The apartment is maybe good but avoid the agent.She didn't show up at the appointment and didn't even call or text afterwards to reschedule.
We've lived here for 3 years and are so sad to leave!
- AFFORDABILITY: You will not find more affordable rent for this much square footage in a doorman building anywhere in the nearby area. For instance, we pay $2600 for a ~900 square foot 1-bedroom apartment on one of the highest floors in the building with an unbelievable view. The building also has a gym, monthly social events, and an outdoor pool.
- LOCATION: 3 minute walk to the Grove Street Path and the main area of Jersey City (aka Newark Avenue-- they close this area off so cars cannot drive there and it's filled with tons of shops/restaurants). 225 Grand is also a 5 minute walk from the water, so you can walk to the pier and take in the beautiful views of the Statute of Liberty or the NYC skyline.
- QUIET: thank goodness there is no nearby construction, so it's quiet here! Which is saying a lot for Jersey City!
- AMENITIES: you pay a ~$600/year amenities fee for monthly building events (i.e.: summer bbq party, holiday party, etc.) and access to the pool and gym (all equipment is state of the art with televisions, and they host yoga/pilates classes). The doormen are also incredibly friendly, and I've never had an issue picking up a package. If you'd like, the building also has its own parking garage attached to the building that you can pay for. Lastly, you can rent out the lounge for free so long as you post a notice about it on the 225 Grand building app.
- MAINTENANCE: all of our maintenance requests were dealt with promptly and efficiently. The building is also kept in great shape (admittedly, the hallways of the building are incredibly strange-looking).
Word of advice: when looking for a unit in this building, I would highly recommend an interior unit (aka one that faces the pool area) on a higher floor. Not only is it quieter, but you get AMAZING sunset views. The units that face the other directions (either Manhattan or 18 Park) are much noisier.
Amazing location, well spaced out apartments
Every extravagance is here, and every amenity is on site. It starts with the spacious lobby that welcomes you home and the garage that takes the hassle out of parking. And with an attended lobby-24/7-rest assured that everything is under control. Enter your personal oasis where comfort is matched with high design. From the honey-stained hardwood floors to the custom window treatments framing the spectacular views, this is your home. No detail has been overlooked - such as the quartz countertops and stainless steel appliances in the kitchen. Then there's Club 225, a combination of the essential with the lavish - a fitness center, a rooftop pool, a sundeck and a billiards lounge.
Open until 6:00pm
© 2020 RentPath, LLC. All rights reserved. All photos, videos, text and other content are the property of RentPath, LLC. APARTMENT GUIDE and the APARTMENT GUIDE Trade Dress are registered trademarks of RentPath, LLC or its affiliates.
Apple, the Apple logo, iPad, and iPhone are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.
Information is copyrighted and school data provided by GreatSchools.org. Information is deemed reliable but not guaranteed. Schools listed above are based on distance from the selected location and are just a sampling of the schools in the area. To find a particular school district, and how it relates to a specific apartment, please contact the apartment manager.