AT&T Fiber (SM) Internet
Contact for Availability
1 Floor Plan
Contact for Availability
1 Floor Plan
Durham Apartment Features
- Apartments with Air Conditioning in Durham
- Apartments with Balcony in Durham
- Apartments with Disability Access in Durham
- Apartments with Elevator in Durham
- Apartments with Extra Storage in Durham
- Apartments with Fireplace in Durham
- Apartments with Fitness Center in Durham
- Apartments with Garage in Durham
- Apartments with Gated Access in Durham
- Apartments with Laundry Facility in Durham
- Apartments with Specials & Deals in Durham
- Apartments with Swimming Pool in Durham
- Apartments with Utilities Included in Durham
- Apartments with Virtual Tours in Durham
- Apartments with Washer and Dryer Connections in Durham
- Apartments with Washer and Dryer In Unit in Durham
- Furnished Available Apartments in Durham
- Durham Apartment Deals
- Apartments with under $1000 in Durham
- Apartments with under $1100 in Durham
- Apartments with under $1200 in Durham
- Apartments with under $1300 in Durham
- Apartments with under $1400 in Durham
- Apartments with under $1500 in Durham
- Apartments with under $2000 in Durham
- Apartments with under $600 in Durham
- Apartments with under $700 in Durham
- Apartments with under $800 in Durham
- Apartments with under $900 in Durham
Apartments Near Durham
Living In Durham, NC
EVERYTHING TO KNOW ABOUT RENTING AN APARTMENT IN DURHAM, NC
Home to the Research Triangle Park and Duke University, Durham is a major hub for healthcare, technology and academics. Dubbed the "Bull City," Durham's character has been strongly shaped by its once-thriving tobacco industry. The urban downtown district, Duke Central Park, boasts historic architecture and performing arts venues, but natural areas like Falls Lake and Eno River State Park aren't far outside the city limits.
During the late 19th century, Durham transformed from a rural unincorporated community into one of America's largest manufacturing centers thanks to tobacco industry tycoon George Washington Duke.
THE BEST NEIGHBORHOODS TO FIND APARTMENTS FOR RENT IN DURHAM
Ready to make your move? Consider Hayti, a historically African-American community that's home to one of the country's top HBCUs, or rent an affordable apartment in Southpoint and spend your monthly savings at the many nearby shopping centers. Duke Forest is another great neighborhood, catering to outdoorsy types and college students who want to stay close to the funky retailers, restaurants and bars on Ninth Street.
- Downtown: Known for its restaurants, breweries, and shops, Downtown Durham is a lively neighborhood with plenty to do and see!
- Erwin: Erwin is a residential neighborhood in Durham located in between to Duke University Hospital and Morreene Road Park.
- Hope Valley: If you’re looking for a home in the suburbs near golfing and country clubs, Hope Valley should be at the top of your list.
- Lakewood Park: Lakewood Park is a small residential area in Durham near Maplewood Park on either side of Chapel Hill Road.
- Ninth Street: Bustling with character, Ninth Street has been called Durham’s Greenwich Village due to its charming shops and cafes. Ninth Street is the ideal neighborhood for graduate students and young professionals and families.
- Research Triangle Park: Research Triangle Park, also known as The Triangle, is the largest research park in the United States. There are plenty of places to live in The Triangle with access to many nearby Durham attractions.
- SouthPoint: Located in the middle of the Research Triangle Park, SouthPoint is a safe place to live with access to restaurants and shopping.
- Trinity Park: Trinity Park is one of Durham’s oldest neighborhoods located near downtown and Duke University’s East Campus.
- Warehouse District: Named for its former tobacco industry buildings that have been converted into apartments, the Warehouse District is a favorite hangout in Durham with its trendy tapas restaurants and wine bars, but it’s also a great place to live!
- Woodcroft: If you prefer to live amongst the trees, Woodcroft is an ideal neighborhood set in the North Carolina Piedmont woodlands.
