1. Home
  2. Montana
  3. Hamilton
  4. Apartments for rent in Hamilton, MT

2 Perfect Matches Available

Hamilton Apartment Features

Apartments Near Hamilton

Nearby Cities


See what Hamilton, MT has to offer
View Local Guide

All About

Living In Hamilton, MT

Hamilton, a small town in Montana, has a population of slightly less than 5,000. It's a comfortable place to settle down, as retirees account for a greater percentage of the population (27%) here than they do nationally (14%), while young adults feature less prominently in the demographics. Overall, the town's population, with an average age of just over 45, is older than most cities in Montana. By a small 54%-46% margin, renters slightly outnumber homeowners in Hamilton. At $801 per month, the average rent is roughly the same as the state average.

With an average commute time of about 16 minutes, shorter than most cities in Montana, Hamilton residents are well aware that getting to work isn't overly time-consuming. Driving a car or truck is the typical mode of getting to work, selected by 36% of commuters, while public transit isn't used widely. Few residents (4%) commute to work on foot, though the number does exceed the national average.

Hamilton has a relatively large percentage of residents older than 25 with advanced degrees compared to the national average (7%), as 9% have earned a Master's degree or a Doctoral degree. Further, 13% have a Bachelor's degree. There are three primary industries in Hamilton: retail, healthcare, and entertainment. Combined, these industries make up 22% of the town's workforce. Meanwhile, looking at job function, many of the town's residents work in sales, as 6% of the town's population reports this as their field of work, the highest number of any field. Hamilton workers bring in an average annual income of about $40,000, less than the average Montana resident. Hamilton's average income also falls below the national average ($73,345).

Frequently Asked Questions About Hamilton

How much does it cost to rent in Hamilton, MT?

Our Price Sort filter can help you find a rental at a cost that's perfect for your budget.

Is it expensive to rent in Hamilton?

There are competitively priced rentals in the areaView All Rentals!

Are there any cheap apartments for rent in Hamilton?

For the best deal, we recommend using our cheap apartments filter.

Are there any pet friendly apartments in Hamilton?

Apply Apartment Guide's pet friendly filter to see only Hamilton apartments that accept pets.

© 2023 Rent Group Inc. All rights reserved. All photos, videos, text and other content are the property of Rent Group Inc. APARTMENT GUIDE and the APARTMENT GUIDE Trade Dress are registered trademarks of Rent Group Inc. or its affiliates.

Apple, the Apple logo, iPad, and iPhone are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.

Information is copyrighted and school data provided by GreatSchools.org. Information is deemed reliable but not guaranteed. Schools listed above are based on distance from the selected location and are just a sampling of the schools in the area. To find a particular school district, and how it relates to a specific apartment, please contact the apartment manager.

Download the ApartmentGuide.com app for Android and iOS

If you are using a screen reader, or are having difficulty reading this website, please email accessibilityfeedback@rent.com.