1. Home
  2. New Mexico
  3. Silver City
  4. Apartments for rent in Silver City, NM

6 Apartments Available
1 - 6 of 6 Apartments< Previous Page Next Page >

Silver City Apartment Features

LOCAL GUIDE

See what Silver City, NM has to offer
View Local Guide

All About

Living In Silver City, NM

Silver City is a small town in New Mexico with approximately 10,000 residents. Retirees will fit right in, as they account for 20% of the population compared to 14% nationally. Home ownership is more common than renting in Silver City, and 38% of residents rent. With a relatively low average rent of $724/month in the town, renting remains an affordable option, particularly compared to other cities in New Mexico. Each month, renters in Silver City will save around $152 compared to the state average.

Averaging about 14 minutes, Silver City's commute time outperforms the state average of about 23 minutes. Driving a car or truck is the typical way to get to work, chosen by 36% of workers, while public transportation is not used much. A small percentage of residents (3%) walk to work, though the number does exceed the national average.

Compared to the national average (7%), Silver City has a relatively high number of residents over the age of 25 who have advanced degrees, as 8% possess a Master's or a Doctorate. Further, 12% possess a Bachelor's degree. Many Silver City residents work in one of three industries: healthcare, entertainment, and retail. Together, these industries account for 20% of the workforce in the town. With an average annual income of about $53,000, Silver City workers bring in around $9,000 less than the average New Mexico resident. The town's average income also falls below the national average of $73,345.


Frequently Asked Questions About Silver City

Looking for a cheap Silver City apartment?

For the best deal, we recommend using our cheap apartments filter.

How Many Bedrooms Do You Need?

Are you living by yourself, with your family, or do you have roommates? Choose the number of bedrooms that match your needs: Studio, 1 Bedroom, 2 Bedroom, 3 Bedroom.

How Can I Tour Virtually During Covid19 & Social Distancing?

You can virtually tour any apartment by using our Silver City, NM Virtual Tours filter. All properties in this filter contain either a 3d tour or a video tour.

Do you need a pet-friendly Silver City apartment?

If you have a dog or cat, you'll need to find an apartment in Silver City that accepts pets. Apply Apartment Guide's pet friendly filter to see only Silver City apartments that accept pets. Remember to read the apartment's specific guidelines for acceptable pet breeds and weights if applicable.
Artboard

© 2020 RentPath, LLC. All rights reserved. All photos, videos, text and other content are the property of RentPath, LLC. APARTMENT GUIDE and the APARTMENT GUIDE Trade Dress are registered trademarks of RentPath, LLC or its affiliates.

Apple, the Apple logo, iPad, and iPhone are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.

Information is copyrighted and school data provided by GreatSchools.org. Information is deemed reliable but not guaranteed. Schools listed above are based on distance from the selected location and are just a sampling of the schools in the area. To find a particular school district, and how it relates to a specific apartment, please contact the apartment manager.

Download the ApartmentGuide.com app for Android and iOS