1. Home
  2. New York
  3. Cambridge
  4. Apartments for rent in Cambridge, NY

315 Apartments Available
1 - 20 of 315 Apartments< Previous Page Next Page >

LOCAL GUIDE

See what Cambridge, NY has to offer
View Local Guide

All About

Living In Cambridge, NY

Cambridge, New York is a small town with just under 2,000 residents. Retirees make up a greater percentage of the population (20%) here than nationally (14%), while young adults appear in smaller numbers. Renters tend to be in the minority in Cambridge, and 67% of residents own their homes. Renters in the town benefit from a relatively low average rent of $870 a month, which is $410/month less than the state average.

Cambridge has a high number of residents older than 25 who have advanced degrees compared to the national average (7%), as 12% have earned a Master's or a Doctoral degree. In addition, 11% have a Bachelor's degree. There are three primary industries in Cambridge: manufacturing, education, and healthcare. Combined, these industries account for 23% of the labor force in the town. Meanwhile, in terms of job function, 7% of the town's population works in transportation, which ranks as the top field in the town. With an average annual income of about $61,000, Cambridge workers take home around $19,000 less than the average New York resident. The town's average income also trails the national average ($73,345).

Cambridge residents have an average commute of about 32 minutes. Many residents (40%) drive their car or truck to work, while public transit is not used. Relatively few residents commute to work on foot.


Frequently Asked Questions About Cambridge

Looking for a cheap Cambridge apartment?

For the best deal, we recommend using our cheap apartments filter.

How Many Bedrooms Do You Need?

Are you living by yourself, with your family, or do you have roommates? Choose the number of bedrooms that match your needs: Studio, 1 Bedroom, 2 Bedroom, 3 Bedroom.

How Can I Tour Virtually During Covid19 & Social Distancing?

You can virtually tour any apartment by using our Cambridge, NY Virtual Tours filter. All properties in this filter contain either a 3d tour or a video tour.

Do you need a pet-friendly Cambridge apartment?

If you have a dog or cat, you'll need to find an apartment in Cambridge that accepts pets. Apply Apartment Guide's pet friendly filter to see only Cambridge apartments that accept pets. Remember to read the apartment's specific guidelines for acceptable pet breeds and weights if applicable.
Artboard

© 2020 RentPath, LLC. All rights reserved. All photos, videos, text and other content are the property of RentPath, LLC. APARTMENT GUIDE and the APARTMENT GUIDE Trade Dress are registered trademarks of RentPath, LLC or its affiliates.

Apple, the Apple logo, iPad, and iPhone are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.

Information is copyrighted and school data provided by GreatSchools.org. Information is deemed reliable but not guaranteed. Schools listed above are based on distance from the selected location and are just a sampling of the schools in the area. To find a particular school district, and how it relates to a specific apartment, please contact the apartment manager.

Download the ApartmentGuide.com app for Android and iOS