average age of 38. Home ownership is more common than renting in Newport, and 5% of residents rent. The average rent of $975/month is slightly above the state average.

Averaging about 31 minutes, the commute time for Newport residents is longer than the South Carolina average of about 24 minutes. Many residents (51%) commute to work by car, while public transportation is not used extensively. Walking isn't a common method of commuting to work.

Newport has a relatively large concentration of residents older than 25 who have earned a Bachelor's or Associate's degree (23%) compared to the national average (19%). In addition, 8% possess a Master's degree or Doctorate. Many Newport residents work in one of four industries: retail, manufacturing, education, and healthcare. Together, these industries account for 27% of the town's workforce. Meanwhile, in terms of job function, 11% of residents work in sales, which ranks as the top career path in the town. With an average annual income of just over $80,000, Newport workers bring in more than the average South Carolina resident. The town's average income also compares favorably to the national average of $73,345.


Frequently Asked Questions About Newport

Looking for a cheap Newport apartment?

For the best deal, we recommend using our cheap apartments filter.

How Many Bedrooms Do You Need?

Are you living by yourself, with your family, or do you have roommates? Choose the number of bedrooms that match your needs: Studio, 1 Bedroom, 2 Bedroom, 3 Bedroom.

How Can I Tour Virtually During Covid19 & Social Distancing?

You can virtually tour any apartment by using our Newport, SC Virtual Tours filter. All properties in this filter contain either a 3d tour or a video tour.

Do you need a pet-friendly Newport apartment?

If you have a dog or cat, you'll need to find an apartment in Newport that accepts pets. Apply Apartment Guide's pet friendly filter to see only Newport apartments that accept pets. Remember to read the apartment's specific guidelines for acceptable pet breeds and weights if applicable.
Artboard

© 2020 RentPath, LLC. All rights reserved. All photos, videos, text and other content are the property of RentPath, LLC. APARTMENT GUIDE and the APARTMENT GUIDE Trade Dress are registered trademarks of RentPath, LLC or its affiliates.

Apple, the Apple logo, iPad, and iPhone are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.

Information is copyrighted and school data provided by GreatSchools.org. Information is deemed reliable but not guaranteed. Schools listed above are based on distance from the selected location and are just a sampling of the schools in the area. To find a particular school district, and how it relates to a specific apartment, please contact the apartment manager.

Download the ApartmentGuide.com app for Android and iOS