FUN THINGS TO DO IN DURHAM
As one of the top five most populous cities in North Carolina, Durham is thriving and offers plenty of things to do and see. Here are our top 10 picks for fun things to do in Durham:
- A visit to Sarah P. Duke Gardens is one of the best free things to do in Durham. Stop and smell the roses in the spring and the azaleas in the summer.
- Housed in restored brick warehouses, Brightleaf Square is a top destination for boutique shopping and fine dining. For a more traditional retail spot, drive down to The Streets at Southpoint to browse bargains at more than 150 stores.
- Lined with art galleries, bustling bars and chic restaurants, the historic American Tobacco Campus is perfect for social gatherings with family and friends.
- Sing the Duke Blue Devils fight song at Cameron Indoor Stadium, home of one of the most successful NCAA men's basketball teams of all time.
- Buy tickets for a live performance in Fletcher Hall at the historic Carolina Theatre. This Beaux-Arts landmark also has strong ties to the city's African-American culture.
- Applaud passionate actors and musicians inside the modern Durham Performing Arts Center (DPAC), which often hosts off-Broadway touring shows and stand-up comedy acts.
- Relive the final chapters of the U.S. Civil War at Bennett Place. This historic site includes a restored family farm where Union general William T. Sherman signed a treaty with Confederate general Joseph E. Johnston.
- Become a biologist or engineer for the day thanks to interactive exhibits at Museum of Life + Science, which also offers close encounters with live animals.
- Have a hot dog while you watch minor league baseball at Durham Bulls Athletic Park, home of the Durham Bulls, a Triple-A team affiliated with the MLB Tampa Bay Rays.
- Go behind the scenes at Honeygirl Meadery with a free tour to see, and taste, why handcrafted honey wines are making a comeback.
DURHAM FOR FAMILIES WITH KIDS
According to recent data by Niche, Durham is home to one of the state's best high schools and more than 75 other public, private, charter and magnet schools. For an after-school family adventure, pick your own strawberries at Waller farm or get close to the cute and cuddly primates at Duke Lemur Center.
PET-FRIENDLY DURHAM, NC
Durham extends a warm welcome to pets and their humans with its numerous dog-friendly trails and dog parks. Check out Piney Wood Dog Park, with its separate fenced areas and one for Frisbee before heading to The Regulator, a Durham landmark that welcomes well-behaved dogs with a treat.
GETAWAYS FROM DURHAM
Water lovers and weekenders appreciate Durham's proximity to Cape Hatteras, the Travel Channel's pick for #1 beach in the state, and Carolina Beach, the closest beach to the city. Looking for a destination further inland? Durham is within five hours of Baltimore, Washington DC, Myrtle Beach, Charleston, Savannah and Knoxville.
FIND APARTMENTS FOR RENT IN DURHAM, NC
Finding a new place to live is a stressful experience. Be sure to use an apartment finder like Apartment Guide to help you locate your next rental property. Whether you’re looking for a pet-friendly apartment or simply want an affordable place to live, we’ll help you find apartments for rent in Durhan that match your needs.
LIST YOUR PROPERTY FOR RENT
Frequently Asked Questions About Durham
What is the average rent in Durham?
What is the average cost of rent for a one-bedroom in Durham?
Are there any cheap apartments for rent in Durham?
Are there any pet friendly apartments in Durham?
© 2023 Rent Group Inc. All rights reserved. All photos, videos, text and other content are the property of Rent Group Inc. APARTMENT GUIDE and the APARTMENT GUIDE Trade Dress are registered trademarks of Rent Group Inc. or its affiliates.
Apple, the Apple logo, iPad, and iPhone are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.
Information is copyrighted and school data provided by GreatSchools.org. Information is deemed reliable but not guaranteed. Schools listed above are based on distance from the selected location and are just a sampling of the schools in the area. To find a particular school district, and how it relates to a specific apartment, please contact the apartment manager.
If you are using a screen reader, or are having difficulty reading this website, please email email@example.com.