AT&T Fiber (SM) Internet
Dayton Apartment Features
- Apartments with Air Conditioning in Dayton
- Apartments with Balcony in Dayton
- Apartments with Disability Access in Dayton
- Apartments with Elevator in Dayton
- Apartments with Extra Storage in Dayton
- Apartments with Fiber Internet in Dayton
- Apartments with Fireplace in Dayton
- Apartments with Fitness Center in Dayton
- Apartments with Garage in Dayton
- Apartments with Gated Access in Dayton
- Apartments with Laundry Facility in Dayton
- Apartments with Specials & Deals in Dayton
- Apartments with Swimming Pool in Dayton
- Apartments with Utilities Included in Dayton
- Apartments with Virtual Tours in Dayton
- Apartments with Washer and Dryer Connections in Dayton
- Apartments with Washer and Dryer In Unit in Dayton
- Furnished Available Apartments in Dayton
- Dayton Apartment Deals
- Apartments with under $1000 in Dayton
- Apartments with under $1100 in Dayton
- Apartments with under $1200 in Dayton
- Apartments with under $1300 in Dayton
- Apartments with under $1400 in Dayton
- Apartments with under $1500 in Dayton
- Apartments with under $2000 in Dayton
- Apartments with under $500 in Dayton
- Apartments with under $600 in Dayton
- Apartments with under $700 in Dayton
- Apartments with under $800 in Dayton
- Apartments with under $900 in Dayton
Apartments Near Dayton
- Kettering, OH
- Beavercreek, OH
- Centerville, OH
- Oakwood, OH
- Northridge, OH
- Miamisburg, OH
- Huber Heights, OH
- Vandalia, OH
- Fort McKinley, OH
- Shiloh, OH
- Moraine, OH
- Riverside, OH
- West Carrollton, OH
- Trotwood, OH
- Washington Township, OH
- Woodbourne-Hyde Park, OH
- Miami Township, OH
- West Carroll, PA
- Maimisburg, OH
- Phoneton, OH
Living In Dayton, OH
Everything to Know about finding apartments for rent in Dayton, OH
As one of the two principal anchor cities of the populous southwestern Ohio region, Dayton is a thriving city boasting world-class amenities and attractions. Whether you've come to the Dayton area to attend school or to work for one of the region's thriving tech firms, you'll find everything you need close at hand. Dayton is a one-of-a-kind city, and it has been blazing trails to the future for more than a century. There’s so much potential in the area for those looking at apartments for rent in Dayton.
DID YOU KNOW?
In the early 1900s, the city was commonly called the "Invention Capital" of the U.S. for birthing such innovations like the cash register, parking meter, parachute, ice cream cone, in-room air conditioner, airbag and black light.
As the self-proclaimed "Birthplace of Aviation," Dayton attracts throngs of visitors who want to see where the Wright Brothers got their start. At nearby Huffman Prairie Flying Field, it's possible to see the hangar and landing strip the two brothers used after returning from North Carolina. Today, Dayton International Airport continues to host the world-famous Vectren Dayton Air Show.
Of course, the city is known for more than just aviation milestones. Downtown Dayton and the nearby Midtown district boast dozens of boutiques, fine dining establishments and art galleries. The city also has a minor league club team for virtually every sport, and major league teams, including the NFL Bengals and MLB Reds play 50 miles away in Cincinnati.
DAYTON APARTMENTS AND NEIGHBORHOODS
With hundreds of available apartments in Dayton, Ohio, choosing the best of the bunch can seem daunting. From charming three-bedroom homes for empty nesters to contemporary pet-friendly studios for students, there's a nearly endless variety of apartments for rent in Dayton. Thankfully, Apartment Guide's powerful search engine and comprehensive, up-to-date listings bring you the best housing options Dayton has to offer. To find secure, family-friendly units with dishwashers, gym facilities and in-unit laundry hookups, simply adjust your search accordingly and choose the apartment that best fits your needs.
