AT&T Fiber (SM) Internet
Swissvale Apartment Features
- Apartments with Air Conditioning in Swissvale
- Apartments with Balcony in Swissvale
- Apartments with Extra Storage in Swissvale
- Apartments with Laundry Facility in Swissvale
- Apartments with Utilities Included in Swissvale
- Apartments with Washer and Dryer In Unit in Swissvale
- Apartments with under $1000 in Swissvale
- Apartments with under $1100 in Swissvale
- Apartments with under $1200 in Swissvale
- Apartments with under $1300 in Swissvale
- Apartments with under $1400 in Swissvale
- Apartments with under $1500 in Swissvale
- Apartments with under $2000 in Swissvale
- Apartments with under $800 in Swissvale
- Apartments with under $900 in Swissvale
Apartments Near Swissvale
- University of Pittsburgh, PA
- Carlow College, PA
- Carnegie Mellon University, PA
- Chatham University, PA
- Pittsburgh Theological Seminary, PA
- Reformed Presbyterian Theological Seminary, PA
- UPMC Shadyside School of Nursing, PA
- Pittsburgh Institute of Mortuary Science Inc, PA
- UPMC St. Margaret School of Nursing, PA
For SalePittsburgh, PA Homes for Sale
Living In Swissvale, PA
The small town of Swissvale, Pennsylvania is home to slightly less than 9,000 people. Young professionals will fit right in, as they make up an above-average percentage of the community. Residents are fairly evenly split between renting (52%) and owning (48%) their home. With a relatively affordable average rent of $787/month in the town, renting remains an affordable option, particularly compared to other cities in Pennsylvania. Over the course of 12 months, renters in Swissvale will save around $1,600 compared to the state average.
With an average commute time of about 32 minutes, slower than most cities in the state, Swissvale residents are well aware that getting to work takes some patience. Driving a car or truck is the most common means of commuting to work, opted for by 33% of residents, while public transit is used by just 13% of the population. Walking (2%) isn't a common means of commuting to work, though the number does exceed the national average.
There are three primary industries in Swissvale: healthcare, retail, and education. Together, these industries make up 26% of the town's labor force. Meanwhile, in terms of job function, many residents work in sales, as 11% of the town's population reports this as their field of work, the highest number of any career path. With an average annual income of almost $54K, Swissvale workers bring in less than the average Pennsylvania resident. Swissvale's average income also falls below the national average of $73,345. Compared to the national average (7%), Swissvale has a large percentage of residents over the age of 25 who have advanced degrees, as 12% have earned a Master's or a Doctoral degree. In addition, 17% have a Bachelor's degree, which also outpaces the national average.
Looking for more?Swissvale, PA Apartments for Rent
LIST YOUR PROPERTY FOR RENT
Frequently Asked Questions About Swissvale
How much does it cost to rent in Swissvale, PA?
What is the average cost of rent for a one-bedroom in Swissvale?
Are there any cheap apartments for rent in Swissvale?
Are there any pet friendly apartments in Swissvale?
© 2022 RentPath Holdings, Inc. All rights reserved. All photos, videos, text and other content are the property of RentPath Holdings, Inc. APARTMENT GUIDE and the APARTMENT GUIDE Trade Dress are registered trademarks of RentPath Holdings, Inc or its affiliates.
Apple, the Apple logo, iPad, and iPhone are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.
Information is copyrighted and school data provided by GreatSchools.org. Information is deemed reliable but not guaranteed. Schools listed above are based on distance from the selected location and are just a sampling of the schools in the area. To find a particular school district, and how it relates to a specific apartment, please contact the apartment manager.
If you are using a screen reader, or are having difficulty reading this website, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.