1. Home
  2. New York
  3. West Nyack
  4. Apartments for rent in West Nyack, NY

236 Apartments Available
New
Find Apartments With
AT&T Fiber (SM) Internet
1 - 20 of 236 Apartments

LOCAL GUIDE

See what West Nyack, NY has to offer
View Local Guide

All About

Living In West Nyack, NY

West Nyack, a small town in New York, has a population of just under 4,000. Middle-aged professionals can expect to fit right in, as they account for an above-average portion of the community, while young professionals are less well-represented. Overall, the town's residents, at an average age of just over 44, are older than most cities in New York. Home ownership is more common than renting in West Nyack, and 6% of residents rent. With a relatively low average rent of $1,095 per month in the town, renting remains an affordable option, particularly compared to other cities in New York. Over the course of a year, renters in West Nyack will save around $2,200 compared to the state average.

With an average commute time of about 34 minutes, slower than most cities in the state, West Nyack residents are well aware that getting to work takes some patience. Driving a car or truck is the most common way to get to work, chosen by 46% of workers, while public transit is used by just 5% of the population. Few commuters walk to work.

Compared to the national average (7%), West Nyack has a high concentration of residents older than 25 with advanced degrees, as 17% have earned a Master's or a Doctorate. Furthermore, 16% have a Bachelor's degree, which also outpaces the national average. Many West Nyack residents work in one of five industries: retail, healthcare, education, scientific, and entertainment. Combined, these industries make up 33% of the town's workforce. Meanwhile, in terms of job function, 11% of the town's population works in management, which ranks as the top profession in the town. West Nyack workers bring in an average annual income of around $132K, around $51,000 more than the New York average. The town's average income also compares favorably to the national average ($73,345).



Frequently Asked Questions About West Nyack

How much does it cost to rent in West Nyack, NY?

Our Price Sort filter can help you find a rental at a cost that's perfect for your budget.

What is the average cost of rent for a one-bedroom in West Nyack?

The average rent of a one-bedroom apartment in West Nyack is $1,900

Are there any cheap apartments for rent in West Nyack?

For the best deal, we recommend using our cheap apartments filter.

Are there any pet friendly apartments in West Nyack?

Apply Apartment Guide's pet friendly filter to see only West Nyack apartments that accept pets.
Artboard

© 2021 RentPath Holdings, Inc. All rights reserved. All photos, videos, text and other content are the property of RentPath Holdings, Inc. APARTMENT GUIDE and the APARTMENT GUIDE Trade Dress are registered trademarks of RentPath Holdings, Inc or its affiliates.

Apple, the Apple logo, iPad, and iPhone are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.

Information is copyrighted and school data provided by GreatSchools.org. Information is deemed reliable but not guaranteed. Schools listed above are based on distance from the selected location and are just a sampling of the schools in the area. To find a particular school district, and how it relates to a specific apartment, please contact the apartment manager.

Download the ApartmentGuide.com app for Android and iOS

If you are using a screen reader, or are having difficulty reading this website, please email accessibilityfeedback@rentpath.com.