Apartment Guide

Apartments for rent in New Kensington, PA

159 Apartments Available
1 - 37 of 159 Apartments< Previous Page Next Page >
  1. Home
  2. Pennsylvania
  3. New Kensington

LOCAL GUIDE

See what New Kensington, PA has to offer
View Local Guide

All About

Living In New Kensington, PA

New Kensington, Pennsylvania is a small city with just under 13,000 residents. It's a nice place to settle down, as retirees make up a greater percentage of the population (22%) here than they do nationally (14%), while young adults are less well-represented. Overall, the city's population, with an average age of just over 44, is older than most cities in Pennsylvania. Most New Kensington residents own their homes, and 42% of residents rent. Renting remains an affordable option, though, as the city boasts a relatively low average rent of $625 per month. Over the course of a year, renters in New Kensington will save around $3,500 compared to the state average.

Compared to the national average (5%), New Kensington has a relatively high number of residents older than 25 who have an Associate's degree (7%). Furthermore, 17% possess a Bachelor's, Master's, Professional, or Doctoral degree. Many New Kensington residents work in one of three industries: healthcare, retail, and manufacturing. Combined, these industries make up 24% of the city's labor force. Meanwhile, in terms of job function, many of the city's residents work in sales, as 7% of the city's population reports this as their field of work, the highest number of any field. New Kensington workers earn an average annual income of around $54K, about $10,000 less than the average Pennsylvania resident. The city's average income also trails the national average of $73,345.

New Kensington residents have an average commute of about 26 minutes. Many residents (40%) commute to work by car or truck, while public transportation isn't used widely. Not many workers (3%) commute on foot, though the number surpasses the national average.


Frequently Asked Questions About New Kensington

Looking for a cheap New Kensington apartment?

For the best deal, we recommend using our cheap apartments filter.

How Many Bedrooms Do You Need?

Are you living by yourself, with your family, or do you have roommates? Choose the number of bedrooms that match your needs: Studio, 1 Bedroom, 2 Bedroom, 3 Bedroom.

How Can I Tour Virtually During Covid19 & Social Distancing?

You can virtually tour any apartment by using our New Kensington, PA Virtual Tours filter. All properties in this filter contain either a 3d tour or a video tour.

Do you need a pet-friendly New Kensington apartment?

If you have a dog or cat, you'll need to find an apartment in New Kensington that accepts pets. Apply Apartment Guide's pet friendly filter to see only New Kensington apartments that accept pets. Remember to read the apartment's specific guidelines for acceptable pet breeds and weights if applicable.
Artboard

© 2020 RentPath, LLC. All rights reserved. All photos, videos, text and other content are the property of RentPath, LLC. APARTMENT GUIDE and the APARTMENT GUIDE Trade Dress are registered trademarks of RentPath, LLC or its affiliates.

Apple, the Apple logo, iPad, and iPhone are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.

Information is copyrighted and school data provided by GreatSchools.org. Information is deemed reliable but not guaranteed. Schools listed above are based on distance from the selected location and are just a sampling of the schools in the area. To find a particular school district, and how it relates to a specific apartment, please contact the apartment manager.

Download the ApartmentGuide.com app for Android and iOS