10+ Units Available
4 Floor Plans
5 Floor Plans
2 Floor Plans
2 Units Available
1 Floor Plan
2 Floor Plans
2 Floor Plans
AT&T Fiber (SM) Internet
Charleston Apartment Features
- Apartments with Air Conditioning in Charleston
- Apartments with Balcony in Charleston
- Apartments with Disability Access in Charleston
- Apartments with Elevator in Charleston
- Apartments with Extra Storage in Charleston
- Apartments with Fiber Internet in Charleston
- Apartments with Fireplace in Charleston
- Apartments with Fitness Center in Charleston
- Apartments with Garage in Charleston
- Apartments with Gated Access in Charleston
- Apartments with Laundry Facility in Charleston
- Apartments with Specials & Deals in Charleston
- Apartments with Swimming Pool in Charleston
- Apartments with Utilities Included in Charleston
- Apartments with Virtual Tours in Charleston
- Apartments with Washer and Dryer Connections in Charleston
- Apartments with Washer and Dryer In Unit in Charleston
- Furnished Available Apartments in Charleston
- Charleston Apartment Deals
- Charleston Apartments under $700
- Charleston Apartments under $800
- Charleston Apartments under $900
- Charleston Apartments under $1000
- Charleston Apartments under $1100
- Charleston Apartments under $1200
- Charleston Apartments under $1300
- Charleston Apartments under $1400
- Charleston Apartments under $1500
- Charleston Apartments under $2000
- Apartments near Public Transportation in Charleston
- Cheap Apartments in Charleston
- Corporate Apartments in Charleston
- Income Restricted Apartments in Charleston
- Loft Layout Apartments in Charleston
- Luxury Apartments in Charleston
- New Construction Apartments in Charleston
- Pet Friendly Apartments in Charleston
- Short Term Apartments in Charleston
Apartments Near Charleston
For SaleCharleston, SC Homes for Sale
Living In Charleston, SC
EVERYTHING TO KNOW ABOUT RENTING AN APARTMENT IN CHARLESTON, SC
Located on a broad peninsula in South Carolina’s famed Lowcountry, Charleston is a charming colonial town noted for its rich history and southern hospitality. Its well-maintained historic landmarks and attractions only accentuate the plentiful modern conveniences, and the city supports active residents of all ages. In fact, Charleston is known as the southeastern United States’ premier “lifestyle destination” for young families and retirees alike. You’ll have no trouble finding rentals in this welcoming corner of South Carolina.
Even Charleston’s most active residents need a place to rest after a long day at the beach or out on the water. Fortunately, Apartment Guide can help you find downtown rentals in Charleston that feature modern amenities and won’t break your budget. From furnished two-bedroom spaces in modern waterfront communities to sprawling three-bedroom townhouses on the city’s leafy outskirts, Apartment Guide’s database has an up-to-date repository of attractive options.
If you’d prefer to search for a specific type of living space in downtown, simply use our intuitive search feature to find apartments for rent in Charleston with amenities like in-suite laundry, covered parking and must-have central air conditioning. With an impressive selection and an easy-as-pie interface, Apartment Guide is your source for hundreds of affordable Downtown Charleston apartments.
THE BEST NEIGHBORHOODS TO FIND APARTMENTS FOR RENT IN CHARLESTON
Whether you want a laid-back atmosphere by the Atlantic or a bustling downtown scene outside your door, Apartment Guide will help you find the best apartments in Charleston. Review our top neighborhoods in Charleston for options with everything from suburban appeal in North Charleston to historic Downtown elegance. For families relocating with kids, you’ll find that Charleston County School District serves over 50,000 students; many of the top-rated schools are in the Mount Pleasant and James Island communities. Some favorite Charleston neighborhoods include:
- Ashley Hall Manor: Located next to West Ashley, Ashley Hall Manor offers townhomes and apartments in Charleston.
- Avondale: A favorite spot for young professionals, Avondale offers its own unique blend of boutique shops and restaurants near downtown Charleston.
- The Boroughs: The Boroughs is a group of small “villages” in Charleston with their own unique flair, including Radcliffeborough, Mazyck-Wraggborough, Ansonborough and Cannonborough-Elliotborough.
- Downtown Charleston: Characterized by cobblestone streets, historic churches and stately southern mansions, Downtown Charleston offers a one-of-a-kind setting with proximity to fine dining and boutique shopping.
- East Side: The East Side includes the well-known Hampstead Village, one of Charleston’s historic neighborhoods that was first founded in 1769.
- Harleston Village: Harleston Village is another historic Charleston neighborhood with pedestrian-friendly tree-lined streets. Some of the homes are literally hundreds of years old, going back to the 1700s.
- Melrose: Melrose is west of West Ashley, just north of Highway 17. This is a renter-friendly residential neighborhood.
