My partner and I have enjoyed living here for the past nine months. Its relatively quiet and we didnt have a problem getting in touch with maintenance or office. Like myself, the place looks better in its online photos, so make sure you tour and look inside an apartment before leasing. The buildings are on the older side, but our apartment had new paint, flooring, and appliances. Our utility bills were pretty standard compared to other apartments we have lived in. Nice trees also.
I had a hard time with this place from the beginning to the end. I lived there for 1 year. Location was great, but not worth all the grief!!
1. They tried to bait and switch me on my move in day. They promised me a brand new apartment and tried to give me one that was old and gross.
2. Once I finally got the new apartment, it was not well done. There was mold in the bathroom that they tried to cover up with paint, nails all over the carpet, fixture coming out from the wall, and there was missing lightbulbs in the bathroom that they then charged me for when I left the apartment. The mold only worsened throughout the year despite taking all the proper precautions.
3. Utility bills are EXPENSIVE! It was over $100 for water/sewer/garbage every month and we only had 2 people in our apartment. Winter electricity was around $150 because the sliding glass doors aren't sealed well and do not have storm doors.
4. We had several issues with the plumbing and our shower became clogged every month despite keeping the drain clear.
5. They tried to con me out of my final deposit by saying that my final check "didn't clear" despite having enough money in my account and having used the same checks for the entire year. No one gave me clear answers as to why this happened and they charged me a $150 late fee because of it. It took 2 weeks to resolve something that could have taken a day because the manager refused to talk to me while I was in the office. They also charged me $160 cleaning fee for not cleaning the inside of my oven and mold in the bathroom (that I could not clean after hours of trying) and a $85 carpet cleaning fee.
The bedrooms were very small, the place smelled like chemicals, including their leasing office. Carpet was old and smelled bad. The fact they're requiring a month and a half of rent to get out of your lease if you need to is reason enough to stay away. Overpriced even though it's in a good area!
Nice place, property kept up on.
Why is the pool closed for most of the year? We pay the same rent all year.
Also they never even got any furniture for the main pool all summer.
Located near the heart of downtown, Wimbledon Square and Gardens offers a location with easy access to all that Portland has to offer! Spend a day meandering through antique stores or dine at one of many fine restaurants. Enjoy a day at Mount Hood and all the breathtaking views. Wimbledon Square and Gardens features thirteen distinct one and two bedroom floor plans. Some floor plans include soaring cathedral ceilings, private patio or balcony, and cozy wood burning fireplace. Our main goal at Wimbledon Square and Gardens is your comfort! Our community features a fitness center, 3 pools and an indoor spa, and a clubhouse with billiards. Enjoy a game of basketball, volleyball, or tennis. All this and more awaits you at Wimbledon Square and Gardens!
Lease terms are variable. Please inquire with property staff.
© 2019 RentPath, LLC. All rights reserved. All photos, videos, text and other content are the property of RentPath, LLC. APARTMENT GUIDE and the APARTMENT GUIDE Trade Dress are registered trademarks of RentPath, LLC or its affiliates.
Apple, the Apple logo, iPad, and iPhone are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.
Information is copyrighted and school data provided by GreatSchools.org. Information is deemed reliable but not guaranteed. Schools listed above are based on distance from the selected location and are just a sampling of the schools in the area. To find a particular school district, and how it relates to a specific apartment, please contact the apartment manager.