If you are looking for some place quiet and to "lay low", this is your place! Neighbors keep to themselves and it is generally quiet.
In winter they do not clear snow, so you need to have good tires to be able to get out, but other than that, it's all good. I've been living here 3 years.
Great place to live. Maintenance is very good and always there quickly when I need them.
I love my place at Oak Manor! The girls in the office were very helpful in getting me in quickly. You can't beat the price. My place is totally updated with a new kitchen, carpet, bathroom. I plan to stay here for years.
I've been here almost 2 years now - a brand new remodel and the guys did a pretty good job. It's not perfect...but for the price point it's hard to be critical.
- It's relatively quiet.
They are all 1 bedrooms, so you won't find a huge family with monster kids terrorizing the community. Minimum age requirement of 23+ (=no frat parties next door) and minimum credit score of 625 (I think). Most residents are quiet, working adults; retired; or younger couples.
Convenient for anyone that works from Monroeville to the East End of the city to Greensburg. There will always be traffic, but there is a lot of alternate paths available as a workaround to hopping on the congested highway (TUNNELS!).
Similar properties at this price point are usually outdated and underkept. Outside of the occassional stink bug - I haven't seen any roaches, rats etc.
- Private entrances!
No long hallways past a dozen apartments!
The Bad (ish):
- The parking lot is in terrible shape. It's free and plentiful - just avoid the major potholes everywhere. Plus, the plow trucks could be a little more attentive during the winter months.
-It's a wood structure. That means that yes, the floors creak and squeak. 1st floor apt will prob hear every footstep above them. I chose a 2nd floor unit because of that.
- the remodels weren't done by a master craftsman lol. A light fixture and window blind fell off the wall within my first 2 days of moving in. Easy fix, but maybe not for those less handy.
- No pets allowed = no cat urine stank/yapping mutts. But also = no best friend.
- My car was invaded one night. I left it unlocked. Luckily, nothing valuable was in there. Geh.
- The Laundry amenities are convenient - I just wish I didn't have to drive to the building with the laundry facilities. (Side note - laundry facilities all function A+).
In summation, I'd recommend it. Just lock your doors. Good luck apartment hunters!
Very nice place and very nice people