I've been here almost 2 years now - a brand new remodel and the guys did a pretty good job. It's not perfect...but for the price point it's hard to be critical.
- It's relatively quiet.
They are all 1 bedrooms, so you won't find a huge family with monster kids terrorizing the community. Minimum age requirement of 23+ (=no frat parties next door) and minimum credit score of 625 (I think). Most residents are quiet, working adults; retired; or younger couples.
Convenient for anyone that works from Monroeville to the East End of the city to Greensburg. There will always be traffic, but there is a lot of alternate paths available as a workaround to hopping on the congested highway (TUNNELS!).
Similar properties at this price point are usually outdated and underkept. Outside of the occassional stink bug - I haven't seen any roaches, rats etc.
- Private entrances!
No long hallways past a dozen apartments!
The Bad (ish):
- The parking lot is in terrible shape. It's free and plentiful - just avoid the major potholes everywhere. Plus, the plow trucks could be a little more attentive during the winter months.
-It's a wood structure. That means that yes, the floors creak and squeak. 1st floor apt will prob hear every footstep above them. I chose a 2nd floor unit because of that.
- the remodels weren't done by a master craftsman lol. A light fixture and window blind fell off the wall within my first 2 days of moving in. Easy fix, but maybe not for those less handy.
- No pets allowed = no cat urine stank/yapping mutts. But also = no best friend.
- My car was invaded one night. I left it unlocked. Luckily, nothing valuable was in there. Geh.
- The Laundry amenities are convenient - I just wish I didn't have to drive to the building with the laundry facilities. (Side note - laundry facilities all function A+).
In summation, I'd recommend it. Just lock your doors. Good luck apartment hunters!
Very nice place and very nice people
Looking for a 2 Bedroom Apt
Well I am looking to relocate to Pittsburgh Pa and my daughter in-law went to visitOak Manor on my behalf and they let her do a live stream of the apartment so I could see for myself if this would be the place for me. It's a nice one bedroom apartment with a lot of closet space and kitchen, living rm is specious. The young lady that showed us the apartment was very nice and provide all information on how to move forward in renting. The complex looks very nice and safe atmosphere.