AT&T Fiber (SM) Internet
New York Apartment Features
- Apartments with Air Conditioning in New York
- Apartments with Balcony in New York
- Apartments with Disability Access in New York
- Apartments with Elevator in New York
- Apartments with Extra Storage in New York
- Apartments with Fireplace in New York
- Apartments with Fitness Center in New York
- Apartments with Gated Access in New York
- Apartments with Laundry Facility in New York
- Apartments with Specials & Deals in New York
- Apartments with Swimming Pool in New York
- Apartments with Utilities Included in New York
- Apartments with Virtual Tours in New York
- Apartments with Washer and Dryer Connections in New York
- Apartments with Washer and Dryer In Unit in New York
- Furnished Available Apartments in New York
- New York Apartment Deals
- Apartments with under $1000 in New York
- Apartments with under $1100 in New York
- Apartments with under $1200 in New York
- Apartments with under $1300 in New York
- Apartments with under $1400 in New York
- Apartments with under $1500 in New York
- Apartments with under $2000 in New York
- Apartments with under $500 in New York
- Apartments with under $600 in New York
- Apartments with under $700 in New York
- Apartments with under $800 in New York
- Apartments with under $900 in New York
- Apartments near Public Transportation in New York
- Cheap Apartments in New York
- Corporate Apartments in New York
- Loft Layout Apartments in New York
- Luxury Apartments in New York
- New Construction Apartments in New York
- Pet Friendly Apartments in New York
- Senior Living Apartments in New York
- Short Term Apartments in New York
Apartments Near New York
- Pacific College of Oriental Medicine--New York, NY
- School of Visual Arts, NY
- CUNY--Bernard M Baruch College, NY
- Touro College Executive Offices, NY
- Swedish Institute, NY
- Fashion Institute of Technology, NY
- Studio Jewelers, NY
- American Academy of Dramatic Arts, NY
- Wood/Tobe-Coburn School, NY
- Katharine Gibbs School, NY
- Christie's Education, NY
- SUNY College of Optometry, NY
- American University in Cairo, NY
- New York Institute of Photography, NY
- Sheffield School of Interior Design, NY
- Berkeley College, NY
- Spanish-American Institute, NY
- Laboratory Institute of Merchandising, NY
- Mandl School, NY
- Institute for Media and Entertainment, NY
Living In New York, NY
EVERYTHING TO KNOW ABOUT RENTING AN APARTMENT IN NEW YORK, NY
There’s no need to introduce New York since it's arguably the most famous city on the planet. Filled with diverse culture, art, music and commerce, New York City is a fun and exciting place to live. You’ll also find great universities there such as New York University and Columbia University. Apartments for rent in New York may be a bit pricier than other cities but it’s worth it.
THE BEST NEIGHBORHOODS TO FIND APARTMENTS FOR RENT IN NEW YORK
If you are looking for apartments for rent in New York, you have many great location options. From high-rises to industrial lofts, New York City has it all. Here are some great neighborhoods to explore:
- Co-op City: Located in the Baychester section of the Bronx, Co-op City is a “city within a city” with 35 high-rise buildings offering co-operative housing, the largest housing cooperative on the planet.
- Downtown Manhattan: Downtown Manhattan, aka Lower Manhattan, encompasses the financial district, Chinatown, Greenwich Village, Chelsea and other great little neighborhoods.
- Harlem: The home of African-American culture in Upper Manhattan, Harlem offers authentic soul food, great music and quick access to Central Park and other parts of Manhattan.
- Midtown Manhattan: Midtown Manhattan gives you everything the city has to offer – a centralized location with access to restaurants, museums, shops and tourist attractions such as Time Square.
- Northern Brooklyn: This exciting area to live is just across the river from Manhattan and is bordered by Queens. It’s also considered the arts capital of New York.
- South Brooklyn: South Brooklyn is actually not the southernmost part of Brooklyn (it was named for its location along the waterfront). It’s a great place for culture and connection.
- Upper East Side: This posh area runs along the east side of Central Park and includes the famed Guggenheim Museum.
- Upper Manhattan: This northern part of Manhattan is loosely defined on the south by 96th Street or the northern part of Central Park. It includes the neighborhoods of Harlem, Marble Hill, Inwood and Washington Heights.
- Upper West Side: Located on the New Jersey side of Manhattan Island, west of Central Park, this affluent area is a great location if you work in Manhattan.
- Williamsburg: Part of Northern Brooklyn, this gentrified neighborhood offers urban lofts and apartments repurposed from warehouses along with cafes and unique shops.
FUN THINGS TO DO IN NEW YORK
New York City pretty much has everything you might want to do for fun (except mountain skiing!), including museums, parks, shopping and fine dining. Here are just a few of the things you can do and explore after looking for apartments for rent in New York:
- If you like history, then you’ll love exploring the American Museum of Natural History.
- Arguably the best feature of Manhattan is Central Park, one of the best urban parks in the world.
- Even if you have been in New York for a while, taking a boat tour around Manhattan Island with Circle Line Sightseeing Cruises is well worth it.
- The Garment District is a great place to visit if you love fashion — from mind-blowing showrooms to fabrics galore.
- The Guggenheim Museum, located next to Central Park, may not be the largest museum in the city but it may be the most interesting. The building itself is a work of art.
- The Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum is something the kids will love – it’s a museum of ships, big ships, including an aircraft carrier and a submarine!
- Located in Times Square, Madame Tussauds New York is the world-famous wax museum worth visiting at least once in a lifetime.
- The Museum of Modern Art is one of the best museums in the city and is known for its renowned collection of modern art.
- The National September 11 Memorial is located where the former World Trade Center towers stood. This is perhaps more of a somber trip than a “fun” one, but an important place to visit.
- Sure, it’s touristy, but Times Square is still fun to explore and there are lots of great little restaurants and shops in the area.
GETAWAYS FROM NEW YORK
You may be enjoying living in apartments for rent in New York but once in a while, you need to getaway. Fortunately, New York has many places to escape to. If you love the beach, New Jersey has a lot of sandy shorelines, from Long Beach Island to the famous Atlantic City, unless you prefer the posh Hamptons. A quick train ride will get you to Philadelphia, which offers a lot to see and do (including the original Liberty Bell). Or, go enjoy some nature in upstate New York and hit the Catskills.
FIND APARTMENTS FOR RENT IN NEW YORK
Finding a new place to live is a stressful experience. Be sure to use an apartment finder like Apartment Guide to help you locate your next rental property. Whether you’re looking for a pet-friendly apartment or simply want an affordable place to live, we’ll help you find apartments for rent in New York that match your needs.
LIST YOUR PROPERTY FOR RENT
Frequently Asked Questions About New York
What is the average rent in New York?
What is the average cost of rent for a one-bedroom in New York?
Are there any cheap apartments for rent in New York?
Are there any pet friendly apartments in New York?
© 2023 Rent Group Inc. All rights reserved. All photos, videos, text and other content are the property of Rent Group Inc. APARTMENT GUIDE and the APARTMENT GUIDE Trade Dress are registered trademarks of Rent Group Inc. or its affiliates.
Apple, the Apple logo, iPad, and iPhone are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.
Information is copyrighted and school data provided by GreatSchools.org. Information is deemed reliable but not guaranteed. Schools listed above are based on distance from the selected location and are just a sampling of the schools in the area. To find a particular school district, and how it relates to a specific apartment, please contact the apartment manager.
If you are using a screen reader, or are having difficulty reading this website, please email email@example.com.