1. Home
  2. New Jersey
  3. Matawan
  4. Apartments for rent in Matawan, NJ

92 Apartments Available
1 - 20 of 92 Apartments< Previous Page Next Page >

LOCAL GUIDE

See what Matawan, NJ has to offer
View Local Guide

All About

Living In Matawan, NJ

A small town in New Jersey, Matawan has a population of just under 9,000. At an average age of just over 39, the town's population ranks around the middle compared to other cities in the state, which has an average age of 39. Renters tend to be in the minority in Matawan, and 65% of residents own their homes. With an average rent of $1,433 per month, exceeding the state average by $161/month, relatively high rent costs could be a contributing factor in the higher levels of ownership.

Matawan has an average commute time of about 39 minutes, slower than the state average of about 34 minutes. Many residents (44%) drive their car to work, while public transit is used by just 6% of the population. Walking isn't a common way to get to work.

Compared to the national average (7%), Matawan has a large percentage of residents over the age of 25 with advanced degrees, as 10% have earned a Master's degree or a Doctorate. Furthermore, 19% have a Bachelor's degree, which also outpaces the national average. Many Matawan residents work in one of four industries: retail, education, healthcare, and scientific. Combined, these industries make up 29% of the town's workforce. Meanwhile, in terms of job function, many workers in these industries are in sales, which ranks as the top field in the town. Matawan workers earn an average annual income of around $101K, more than their peers elsewhere in New Jersey. The town's average income also compares favorably to the national average of $73,345.


Frequently Asked Questions About Matawan

Looking for a cheap Matawan apartment?

For the best deal, we recommend using our cheap apartments filter.

How Many Bedrooms Do You Need?

Are you living by yourself, with your family, or do you have roommates? Choose the number of bedrooms that match your needs: Studio, 1 Bedroom, 2 Bedroom, 3 Bedroom.

How Can I Tour Virtually During Covid19 & Social Distancing?

You can virtually tour any apartment by using our Matawan, NJ Virtual Tours filter. All properties in this filter contain either a 3d tour or a video tour.

Do you need a pet-friendly Matawan apartment?

If you have a dog or cat, you'll need to find an apartment in Matawan that accepts pets. Apply Apartment Guide's pet friendly filter to see only Matawan apartments that accept pets. Remember to read the apartment's specific guidelines for acceptable pet breeds and weights if applicable.
Artboard

© 2020 RentPath, LLC. All rights reserved. All photos, videos, text and other content are the property of RentPath, LLC. APARTMENT GUIDE and the APARTMENT GUIDE Trade Dress are registered trademarks of RentPath, LLC or its affiliates.

Apple, the Apple logo, iPad, and iPhone are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.

Information is copyrighted and school data provided by GreatSchools.org. Information is deemed reliable but not guaranteed. Schools listed above are based on distance from the selected location and are just a sampling of the schools in the area. To find a particular school district, and how it relates to a specific apartment, please contact the apartment manager.

Download the ApartmentGuide.com app for Android and iOS

Local Guide