Apartment Guide
Sign In

Apartments for rent in Punxsutawney, PA

49 Apartments Available
1 - 20 of 49 Apartments< Previous Page Next Page >
  1. Home
  2. Pennsylvania
  3. Punxsutawney

LOCAL GUIDE

See what Punxsutawney, PA has to offer
View Local Guide

All About

Living In Punxsutawney, PA

Punxsutawney is a small town in Pennsylvania with just under 6,000 residents. Retirees make up a greater percentage of the population (22%) here than nationally (14%). Most residents own their homes in Punxsutawney, and 45% of residents rent. Renting remains an affordable option, though, as the town boasts a relatively low average rent of $636/month. Over the course of a year, renters in Punxsutawney will save around $3,400 compared to the state average.

Averaging about 21 minutes, the commute time for Punxsutawney residents is quicker than the Pennsylvania average of about 28 minutes. Many residents (35%) commute to work by car or truck, while public transit isn't widely used. Walking (3%) isn't a common way to get to work, though the number exceeds the national average.

Compared to the national average (5%), Punxsutawney has a relatively high percentage of residents older than 25 who have earned an Associate's degree (7%). Further, 13% have a Bachelor's, Master's, Professional, or Doctoral degree. There are three primary industries in Punxsutawney: healthcare, retail, and manufacturing. Together, these industries make up 20% of the town's labor force. Meanwhile, looking at job function, many workers in these industries are in transportation, as 7% of the town's population reports this as their field of work, the highest number of any profession. With an average annual income of nearly $41,000, Punxsutawney workers bring in around $22,000 less than their peers elsewhere in Pennsylvania. Punxsutawney's average income also trails the national average ($73,345).


Frequently Asked Questions About Punxsutawney

Looking for a cheap Punxsutawney apartment?

For the best deal, we recommend using our cheap apartments filter.

How Many Bedrooms Do You Need?

Are you living by yourself, with your family, or do you have roommates? Choose the number of bedrooms that match your needs: Studio, 1 Bedroom, 2 Bedroom, 3 Bedroom.

How Can I Tour Virtually During Covid19 & Social Distancing?

You can virtually tour any apartment by using our Punxsutawney, PA Virtual Tours filter. All properties in this filter contain either a 3d tour or a video tour.

Do you need a pet-friendly Punxsutawney apartment?

If you have a dog or cat, you'll need to find an apartment in Punxsutawney that accepts pets. Apply Apartment Guide's pet friendly filter to see only Punxsutawney apartments that accept pets. Remember to read the apartment's specific guidelines for acceptable pet breeds and weights if applicable.
Artboard

© 2020 RentPath, LLC. All rights reserved. All photos, videos, text and other content are the property of RentPath, LLC. APARTMENT GUIDE and the APARTMENT GUIDE Trade Dress are registered trademarks of RentPath, LLC or its affiliates.

Apple, the Apple logo, iPad, and iPhone are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.

Information is copyrighted and school data provided by GreatSchools.org. Information is deemed reliable but not guaranteed. Schools listed above are based on distance from the selected location and are just a sampling of the schools in the area. To find a particular school district, and how it relates to a specific apartment, please contact the apartment manager.

Download the ApartmentGuide.com app for Android and iOS