AT&T Fiber (SM) Internet
Salem Apartment Features
Apartments Near Salem
Living In Salem, OR
EVERYTHING TO KNOW ABOUT RENTING AN APARTMENT IN SALEM, OR
Salem is located in the beautiful Willamette Valley and is the capital of Oregon. Many health professionals live in Salem, as it is home to Salem Health Hospital as well as Oregon’s State Hospital.
THE BEST NEIGHBORHOODS TO FIND APARTMENTS FOR RENT IN SALEM
Salem neighborhoods are divided by associations with active members that work to make the community a nice place to live.
- West Salem: Located in the northwest part of Salem, West Salem is separated from the rest of the city by the Willamette River, which serves as West Salem's southeast border.
- South Salem: Just south of Downtown Salem, South Salem has easy access to Minto-Brown Island Park and is right next to several golf courses.
- Northeast Salem: In Northeast Salem, you’ll have access to shopping and restaurants just around the corner! You’ll also be just blocks away from Greer Community Park.
- Southeast Salem: Southeast Salem is a beautiful historic part of Salem and is designated as Salem’s 2nd Heritage Neighborhood. It is part of SESNA — the Southeast Salem Neighborhood Association.
- Northgate: Northgate is located in the far north part of the city and is very industrial with easy access to I-5 and plenty of greenspace nearby.
- South Gateway: This part of Salem is quiet and serene. Living in South Gateway also makes you a part of South Gateway Neighborhood Association (SGNA).
- Sunnyslope: This part of Salem is primarily residential and is located in the far southwest corner of the city. Sunnyslope is home to Sprague Highschool and Sunnyslope Neighborhood Association, one of the oldest associations in Salem.
- South Central: Located just south of downtown, South Central Salem puts you close to parks, restaurants, shopping and much more!
- Faye Wright: The Fay Wright Neighborhood Association has been working together to make the community a great place to live and work since 1972.
- Morningside: Morningside is a residential and industrial neighborhood located near Salem Municipal Airport and is right off of I-5.
FUN THINGS TO DO IN SALEM
Salem is situated in Oregon’s well established Wine Country with countless wineries nearby for wine tasting and tours. Oregon is also known for its craft beer and cocktails so you can’t go wrong when choosing a restaurant or bar.
- Enchanted Forest has been a childhood favorite since it opened in 1971. This amusement park is just south of Salem and is fun for the whole family.
- Located right downtown, Willamette University has a beautiful campus to walk through and is near plenty of shops and cafes.
- Although it’s about an hour away, Oregon Zoo is well known for its large acreage and variety of animals.
- Minto-Brown Island Park is a must-see in Salem. The park includes a playground, a reservable shelter, walking, jogging and bike trails, picnic areas, a dog park, several fishing spots and a paddle boat area.
- The domed Oregon State Capitol is set in a park-like area and contains a collection of art by Oregon artists.
- Full of works by Pacific Northwest and Native American art, The Hallie Ford Museum should not be missed.
- The Willamette Heritage Center includes a Victorian wool mill, plus 19th-century homes with period furnishings.
- Walk along Liberty Street in Salem’s Historic Downtown area. Make sure to check out their Riverfront Carousel while you’re there!
GETAWAYS FROM SALEM
One of the best parts about living in Oregon is that nothing is more than a few hours away. Salem is centrally located and has easy access to just about everything. Portland is less than an hour’s drive and is a great hub for business, sports, theater, shopping, and travel. The Oregon Coast is less than 2 hours away and has hundreds of miles of beautiful coastline and adorable beach towns with great seafood — it’s also home to the Oregon Coast Aquarium. Bend, located in Oregon’s high desert, is over the mount to the east and is known for its outdoor activities year round.
FIND APARTMENTS FOR RENT IN SALEM, OR
Finding a new place to live is a stressful experience. Be sure to use an apartment finder like Apartment Guide to help you locate your next rental property. Whether you’re looking for a pet-friendly apartment or simply want an affordable place to live, we’ll help you find apartments for rent in Salem that match your needs.
LIST YOUR PROPERTY FOR RENT
Frequently Asked Questions About Salem
What is the average rent in Salem?
What is the average cost of rent for a one-bedroom in Salem?
Are there any cheap apartments for rent in Salem?
Are there any pet friendly apartments in Salem?
© 2023 Rent Group Inc. All rights reserved. All photos, videos, text and other content are the property of Rent Group Inc. APARTMENT GUIDE and the APARTMENT GUIDE Trade Dress are registered trademarks of Rent Group Inc. or its affiliates.
Apple, the Apple logo, iPad, and iPhone are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.
Information is copyrighted and school data provided by GreatSchools.org. Information is deemed reliable but not guaranteed. Schools listed above are based on distance from the selected location and are just a sampling of the schools in the area. To find a particular school district, and how it relates to a specific apartment, please contact the apartment manager.
If you are using a screen reader, or are having difficulty reading this website, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.