AT&T Fiber (SM) Internet
Portland Apartment Features
- Apartments with Air Conditioning in Portland
- Apartments with Balcony in Portland
- Apartments with Disability Access in Portland
- Apartments with Elevator in Portland
- Apartments with Extra Storage in Portland
- Apartments with Fiber Internet in Portland
- Apartments with Fireplace in Portland
- Apartments with Fitness Center in Portland
- Apartments with Garage in Portland
- Apartments with Gated Access in Portland
- Apartments with Laundry Facility in Portland
- Apartments with Specials & Deals in Portland
- Apartments with Swimming Pool in Portland
- Apartments with Utilities Included in Portland
- Apartments with Virtual Tours in Portland
- Apartments with Washer and Dryer Connections in Portland
- Apartments with Washer and Dryer In Unit in Portland
- Furnished Available Apartments in Portland
- Portland Apartment Deals
- Portland Apartments under $800
- Portland Apartments under $900
- Portland Apartments under $1000
- Portland Apartments under $1100
- Portland Apartments under $1200
- Portland Apartments under $1300
- Portland Apartments under $1400
- Portland Apartments under $1500
- Portland Apartments under $2000
- Apartments near Public Transportation in Portland
- Cheap Apartments in Portland
- Corporate Apartments in Portland
- Income Restricted Apartments in Portland
- Loft Layout Apartments in Portland
- Luxury Apartments in Portland
- New Construction Apartments in Portland
- Pet Friendly Apartments in Portland
- Senior Living Apartments in Portland
- Short Term Apartments in Portland
Apartments Near Portland
- Concordia University, OR
- Portland State University, OR
- Oregon Health and Science University, OR
- Reed College, OR
- University of Portland, OR
- Portland Community College, OR
- National College of Natural Medicine, OR
- Lewis and Clark College, OR
- Warner Pacific College, OR
- Art Institute of Portland, OR
- Sumner College, OR
- University of Western States, OR
For SalePortland, OR Homes for Sale
Living In Portland, OR
Getting to Know Portland, OR
Portland, Oregon is one of the jewels of the Pacific Northwest. Located on the Willamette River, near its junction with the Columbia, the city represents forward-thinking progressivism at its finest. Long known for its environmentally friendly stance, the city is home to a number of intricate parks and gardens. Most apartments in Portland are in the downtown area, giving residents ample opportunity to explore everything the city has to offer.
The Best Neighborhoods in Portland
An easy-going, kind of cool vibe runs through the city of Portland, with many fun and eclectic neighborhoods to match. Wherever you live, you won't be far from the local art and food scenes. You'll also have plenty of walkable spots to meander through when you're ready to explore.
- North Portland: With cute cafes, restaurants, and an easy commute downtown, via the Max Yellow Line, North Portland is the place to be. Vibrant and funky, you'll find a variety of neighborhoods here with plenty of local art, eateries and pubs. This neighborhood also borders Portland International Airport.
- Northeast Portland: Known for the Alberta Arts District, Northeast Portland is diverse and hip. Pop into any of the quirky shops, galleries or go to the Last Thursdays street fair. Check out live music, low-key bars and more in this fun part of town.
- East Portland: An extremely varied part of town, East Portland offers localized areas that are unique and attractive to a wide range of people. Throughout, you'll find a lot of newer housing surrounded by large fir trees.
- Nob Hill: As a mix of old and new developments, Nob Hill has a unique look. There are many places you can find a great deal when it comes to housing. It's rather eclectic, with a collection of all sorts of boutiques and restaurants to cater to anyone's tastes.
- Downtown: This walkable part of town buzzes with activity. Visit indie boutiques and take advantage of the extensive variety of food. When the weekend comes, listen to live music as you peruse the stalls of local craftspeople at the Portland Saturday Market.
- Hawthorne District: With a bohemian vibe and an eclectic mix of shops and boutiques, the Hawthorne District is a good place to live a laid-back lifestyle. Grab a bite at a low-key diner or taco joint before exploring Mt. Tabor Park, an extinct volcano. At night, things are lively with plenty of clubs and bars.