If you're operating on a budget or need a place within a short commute of Downtown, you can find plenty of inexpensive apartments in Old Dayton View. The University Park neighborhood is ideal for University of Dayton students, who want to stay social on the weekends, and the historic Oregon district appeals to millennials, with its eclectic architecture, art galleries and numerous bars and restaurants. Prefer life in the slow lane? Pheasant Hill, one of the most popular residential areas, offers quiet streets and a diverse mix of shops and dining.
FREE THINGS TO DO IN DAYTON, OH
You can find free activities all over the city. Here are some of our top picks:
- View hundreds of rare and one-of-a-kind aircraft at the National Museum of the U.S. Air Force. You won't want to miss a trip to the top of the 140-foot-tall Missile Gallery.
- Visit the late 19th-century building housing Wright Cycle Company Complex, where the Wright brothers manufactured and sold bicycles before their famous flight. The brothers' first business was printing, and they printed an African-American newspaper published by Paul Laurence Dunbar.
- Attend a pop-up concert on the pavilion at RiverScape MetroPark, an urban oasis popular for family picnics, photography and river paddling.
- Sign up for a class at Barbara Cox Center for Sustainable Horticulture and get your hands dirty while learning more about Mother Nature.
- Visit Woodland Cemetery & Arboretum, one of the nation's five oldest rural garden cemeteries, and be sure to bring chalk and paper to make an ornate stone rubbing. Try to see if you can spot the headstones of famous Ohioans, including the Wright brothers, Paul Laurence Dunbar and Erma Bombeck.
- Get involved in a book club at one of 20 Dayton Metro Library locations. Year-round programming also includes free activities for history, genealogy and technology buffs.
INFO FOR FAMILIES WITH KIDS
Consider Dayton's Oakwood City School District, where each of the district's schools earned at least a 9/10 from GreatSchools.org in 2017. Only 20 minutes north of Oakwood, the kids can explore Egyptian exhibits in the African Room or study the stars in the Hall of the Universe at Boonshoft Museum of Discovery.
DAYTON NATURAL BEAUTY
Nestled on the banks of the beautiful Miami River, Dayton is a water lover's paradise. Ply the river via motorboat, raft, sailboat or kayak, or spend the day on the ponds and lakes dotting the area. Are you a landlubber? Several MetroParks in the city and surrounding suburbs boast paved jogging and biking trails. Just seven miles northwest of the city, popular Sycamore State Park attracts thousands of campers and hikers each year.
PET-FRIENDLY DAYTON, OHIO
Reserve time at the year-round swimming and dock-diving pool designed for dogs at Splash Your Pup, where the water is a balmy 82 degrees to soothe arthritic joints. For active pups, head to Montgomery County Bark Park and let her run the agility course or across the park's acres.
GETAWAYS FROM DAYTON
The closest beach to Dayton is Headlands Beach State Park on Lake Erie, a four-hour drive north via I-70 and I-71, but there are plenty of options along the southern edges of Lake Erie as well, including Kemil, Central and Lane beaches. If the bright lights of larger cities are calling, take a dry trip to Columbus, Cincinnati or Indianapolis--all are within a two-hour drive of Dayton.
Find Apartments for rent in Dayton, OH
Finding a new place to live is a stressful experience. Be sure to use an apartment finder like Apartment Guide to help you locate your next rental property. Whether you’re looking for a pet-friendly apartment or simply want an affordable place to live, we’ll help you find apartments for rent in Dayton that match your needs.
LIST YOUR PROPERTY FOR RENT
Frequently Asked Questions About Dayton
What is the average rent in Dayton?
What is the average cost of rent for a one-bedroom in Dayton?
Are there any cheap apartments for rent in Dayton?
Are there any pet friendly apartments in Dayton?
© 2023 Rent Group Inc. All rights reserved. All photos, videos, text and other content are the property of Rent Group Inc. APARTMENT GUIDE and the APARTMENT GUIDE Trade Dress are registered trademarks of Rent Group Inc. or its affiliates.
Apple, the Apple logo, iPad, and iPhone are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.
Information is copyrighted and school data provided by GreatSchools.org. Information is deemed reliable but not guaranteed. Schools listed above are based on distance from the selected location and are just a sampling of the schools in the area. To find a particular school district, and how it relates to a specific apartment, please contact the apartment manager.
If you are using a screen reader, or are having difficulty reading this website, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.