1. Home
  2. New York
  3. Wantagh
  4. Apartments for rent in Wantagh, NY

862 Apartments Available
1 - 20 of 862 Apartments< Previous Page Next Page >

All about

Wantagh, NY

The town of Wantagh, New York is home to just under 19,000 people. The city's population, at an average age of just under 41, is somewhat older than other municipalities in the state, which has an average age of 39. Renters tend to be in the minority in the city, and 94% of residents own their homes. The average rent for Wantagh is $465 a month more than the state average.

Wantagh residents have an average commute of about 39 minutes, slower than nearly 90% of cities in the state. Driving is the most common means of commuting to work, chosen by 40% of commuters, while public transit is used by only 9% of the city. Walking isn't a common method of commuting to work.

Wantagh has a high percentage of residents older than 25 who have advanced degrees compared to the national average (7%), as 12% possess a Master's degree or a Doctoral degree. Furthermore, 18% have a Bachelor's degree, which also outpaces the national average. There are five primary industries in Wantagh: education, healthcare, retail, scientific, and finance. Together, these industries account for 30% of the workforce in the city. Meanwhile, in terms of job function, 9% of residents work in sales, which ranks as the top profession in the city. Wantagh workers earn an average annual income of around $139K, more than the New York average. Wantagh's average income also compares favorably to the national average ($73,345).

Frequently Asked Questions About Wantagh

Looking for a cheap Wantagh apartment?

For the best deal, we recommend using our cheap apartments filter.

How Many Bedrooms Do You Need?

Are you living by yourself, with your family, or do you have roommates? Choose the number of bedrooms that match your needs: Studio, 1 Bedroom, 2 Bedroom, 3 Bedroom.

Do you need a pet-friendly Wantagh apartment?

If you have a dog or cat, you'll need to find an apartment in Wantagh that accepts pets. Apply Apartment Guide's pet friendly filter to see only Wantagh apartments that accept pets. Remember to read the apartment's specific guidelines for acceptable pet breeds and weights if applicable.

© 2020 RentPath, LLC. All rights reserved. All photos, videos, text and other content are the property of RentPath, LLC. APARTMENT GUIDE and the APARTMENT GUIDE Trade Dress are registered trademarks of RentPath, LLC or its affiliates.

Apple, the Apple logo, iPad, and iPhone are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.

Information is copyrighted and school data provided by GreatSchools.org. Information is deemed reliable but not guaranteed. Schools listed above are based on distance from the selected location and are just a sampling of the schools in the area. To find a particular school district, and how it relates to a specific apartment, please contact the apartment manager.

Download the ApartmentGuide.com app for Android and iOS