- Sangaree: This Charleston suburb has a rural feel and is a great place to chill and enjoy nature.
- South of Broad: This beautiful area of Charleston is known for its pastel-colored antebellum houses.
- West Ashley: West of the Ashley River, you’ll find West Ashley and beneath it James Island, established communities bordered by the Intracoastal Waterway. The architectural styles vary as much as the price points, which reflects the diversity of residents in this area.
Other areas to live near Charleston include:
- The Islands: Ocean lovers should seek out apartments in Isle of Palms, Folly Beach and Sullivan’s Island. Your neighbors will be a mix of retirees and active residents involved in beach activities, and your traffic will be significantly higher during the summer months.
- East Cooper/Mount Pleasant: Named for its location east of the Cooper River, this area is convenient to both downtown and the beach. Great schools and a strong sense of community make this an ideal place for families.
- North Charleston: The affordability of North Charleston attracts both families and businesses who appreciate proximity to Downtown and beaches without paying the price tag to live there.
FUN THINGS TO DO IN CHARLESTONCharleston has a lot of great things to do, especially when you want to take a break from searching for apartments in Charleston. Here are some ideas for entertainment and fun:
- Charleston has one of the country’s highest concentrations of preserved Colonial-style buildings, and you must see favorites such as the Calhoun Mansion, the Old Slave Mart Museum and picturesque Rainbow Row. To complement these historic structures, Charleston boasts an extensive network of public squares and pocket parks.
- Thanks to the presence of a 300-year-old French Protestant church and one of the largest Roman Catholic cathedrals in North America, the city is also a mecca for folks who take an interest in religious history.
- The Dock Street Theater, built in 1736, was the first theater in the United States. Located on the corner of Church Street and Queen Street, the theater still provides excellent entertainment to Charleston residents and visitors.
- Take a scenic walk along the waterfront at The Battery to see historic antebellum mansions, numerous monuments and views of Fort Sumter. Follow the water toward East Bay Street, and you’ll run into the famous Rainbow Row, 13 historic, vividly painted Charleston homes.
- Hop on a ferryboat and ride from Patriots Point to Fort Sumter where your kids can view the cannons and battle-scarred walls at the site where the Civil War started.
- Do you like golf? Charleston has a number of beautiful golf courses, including the City of Charleston Municipal Golf Course that offers a great game at affordable prices.
- Charleston makes the most of the water that surrounds it on three sides. The city is ringed with marinas and launch ramps for sailing enthusiasts and motor-boaters. Adventure sports enthusiasts love the town’s easy access to the open waters of the Atlantic and regularly head out to sea to deep-sea fish, parasail and water ski.
- On the other side of town, wildlife-rich protected areas like Bear Island Game Management Area offer endless opportunities for hikers and bird watchers.
- Charleston is the home of the famous military college The Citadel, which is available for group tours.
- Charleston has long been a hot spot for the pickiest foodie with its extensive list of top seafood and fine dining restaurants including McCrady’s, where George Washington dined, nationally renowned Hall’s Chophouse and the critically acclaimed Husk Restaurant.
GETAWAYS FROM CHARLESTON
Although there is plenty to keep you entertained in Charleston, the distance to destinations outside the city is short and worthwhile. For a quiet beach experience, Edisto Island is an hour away, or, for a more touristy scene, make the two-hour drive north to Myrtle Beach, which is also next to the Waccamaw National Wildlife Refuge. If you like wildlife, a little closer to home is the Francis Marion National Forest where you’ll find the endangered red-cockaded woodpecker.
FIND APARTMENTS FOR RENT IN CHARLESTON, SC
Finding a new place to live is a stressful experience. Be sure to use an apartment finder like Apartment Guide to help you locate your next rental property. Whether you’re looking for a pet-friendly apartment or simply want an affordable place to live, we’ll help you find apartments for rent in Charleston that match your needs.
LIST YOUR PROPERTY FOR RENT
Frequently Asked Questions About Charleston
What is the average rent in Charleston?
What is the average cost of rent for a one-bedroom in Charleston?
Are there any cheap apartments for rent in Charleston?
Are there any pet friendly apartments in Charleston?
© 2021 RentPath Holdings, Inc. All rights reserved. All photos, videos, text and other content are the property of RentPath Holdings, Inc. APARTMENT GUIDE and the APARTMENT GUIDE Trade Dress are registered trademarks of RentPath Holdings, Inc or its affiliates.
Apple, the Apple logo, iPad, and iPhone are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.
Information is copyrighted and school data provided by GreatSchools.org. Information is deemed reliable but not guaranteed. Schools listed above are based on distance from the selected location and are just a sampling of the schools in the area. To find a particular school district, and how it relates to a specific apartment, please contact the apartment manager.
If you are using a screen reader, or are having difficulty reading this website, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.