AT&T Fiber (SM) Internet
Rochester Apartment Features
- Apartments with Air Conditioning in Rochester
- Apartments with Balcony in Rochester
- Apartments with Disability Access in Rochester
- Apartments with Elevator in Rochester
- Apartments with Extra Storage in Rochester
- Apartments with Fireplace in Rochester
- Apartments with Fitness Center in Rochester
- Apartments with Garage in Rochester
- Apartments with Gated Access in Rochester
- Apartments with Laundry Facility in Rochester
- Apartments with Specials & Deals in Rochester
- Apartments with Swimming Pool in Rochester
- Apartments with Utilities Included in Rochester
- Apartments with Virtual Tours in Rochester
- Apartments with Washer and Dryer Connections in Rochester
- Apartments with Washer and Dryer In Unit in Rochester
- Furnished Available Apartments in Rochester
- Rochester Apartment Deals
- Apartments with under $1000 in Rochester
- Apartments with under $1100 in Rochester
- Apartments with under $1200 in Rochester
- Apartments with under $1300 in Rochester
- Apartments with under $1400 in Rochester
- Apartments with under $1500 in Rochester
- Apartments with under $2000 in Rochester
- Apartments with under $500 in Rochester
- Apartments with under $600 in Rochester
- Apartments with under $700 in Rochester
- Apartments with under $800 in Rochester
- Apartments with under $900 in Rochester
- Apartments near Public Transportation in Rochester
- Cheap Apartments in Rochester
- Income Restricted Apartments in Rochester
- Loft Layout Apartments in Rochester
- Luxury Apartments in Rochester
- New Construction Apartments in Rochester
- Pet Friendly Apartments in Rochester
- Senior Living Apartments in Rochester
- Short Term Apartments in Rochester
Apartments Near Rochester
For SaleRochester, NY Homes for Sale
Living In Rochester, NY
EVERYTHING TO KNOW ABOUT RENTING AN APARTMENT IN ROCHESTER, NY
Located just a few miles from the beautiful shores of Lake Ontario in western New York, Rochester has played a huge role in the nation's industrial development. Home of such iconic corporations as Kodak and Xerox, the self-described "Film Capital of the World" also happens to be one of the most affordable and family-friendly towns in the United States.
Rochester truly offers something for everyone, so if you’re looking for apartments for rent in Rochester, you can feel confident knowing there’s a neighborhood that will suit your every need.
THE BEST NEIGHBORHOODS TO FIND APARTMENTS FOR RENT IN ROCHESTER
Whether you're looking for an apartment in a quiet suburb or want to be near the city's busiest bars, Apartment Guide can help you find the right neighborhood. Search east of the city for a village feel with boutique shops and chef-driven restaurants, or look to the south for great parks and easy access to the airport. From chic studio-style lofts in 19th-century downtown buildings to two-bedroom and three-bedroom townhouses in park-like suburban communities, Apartment Guide has hundreds of available apartments in Rochester.
To find places with amenities like heated parking, free snow removal and 24-hour gym access, use our powerful search feature to customize your hunt for Rochester apartments. If you prefer to browse for apartments, our comprehensive database can help with that as well. We'll even point you toward temporary discounts and rent specials on budget-friendly apartments in Rochester.
With Apartment Guide, finding apartments for rent in Rochester, NY is easy. Here are our picks for some of the best neighborhoods in the area:
- 14621 Community: If you love nightlife and a diverse community, you should consider apartments n this neighborhood. With over 38,000 people living here, you’ll experience a wonderful melting pot of races, cultures and ethnicities. It’s ranked No. 5 in Rochester for diversity, No. 5 in the city for affordability and No. 23 for young professionals.
- Corn Hill: Looking for a smaller community? Try Corn Hil! Despite its small population (just over 3,000 residents), there are multiple restaurants, bars and parks. The neighborhood has an urban feel, yet the parks and beautiful architecture give it a ton of personality. Most of the residents are young professionals who report an average commute of about 20 minutes.
- Downtown: Another great community for professionals is Downtown Rochester, which also boasts a commute of 20 minutes or less. The neighborhood is home to around 4.600 people and has an urban vibe with lots of restaurants, coffee shops and bars. Though there aren’t a lot of green areas within the main area of the neighborhood, there are a number of parks on the outskirts.
- East Avenue: Known for great schools and a family-friendly vibe, eastern suburbs like Penfield and Fairport win accolades for great quality of life. The neighborhood has earned an A- rating from residents, particularly for the diversity and nightlife, as well as the fact that it’s a family-friendly area.
- Northwest Rochester: If access to Lake Ontario is at the top of your apartment wish list, check out homes in northwestern areas like Charlotte, Maplewood and Greece. You also have access to Seneca Park Zoo and Ontario Beach Park, great places to take your family for a day of fun!
- Park Avenue: Want to walk to some of the city's best shops and restaurants from your apartment? The Park Avenue neighborhood is for you. Don't miss the Park Avenue Summer Art Festival! The nearly 10,000 residents give the neighborhood an A- rating because it’s multicultural, has well-kept parks, is safe, quiet, friendly and conveniently located.
- South Wedge: Another A-rated neighborhood in Rochester, South Wedge is rated a top place to live in the city. There are a little over 5,000 residents here and the area has an urban/suburban feel to it. This community is also rated well for young professionals. Locals take a lot of pride in the neighborhood and make sure to shop local to keep their neighbors in business.
