1. Home
  2. Pennsylvania
  3. Windber
  4. Apartments for rent in Windber, PA

49 Apartments Available
1 - 20 of 49 Apartments< Previous Page Next Page >

Expand Your Search

LOCAL GUIDE

See what Windber, PA has to offer
View Local Guide

All About

Living In Windber, PA

Windber, a small town in Pennsylvania, has a population of slightly less than 4,000. Retirees will feel welcome, as they make up 22% of the population compared to 14% nationally, while young adults are less well-represented. Home ownership is more common than renting in Windber, and 36% of residents rent. Renting remains an affordable option, though, as the town boasts a relatively low average rent of $613 per month. Over the course of a year, renters in Windber will save around $3,700 compared to the state average.

Windber has a large concentration of residents over the age of 25 who have earned an Associate's degree (11%) compared to the national average (5%). Furthermore, 14% possess a Bachelor's, Master's, Professional, or Doctoral degree. There are three primary industries in Windber: healthcare, manufacturing, and retail. Together, these industries make up 19% of the town's labor force. Meanwhile, in terms of job function, many residents work in sales, as 7% of the town's population reports this as their field of work, the highest number of any field. With an average annual income of around $47K, Windber workers bring in less than their peers elsewhere in the state. Windber's average income also falls below the national average ($73,345).

With an average commute time of about 21 minutes, outperforming most cities in the state, Windber residents find that it isn't overly time-consuming to get to work. Driving is the most common mode of getting to work, chosen by 40% of commuters, while public transportation is not used. Relatively few residents (4%) commute to work on foot, though the number surpasses the national average.


Frequently Asked Questions About Windber

Looking for a cheap Windber apartment?

For the best deal, we recommend using our cheap apartments filter.

How Many Bedrooms Do You Need?

Are you living by yourself, with your family, or do you have roommates? Choose the number of bedrooms that match your needs: Studio, 1 Bedroom, 2 Bedroom, 3 Bedroom.

Do you need a pet-friendly Windber apartment?

If you have a dog or cat, you'll need to find an apartment in Windber that accepts pets. Apply Apartment Guide's pet friendly filter to see only Windber apartments that accept pets. Remember to read the apartment's specific guidelines for acceptable pet breeds and weights if applicable.

© 2020 RentPath, LLC. All rights reserved. All photos, videos, text and other content are the property of RentPath, LLC. APARTMENT GUIDE and the APARTMENT GUIDE Trade Dress are registered trademarks of RentPath, LLC or its affiliates.

Apple, the Apple logo, iPad, and iPhone are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.

Information is copyrighted and school data provided by GreatSchools.org. Information is deemed reliable but not guaranteed. Schools listed above are based on distance from the selected location and are just a sampling of the schools in the area. To find a particular school district, and how it relates to a specific apartment, please contact the apartment manager.

Download the ApartmentGuide.com app for Android and iOS