AT&T Fiber (SM) Internet
East Orange Apartment Features
- Apartments with Air Conditioning in East Orange
- Apartments with Balcony in East Orange
- Apartments with Elevator in East Orange
- Apartments with Laundry Facility in East Orange
- Apartments with Utilities Included in East Orange
- Apartments with Washer and Dryer In Unit in East Orange
- Apartments with under $1100 in East Orange
- Apartments with under $1200 in East Orange
- Apartments with under $1300 in East Orange
- Apartments with under $1400 in East Orange
- Apartments with under $2000 in East Orange
- Apartments with under $800 in East Orange
Apartments Near East Orange
- Rutgers University--Newark, NJ
- University of Medicine & Dentistry of New Jersey, NJ
- New Jersey Institute of Technology, NJ
- Seton Hall University, NJ
- Essex County College, NJ
- Dover Business College--Newark, NJ
- Drake College of Business--Newark, NJ
- Immaculate Conception Seminary, NJ
- Bloomfield College, NJ
- Eastern International College--Belleville, NJ
- HoHoKus School--RETS/Nutley, NJ
For SaleEast Orange, NJ Homes for Sale
Living In East Orange, NJ
The small city of East Orange, New Jersey is home to slightly less than 65,000 people. The city's population, at an average age of just under 38, is younger than most cities in New Jersey. Homeowners tend to be in the minority in the area, and 74% of residents are renting. The trend is driven in part by a relatively affordable average rent of $1,049/month, which is $223 less than the state average.
Compared to the national average, East Orange has a large concentration of residents over the age of 25 who have a high school degree or GED (25%). Additionally, 9% possess a Bachelor's degree and 3% have a Master's degree or Doctorate. There are two primary industries in East Orange: healthcare and retail. Together, these industries make up 18% of the city's workforce. Meanwhile, in terms of job function, 8% of residents work in sales, making it the top profession in the city. East Orange workers earn an average annual income of about $56,000, about $30,000 less than the average New Jersey resident. The city's average income also trails the national average of $73,345.
East Orange has an average commute time of about 37 minutes, longer than the state average of about 34 minutes. Many residents (29%) commute to work by car or truck, while public transit is used by just 11% of the city. Walking (2%) isn't a common way to get to work, though the number does exceed the national average.
LIST YOUR PROPERTY FOR RENT
Frequently Asked Questions About East Orange
What is the average rent in East Orange?
What is the average cost of rent for a one-bedroom in East Orange?
Are there any cheap apartments for rent in East Orange?
Are there any pet friendly apartments in East Orange?
© 2022 RentPath Holdings, Inc. All rights reserved. All photos, videos, text and other content are the property of RentPath Holdings, Inc. APARTMENT GUIDE and the APARTMENT GUIDE Trade Dress are registered trademarks of RentPath Holdings, Inc or its affiliates.
Apple, the Apple logo, iPad, and iPhone are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.
Information is copyrighted and school data provided by GreatSchools.org. Information is deemed reliable but not guaranteed. Schools listed above are based on distance from the selected location and are just a sampling of the schools in the area. To find a particular school district, and how it relates to a specific apartment, please contact the apartment manager.
If you are using a screen reader, or are having difficulty reading this website, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.