A LIVING TRADITION...University Village in Columbus, Ohio welcomes you home to an apartment community offering affordable studio, one, two and three bedroom apartments for rent with all the perks. You'll love our completely renovated, furnished 1 bedrooms, and the fact that we now accept pets! And you won't believe the incredible BRAND NEW, state of the art Clubhouse we are opening in July 2016! What will you find at UV you won't find in typical student housing? How about a private shuttle to and from OSU campus on our Big Red Bus, friendly on site management and entertainment just steps from your door! Call or stop by for a tour today!
6-Month, 10-Month, 11-Month, 12-Month
1. Water flow in faucets and shower - super slow. Taking a shower takes so long. Cleaning utensils takes forever.
2. They can randomly shut off water supply and not inform you in advance.
3. Very rude management. Literally cunning and shrewd. They put up a plastic smile though!
4. Recently they put very dark tints on the windows, the house is dark and depressing now.
5. There is no way to get out of the annual lease unless you sublease it to someone.
7. A month into your new lease, they keep bugging you to renew your lease for the next year like literally every week. The later you renew, the more the price keeps going up.
8. When you vacate, for every minor scratch they will charge you a heavily. They will ensure you land up paying hundreds of dollars as you vacate. If you disagree, they will send you threatening notices.
Super dark window tints, that kill indoor plants and turns into mirrors at night.
These window tints are not minor, they are the very dark. Forget ever seeing bright blue skies from inside your apartment. Worse: At night, it feels like living in a hall of mirrors.
EFFECT ON INDOOR PLANTS - All my indoor plants wilted and died within a few days. Humans and animals require sunlight for Vitamin D, melatonin, serotonin and a host of other biomolecules. If plants cannot survive, I cannot imagine what effect it would have on us and our mood, especially pets that stay at home all day. I choose to trust my common sense.
NOTE The management offices and the fancy new resident center/gym does not have tints.
MANAGEMENTS REASON being more energy efficient it seems, at the cost of you being forced to live in a dungeon. But all the AC vents are old and loose. Fixing that obvious leak would be more energy efficient.
BREACH OF TRUST - The management introduced this major change to the apartment in the middle of the lease and after we had renewed the lease. It is not a minor change. No care as to how our daily life was altered. So they are capable of making random changes. The language in the notices that they send to the apartment is very impolite and has a threatening tone.
WHEN I COMPLAINED I was told it is mandatory and if I removed the tints, they would take legal action. They told me that if I did not want the tints, I had to certify that I was mentally disabled.
I was also told I was the only one who complained. I talked to my neighbors and lot of my friends in UV, each one of them said that they were told they were the only one to complain!
PLUS POINTS OF UV The maintenance and heating are very good. Bus service is convenient.
Thats my story. See the pictures of the mandatory window tints and decide for yourself.
They try so hard to be professional but act so unprofessional. When you visit the apartment, ask the available date and ask for a writing note with signature. Otherwise you will be assigned a random date to move in even though you keep telling them that you need to move in on Aug 1.
Absolute garbage, do not live here. They are super shady, and will charge you for the slightest problem. Apartments are not worth the money they cost. Squirrels living in the ac units, showerheads are terrible, they left black mold in our apartment and got all 3 of us really sick, kitchen is small and dirty, And the staff are horrible. DO NOT LIVE HERE!
Modern, but old world feel. Great amenities and close to OSU a big plus. Great student activities! Great service when showing me around!