- Southwest Rochester: If you attend the University of Rochester, you might want to look for an apartment in Southwest Rochester. The university is centrally located, making the commute so much easier. Another nearby college is the Monroe Community College. This area is also ideal if you love to get out into nature regularly as there are a number of parks around the community.
- Southeast Rochester: Quite a few single professionals and couples live in this urban neighborhood. The walking and bike score are over 50, so you can do some of your errands on foot. However, you might need access to a vehicle or use public transit for your daily commute to work.
- Upper Monroe: This has been rated as Rochester’s No. 2 neighborhood. The walking score is in the high-80s, so you can easily and safely do a lot of walking for exercise, recreation or to run errands. The bike score is in the high-60s, so it’s a pretty accommodating neighborhood for cyclists.
FUN THINGS TO DO IN ROCHESTER
Rochester's nicknames sound a lot alike! Once called "The Flour City" for its flour mills on the Genesee River, Rochester became "The Flower City" in 1859, when the mills moved west and local industry shifted to the nursery business. A noted destination for art aficionados, Rochester is the home of the Eastman School of Music, the Rochester Philharmonic Orchestra and Garth Fagan Dance. Rochester natives flock to the Geva Theater Center for live performances and head to the Little Theatre for indie and foreign films. During the city's festival season, locals and visitors alike delight in events like the Xerox Rochester International Jazz Festival and the Rochester Film Festival.
Rochester dog lovers enjoy taking their pooch out to dinner, and numerous local restaurants, like Tap & Mallet and Bunga Burger Bar, make that easy during the warm months with outdoor dog-friendly tables.
Want to have fun on the cheap? Rochester's many free activities include concerts at the Eastman School of Music, summer movies and hiking at Mendon Ponds Park.
What about families? In Rochester, family fun is nearly synonymous with the exceptional Strong National Museum of Play. Get hands-on at the video game exhibit, or head outdoors to smell the lilacs at Highland Park.
Though Rochester is known for its excellent public schools, eastern suburbs like Pittsford, Fairport and Penfield all earn raves for being at the top of the class.
Rochester’s natural beauty can’t be beaten either. The rolling, heavily wooded landscape makes it easy for residents to stay active throughout the year. During the summer, the city's paved trails and bike lanes attract joggers, walkers and bikers alike. In the winter, many of these trails are repurposed as Nordic ski paths that intrepid locals use to commute and run errands. Meanwhile, the waters of nearby Lake Ontario fill up with boaters and sailing enthusiasts on hot summer days.
Looking for even more things to do? Here are some honorable mentions.
- The Mall at Greece Ridge: If you need to do some shopping, this is the place to go. There are plenty of shopping options (clothes, books, electronics, phone service, personal care and much more), as well as restaurants, a movie theater and other entertaining events.
- George Eastman Museum: This art museum is located on the estate of George Eastman, a pioneer of modern photography, as well as motion picture film. You can explore the house and gardens or visit the displays and exhibitions that showcase collections that consist of some of the rarest and oldest film archives.
- Ellison Park: Steep slopes, natural woodlands and a fishing creek. Ellison Park is absolutely heavenly. In the winter, they have an ice rink. In the spring and summer, multiple baseball diamonds, a playground and hiking trails.
- Seneca Park Zoo: Learn about the beautiful, exotic animals in the zoo, as well as the conservation efforts being put into place to protect them. The goal of this park is to eventually become a national leader in conservation and public education.
- The Great Escape Room: Do you love mystery and adventure? Book your next party at the Great Escape Room. You can attend on your own or bring a group of friends with you. There are five types of escape rooms: two general escape rooms, two scavenger hunt rooms and one portable escape room for corporate events. This adventure is a great way to test your code-breaking and problem-solving skills.
- Seabreeze Amusement Park: Thrill rides, kiddie rides, a water park - this amusement park has everything! You can also enjoy a number of entertaining shows and restaurants with delectable treats. In addition to family outings, the park also offers opportunities for schools to take their students on a fun outing that will never be forgotten.
GETAWAYS FROM ROCHESTER
Summer in Rochester means sunglasses and coolers at Lake Ontario beaches like Ontario Beach Park and Durand Eastman Park. At other times of the year, travel a distance of only 85 miles to reach Niagara Falls, which draws couples and families who want to feel the mist from the 167-foot-tall waterfalls.
FIND APARTMENTS FOR RENT IN ROCHESTER, NY
Finding a new place to live is a stressful experience. Be sure to use an apartment finder like Apartment Guide to help you locate your next rental property. Whether you’re looking for a pet-friendly apartment or simply want an affordable place to live, we’ll help you find apartments for rent in Rochester that match your needs.
Looking for more?Rochester, NY Apartments for Rent
LIST YOUR PROPERTY FOR RENT
Frequently Asked Questions About Rochester
What is the average rent in Rochester?
What is the average cost of rent for a one-bedroom in Rochester?
Are there any cheap apartments for rent in Rochester?
Are there any pet friendly apartments in Rochester?
© 2022 RentPath Holdings, Inc. All rights reserved. All photos, videos, text and other content are the property of RentPath Holdings, Inc. APARTMENT GUIDE and the APARTMENT GUIDE Trade Dress are registered trademarks of RentPath Holdings, Inc or its affiliates.
Apple, the Apple logo, iPad, and iPhone are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.
Information is copyrighted and school data provided by GreatSchools.org. Information is deemed reliable but not guaranteed. Schools listed above are based on distance from the selected location and are just a sampling of the schools in the area. To find a particular school district, and how it relates to a specific apartment, please contact the apartment manager.
If you are using a screen reader, or are having difficulty reading this website, please email email@example.com.