- South Waterfront: A great neighborhood for students, South Waterfront is home to Oregon Health & Sciences University. Take in the amazing views along the water at the South Waterfront Greenway and see the Tilikum Crossing Bridge light up each night.
- Pearl: This used to be an industrial district, but Pearl has become the young, up-and-coming place to go. Like many neighborhoods of that type, you'll find constant events and festivals, great restaurants and breweries. It's a highly walkable and bikeable spot for fun.
- Buckman: A foodie's paradise, living in Buckman almost means never having to eat at the same place twice. This bikeable area is a fun, urban neighborhood to explore. It contains more microbreweries per capita than another other city in the world and offers a short commute into downtown. Belmont Street runs through the center of the neighborhood and offers a variety of bars, restaurants and coffee houses.
- Goose Hollow: Earning its name from the early residents who would let their geese run free, Goose Hollow today is a mix of historic buildings and modern condos. It's a favorite hangout for Portland State University students as well as soccer fans heading to Providence Park. There's plenty so see, do and eat in this part of town.
Fun Things to Do in Portland
Portland is a fun melting pot of delicious food, tasty beverages and family-friendly activities. You'll find a wonderful collection of museums, shops and outdoor experiences to keep everyone happily busy.
Residents can get their learning on at the Oregon Museum of Science and Industry or the Pittock Mansion. Learn a little more about your favorite scientific topics or dive into the local history of one Portland family. If the weather's good and you'd like a day outside, spend time at the Lan Su Chinese Garden or check out the Portland Japanese Garden. Washington Park can keep you busy for quite a while. It houses the Oregon Zoo and the International Rose Test Garden.
Perhaps the most interesting cultural stop in Portland is Mill Ends Park. As the smallest park in the world, this tiny spot is literally the size of a lamp post. Created by a local columnist, it has been an official park since 1976, and speaks to the laid-back, accepting vibe of the city. If shopping is your culture, visit the downtown area. Both the Pearl District and Lloyd District offer ample stores to check out in addition to other cultural experiences. You can even go to circus school at The Circus Project if you're looking for something completely unique. Many apartments in Portland are also located near the informal Saturday Market, which runs through the height of summer.
Getaways from Portland
Living in Portland puts an infinite number of outdoor experiences at your fingertips. Ski, snowboard, hike or camp on Mount Hood. Visit Mt. St. Helens and see an actual erupted volcano. Spend an afternoon beside Multnomah Falls at the Columbia River Gorge. You can also get outside without all the hiking or climbing. Take a trip to Hood River or Willamette Valley to sample the offerings at a variety of wineries. You can hang outside at a more casual pace.
Find Your Apartment in Portland
Finding a new place to live can be a stressful experience. Be sure to use an apartment finder like Apartment Guide to help you locate your next rental property. Whether you're looking for a pet-friendly apartment or simply want an affordable place to live, we'll help you find your perfect match. Regardless of your desires, there's an apartment in Portland for you.
LIST YOUR PROPERTY FOR RENT
Frequently Asked Questions About Portland
What is the average rent in Portland?
What is the average cost of rent for a one-bedroom in Portland?
Are there any cheap apartments for rent in Portland?
Are there any pet friendly apartments in Portland?
© 2021 RentPath Holdings, Inc. All rights reserved. All photos, videos, text and other content are the property of RentPath Holdings, Inc. APARTMENT GUIDE and the APARTMENT GUIDE Trade Dress are registered trademarks of RentPath Holdings, Inc or its affiliates.
Apple, the Apple logo, iPad, and iPhone are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.
Information is copyrighted and school data provided by GreatSchools.org. Information is deemed reliable but not guaranteed. Schools listed above are based on distance from the selected location and are just a sampling of the schools in the area. To find a particular school district, and how it relates to a specific apartment, please contact the apartment manager.
If you are using a screen reader, or are having difficulty reading this website, please email [email protected].