Welcome to life made easy. Morning Agenda: Grab a workout followed by your daily dose of coffee at the local coffee shop or a must-have breakfast at your favorite neighborhood spot.Evening Plan: Meet friends for cocktails and conversation just steps away at the latest local hangout, or bring your friends back to your chic apartment in Raleigh, NC to enjoy your own rooftop patio and lounge.Whatever you choose, your car stays in park. Here at 401 Oberlin, find studio, 1, 2, & 3 bedrooms floor plans to fit your life. In the heart of Raleigh, nestled in Cameron Village to suit your style. This is where life and style meet.Leasing Office is located at the corner of Oberlin Rd & Clark Rd. Parking is available in our main parking deck, entrance is available off Clark Rd. or Stafford Rd.
Prices vary based on length of lease. 3-15 month lease terms are available. Please inquire with property staff for the exact pricing and lease terms that are currently available.
It's quiet most of the time. Clean, great location, great community rooms, yoga room
Wonderful place to live. Spacious 2 bedroom compared to properties close by. Management and other staff are excellent as well.
I am a 48-year-old professional. I lived at 401 Oberlin for a year without too much issue and a relatively pleasant experience as far as apartment living goes. The problem I have, and what people reading should know, is this.. I was accused of having a pet, charged for replacing worn-out, stained carpet, refused a move-in report that would show this pre-existing condition, and turned over to collections without ever invoicing me, nor trying to contact me in any way. They were left with all my relevant contact info, including email, phone, forwarding address. In fact, I had been emailing with Precious (mgr) in December after move-out disputing the withholding of my security deposit. From December to July (7 months), I received no correspondence whatsoever from them. No left voicemails. No emails. No letters. No invoices. Nothing. Until.. one morning IN JULY, I receive a call from collections saying I'm delinquent on a bill and threatening my credit! I thought it was a phishing scam to get my credit card info. When I called 401 to verify, I was told the call was legit and the charges were outstanding. I was livid to say the least. They literally turned me over to collections without one single attempt to reach me. I was not even aware I had a balance. While I didn't agree that the charges were legit, I never would go without paying my bills. Being self-employed and an investor, my credit IS my livelihood. The carefree, lazy approach to collecting a debt is reprehensible at best; criminal at worst. I am still debating small claims court, as I am a big believer in standing up to the unjust, though time is money. At the very least, I wanted to take the time to warn others to be aware of these illegal corporate tactics. Shameful. Buyer beware!
Love everything except the exterior soundproofing. I can clearly hear full conversations outside my apartment, even when the people are not talking above a speaking voice. I am also above the garage, so I hear the entrance door opening and slamming shut regularly.
There has been a drop in the quality of the service office by the management office since Laura and Jeff were moved to other locations (sorry for mentioning their names but I have no other way to quantify how much time has passed). Recurrent problems with new management include:
- leasing office is not answered no matter how many times a day you call or at what time
- its hard to find people at the leasing office over the weekends even though they should be there. Even if I come multiple times during a day. Other residents have commented on the same problem.
- I have tried emailing since I can't find people in the office over the weekends and the phone is not answered when I call. However, my emails go unanswered more than half of the time.
- For months we stopped getting emails about community events and maintenance. When we did the emails were sent as the event started or after I have left my apartment so I could not secure my pet. This has gotten better in the past month, well see if they can keep it up.
- I was renewing our lease the other day. This year we did not got a paper with leasing options delivered to our door, we emailed management to get rates and got no answer, I had to physically go to the office until I got lucky and somebody was there. Took them 4 days to send our lease after 3 emails and a lot of unanswered calls to the leasing office. I understand that we are not the only residents but when Laura was there we got our lease was delivered within 24 hrs and if not we got a notice telling us when to expect it as things were busy in the office.
The last question of this questioner needs more options. I will recommend this apartment if the location is convenient for the resident however I would be very clear about the quality of the office staff.